About this listing
Located walking distance from the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Mason, and Fisherman's Wharf with rooftop views of the bridge and Alcatraz Island. One of the safest neighborhoods in San Francisco.
Your own bedroom in the coveted Marina district of San Francisco, CA:
• This is a large (175 sqft, 11.5' x 12') bedroom in a four room flat.
• Room has queen-sized bed and will sleep two.
• Almost everything in the apartment is hypoallergenic including your fancy Natori bamboo sheets.
• Furnished with bed, desk, chair, WiFi, and limited on-demand movies.
• Hardwood floors, rooftop deck, backyard patio seating, and great sunlight. I live in the other large room and the kitchen and bath we share.
• There are no furry pets (I have fish...and allergies) and the robot vacuum does its best to keep everything tidy between house cleaning visits.
• There is a pay washer and dryer downstairs.
• The building has intercom / buzzer access.
• You get your own key during your stay.
• You have complete access to your room, closet, bathroom, a simple kitchen/dining area, and all of my (limited) cooking supplies and refrigerator.
Interaction with Guests
• I'll enjoy helping you discover the city as much as possible, though sometimes you'll just get the "key hand-off" due to work and travel. There is so much to do in San Francisco that we'll have to talk about ways to shrink your must-do list.
• Please contact me if you are intending to stay for longer than two weeks as I am favoring shorter stays. You'll need to sell me on the idea.
• You are 2 blocks from shopping and restaurants on Chestnut street and 3 blocks from the Marina Green, Yacht Club, and so much more.
• This is a reasonably quiet, quaint neighborhood off of the main roads. Street parking is an option.
• Close to Muni bus 22, 30, 30x, plus many tourist buses on Lombard Street and way too many Go-Cars and bicycles for rent.
• To get to the/from the airport I have done the BART train with a bus ride; takes about 1hr30min and costs $10 each way. I've also done a taxi door to door for $60 and 20min each way. Finally, there is the shared van rides which take about 45min and cost $19. The shared van is the best option, taxi is easiest...bus/train are cheapest.
Other Things to Note
• This is a top floor apartment; meaning there are no neighbors living above you...and also that there are three flights of stairs (third floor).
• There is no elevator in the building. That's not really a big deal, but if you have a ton of things or are out of shape, it can be a struggle.
Please just keep in mind that this is my home, and not a hotel. I ask that you treat me and my home with basic respect – as you would want your home to be treated if you were opening it up to the outside world. Aside from that, please also note the following:
• Ensure that the front door is closed and locked at all times to protect us from the packs of wild Marina girls.
• If you come home late (after 10p), or leave early (before 6a), please keep the noise to a mild roar.
• Absolutely no unregistered guests permitted in the home AT ANY TIME.
• Absolutely NO SMOKING in the home (on the roof is fine);
• Please stay out of my bedroom, duh.
Vic was super and the place was as described. The rooftop view was amazing and the location wonderful. Will try and stay again next year!
Fantastic room in this apartment, exactly as shown in the pictures. Vic was great with all communication. Really great location with plenty of things to do close by, food, drinks, coffee. Easy to travel from he Marina District on buses also. Great bathroom and shower and perfect WiFi connection. Highly recommended.
Vic was very helpful upon check in and flexible with our arrival time. The location was very convenient to Chestnut St and the Marina precinct.
I had a great time staying at Vic's place. He & Leslie were very friendly, helpful with handy tips, yet staying out of your way all the time. I had complete privacy but knew I could ask them if I needed any help. The apartment is in a very quiet location, a short bus ride away from the Marina area. Ideal location to explore San Fransisco.
Vic was great! I got in very late (midnight on work night) and he was extremely helpful with getting me from Oakland airport to the apartment and very accommodating making sure I got in and got a key.
Couldn't ask for more from AirBNB host.
Vic was a great host. Even though he was busy with work, he sent me a text to make sure I was settling in okay. That was a nice touch. The room was great and as listed; one of the best beds I've ever slept in. All in all a great stay and I would stay with Vic again.
This was a perfect location for me to walk to a workshop in the Presidio, about a mile away. Lots of restaurants and a great little market nearby. The bed was very comfortable and Vic made sure I had what I needed. Tip for light sleepers AirBnB travelers: This is an older building typical of the area -- very charming, but comes with a bit of noise (not excessive, just worth being aware).
About the Host, Vic
I've lived in San Francisco for the last ten years and for work I build fancy data models to help computers think about finance and risk.
I make it a point to squeeze every drop out of life, love new experiences/people/destinations, and practice pouring positive energy over my community.
I spend a great deal of time doing charity fundraising for The Guardsmen in San Francisco and am otherwise playing with one of the running or triathlon clubs.
I was born in New Orleans, grew up in Los Angeles, and spent six years in the US Navy as a Nuclear engineer and search and rescue swimmer.