About this listing
Own room in 2-room flat. The area "Höganäs" is close to the city centre (10 min), the central station (15 min) and has both great restaurants and green surroundings. The recently renovated bathroom and kitchen is shared with me. Wifi included.
The twin bed is 200*160cm² and can be split into two by request. Towels and bed sheets are included and can be changed when you like. Cleaning fee is included in the price.
The room is 10m² and faces the inner courtyard, cars rarely enter the courtyard which means it is quiet.
Washer and dryer is available in the building, but needs to be booked at least 2 weeks before, please let me know if you will need it.
Breakfast will be available in the shared kitchen, and you will prepare it yourself at your convenience.
Interaction with Guests
I live in the other room in the flat, and when I am not home I will be available on phone or text. I have lived in Uppsala for over five years and know where you find great restaurants and other great spots, what I do not know I can find out. I speak Swedish and English. Feel free to ask me anything, I will be happy to help!
Höganäs is a safe and quiet area in central Uppsala. It is close to the central station where there are plenty of trains every hour taking you to Stockholm in 38 min. and Arlanda airport in 17 min.
There are several good restaurants nearby including Sushi, Greek, Persian and Pizza. There is also two parks nearby, a big (Gränby park) and a smaller (Höganäsparken), perfect for a jog or evening walk.
Walking distances (measured by me):
- Central station 15 min.
- Orient Livs (grocery store) 3 min.
- Kvarnen (shopping centre) 5 min.
- Vaksala torg (restaurants, bars, music & congress centre, flea market) 5 min.
- Uppsala Cathedral 13 min.
- Svartbäcksgatan (main shopping/café street) 8 min.
- Kvarntorget bus station 3 min.
- Katalin (concert venue/restaurant/pub) 7 min.
- Flustret (night club) 15 min.
- Fyrishov (bath house/recreation/sports) 20 min.
- Linnaeus garden 10 min.
- Uppsala castle 15 min.
- Botanical garden 15 min.
Getting around in Uppsala:
Most people in Uppsala gets around by bike. Luckily I have a basic one to lend you, I'll just need a deposit of SEK 1000 in case something happens, but if the bike is returned so is the deposit off course.
If you need more than one bike or a better model you can rent bikes in town for SEK 200 for the first day and then SEK 100/day.
Typically you will not need to use public transport, however if you wish to travel around outside central Uppsala it might be easiest to take the bus. The bus station "Kvarntorget" is a three minute walk away.
There is also a good supply of taxis should you need it.
Schedules and information about Uppsala public transit is available @ UL's website.
Getting to Stockholm:
It's easy to travel from Uppsala to Stockholm, many people commute every day. Several trains leave every hour, from 5 in the morning until 22 at night. The train ride is about 38 min. and will normally cost you SEK 84.
The trains stop at Stockholm central station. If you go by SL commuter train they also stop at many locations in Stockholm.
A taxi ride to or from Stockholm will set you back at least SEK 1200.
Other Things to Note
* Please let me know your time of arrival so that I can arrange to be at the apartment.
* My girlfriend owns a very friendly dog named Hugo who sometimes visit, If you are allergic or if you for any other reason mind a dog, let me know and I'll make sure to clean extra thoroughly
* No smoking inside the apartment. Off course you are free to smoke right outside.
* Do not bother the neighbours, this is private homes not a hotel, if you need any help give me a call!
* As in most swedish homes, you are expected to take your shoes off inside.
* No music or noise after 22.00.
* There is no silly curfew, however I expect you to be quiet if you arrive late at night.
* I will take a photo of your passport or ID on arrival (for security reasons, standard procedure). This will be deleted once you have checked out.
* I clean before you arrive and once you have left. That means you take care of the room while you are staying there. If you need new towels or bed sheets let me know.
* Please use coasters :-)
* If you want to bring a pet, please ask me before, I will find out if I can accommodate your pet.
I work as a web strategist here in Uppsala where I've lived for five years. Originally I'm from Göteborg but I've lived in Stockholm and Berlin as well. As a host it's important for me to make the guest feel welcome. I like to travel to european cities and warm places.
I'm fluent in English and Swedish and I also speak ein bischen deutsch :-) Feel free to ask me anything!