About this listing
BEST LOCATION IN SAO PAULO:
Artistic house in the heart of Vila Madalena! The nicest district in SP! All the clubs, bars and trendy points in the city are a 10 minutes (maximum) walk from here. Incredible opportunity!
The house is huge (it has three floors, a big loft and wild garden), as a terrific view of Sao Paulo, is less than a 10 min walk from the Vila Madalena subway station, and a short walk to all the VIla Madalena bars, art galleries and night life. the place has one Queen size bed, an additional Queen size mattress and also has 2 very comfortable couches to sleep on. In total it comfortably fits 2 couples + 2 singles = 6 people. :)
ECOLOGICAL, GREEN, SAFE AND QUITE:
You will have the entire second floor to yourself, with a fantastic view of Sao Paulo and complete privacy. The house is ecologically correct and was build intelligently:
- The entire house is very well illuminated, with natural ventilation.
- The rooms don't get too hot, nor too cold, as their roof have a 50cm garden layer to insulate (no Air Conditioning needed).
- The house has hot and cold water everywhere and is 100% solar powered.
- The house is extremely safe, with an electric fence, camera system and alarm.
- The house is surprisingly quite for an urban context as it is facing out of São Paulo.
- There are many parks nearby to take a walk or meditate.
- Since you are on the third floor, you'll have the best view of Sao Paulo, but also have to be prepared to take a few extra stairs... :)
- IMPORTANT: the house does not have handicapped access.
VERY BRAZILIAN, UNIQUE AND ARTISTIC:
This place was build by an artist, who likes nature, the great view and the carefully chosen location. You will have complete privacy, the place is very quite and ideal for creative work. And still, it is within walking distance to Brazil's hippest bars, art galleries and general night live (see below).
The second floor consists of one huge loft with suspended bedroom, complete bathroom and walk-in closet, one complete and equipped kitchen (fridge, freezer, oven, stove, etc.). There is a common fully equipped laundry room (washer, dryer, hangers and additional shower).
The master bedroom has a suspended king size bed and additional mattresses, if you have a larger group. There is one complete bathroom with a walking closet and one additional shower in the washing room. There is also an additional toilet on the ground floor, if needed.
The kitchen is fully furnished for any cooking needs and the laundry room is fully equipped for you to wash your own cloths, which you can use without any restrictions. There is a garage for up to two cars. If you have any problems, you can call our maintenance.
270% view of one of the biggest cities in the world, sipping on a caipirinha or a glass of wine. Don't miss the tropical very colorful sunsets!
SURROUNDED BY RESTAURANTS AND BARS:
The house is very central, close to the Vila Madalena Subway station, next to many bus stations and surrounded by many taxi stands. There are local bakeries, coffee shops, bars, restaurants, all walking distance, most of them considered the best of Brazil! My favorite is Chez Vivi (very fancy and a bit expensive, but perfect to take your loved one for a special occasion) and 101 Cervejas Nacionais (where you will be find most Brazilian beers and many international brands for an accessible price and long explanations by the owner). Both are half a block from the house. Don't forget to visit the most bohemian bar (Mercearia Sao Pedro), which is two blocks away. If you alone, just grab a beer, stand on the side walk and start talking to any stranger. Most people speak English. If you walk further downhill, you'll get the super-crowded and crazy Vila Madalena crowds (about 3-4 blocks down), where you also find excellent restaurants! For vegetarians, you have a ver economic place 1min away (Restaurante Cereal Brasil) and a very economic bakery with great breakfasts (Padaria Rodesia), both on Rua Rodesia. The bakery also delivers food, including readymade meals. (website hidden) Vila Madalena for more info.
The house has a very friendly caretaker (Marinho), who resolves almost anything. If you have any language difficulties you can always talk to the first floor staff, a very nice Japanese/Brazilian video producer, who will kindly assist you. Enjoy your stay and make the most out of it!
The weekly or monthly rate is prorated across a guest's entire stay. For example, the cost of a 10 night stay will be calculated using 10 x (weekly rate / 7).
The house gets professionally cleaned and disinfected, all sheets and towels are exchanged and washed at boiling temperatures and all dishes re-washed by professionals, after each guest.
- Broadband internet points (LAN)
- LED TV 50"
- Satellite Cable TV (many languages)
- Camera Surveillance
- Electric Fence
- Heated Floors
We have two bicycles, which can be rented for exploring the area by bike. There are several ciclovias close by (up to 42km cycling trails). The fee is USD 10/day, including lock + a USD 200 security deposit, which will be refunded upon return.
There are two parking spaces, which can be rented separately. The fee is USD10/day. Please check availability beforehand.
(Wikipedia description of the neighborhood):
Vila Madalena is a upper middle class neighborhood of the Pinheiros district in the western part of the city of São Paulo, Brazil. The neighborhood is known for its bustling nightlife, and its history as a center of São Paulo bohemian culture and art. The neighborhood is filled with dozens of art galleries and studios, an eclectic mix of restaurants and bars and also boasts a series of impressive graffiti-covered streets and alleys.
Full equipped (website hidden) with cable. The laundry room is shared with the other floors and has a washer and dryer. Shared parking, subject to availability.
Interaction with Guests
Usually I interact through email, SMS or cell phone. There is a housekeeper, who lives behind the building for any emergencies.
Vila Madalena is without any doubts the best neighborhood in São Paulo. It reflects Brazil's way of enjoying life. It is full of cultural events and sparkles with bohemian nightlife.
There is a metro station within 5-10 minutes walking distance. The bus stops are 1 minute away.
Other Things to Note
The loft is huge and very artistic. It is also very quite, considering that it is in the middle of Vila Madalena and its busy nightlife.
Common sense orientations:
1. Don't play very loud music at night, which could upset the neighbors.
2. All guests should be announced and approved beforehand.
3. Don't bring home strangers, as Brazil is not the safest place (many Cinderella attacks).
4. Keep the place clean.
5. Take out the trash on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, if you stay more than a week.
6. Call maintenance, if any problem occurs (they only speak Portuguese).
7. You can always call my company's staff, who works downstairs during business hours (they speak Portuguese, English and Japanese).
8. Email me any time to give you further assistance.
9. If you like plants, take good care of them and give them water. :)
10. There are several posts throughout the house, giving more directions, such as, how to call a taxi, maps to the metro stations, how to use the toilet (Brazil's toilets are a bit different), etc.
11. Enjoy your stay!
12. If you liked the place, please don't forget to recommend it!
13. Check-in time is 2pm and check-out time is 11am, unless if we make other arrangements. I can be flexible, if there is no other guest before or after.
14. There are two parking spots, which can be rented separately. Please check for availability, if you would like to use it.
15. Lost keys or remote controls will be charged U$100 each. For security reasons, we would have to change all locks.
About the Host, Omid Christoph
I am half Swiss and half American and divide my year between the US, Brazil, China and Germany. I have a beautiful house in the heart of Vila Madalena, São Paulo, Brazil, which will be available while I am abroad. I speak fluently German, English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and am now learning Chinese. :)
The house has a very friendly caretaker (Marinho), who doesn't speak any English, but if you have any language difficulties you can always talk to my staff, who will be on the ground floor during business hours. You can always contact me through here or once booked over email or skype.
Vila Madalena rocks! If you come to Brazil don't miss it! Don't forget my extensive Guide, which will lead you to the most happening places and interesting people in the Vila!