Located walking distance from the Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Mason, and Fisherman's Wharf with rooftop views of the bridge and Alcatraz Island. One of the safest neighborhoods in San Francisco.
Your own bedroom in the coveted Marina district of San Francisco, CA:
• This is a large (175 sqft, 11.5' x 12') bedroom in a four room flat.
• Room has queen-sized bed and will sleep two.
• Almost everything in the apartment is hypoallergenic including your fancy Natori bamboo sheets.
• Furnished with bed, desk, chair, WiFi, and limited on-demand movies.
• Hardwood floors, rooftop deck, backyard patio seating, and great sunlight. I live in the other large room and the kitchen and bath we share.
• There are no furry pets (I have fish...and allergies) and the robot vacuum does its best to keep everything tidy between house cleaning visits.
• There is a pay washer and dryer downstairs.
• The building has intercom / buzzer access.
• You get your own key during your stay.
• You have complete access to your room, closet, bathroom, a simple kitchen/dining area, and all of my (limited) cooking supplies and refrigerator.
Interaction with Guests
• I'll enjoy helping you discover the city as much as possible, though sometimes you'll just get the "key hand-off" due to work and travel. There is so much to do in San Francisco that we'll have to talk about ways to shrink your must-do list.
• Please contact me if you are intending to stay for longer than two weeks as I am favoring shorter stays. You'll need to sell me on the idea.
• You are 2 blocks from shopping and restaurants on Chestnut street and 3 blocks from the Marina Green, Yacht Club, and so much more.
• This is a reasonably quiet, quaint neighborhood off of the main roads. Street parking is an option.
• Close to Muni bus 22, 30, 30x, plus many tourist buses on Lombard Street and way too many Go-Cars and bicycles for rent.
• To get to the/from the airport I have done the BART train with a bus ride; takes about 1hr30min and costs $10 each way. I've also done a taxi door to door for $60 and 20min each way. Finally, there is the shared van rides which take about 45min and cost $19. The shared van is the best option, taxi is easiest...bus/train are cheapest.
Other Things to Note
• This is a top floor apartment; meaning there are no neighbors living above you...and also that there are three flights of stairs (third floor).
• There is no elevator in the building. That's not really a big deal, but if you have a ton of things or are out of shape, it can be a struggle.
Please just keep in mind that this is my home, and not a hotel. I ask that you treat me and my home with basic respect – as you would want your home to be treated if you were opening it up to the outside world. Aside from that, please also note the following:
• Ensure that the front door is closed and locked at all times to protect us from the packs of wild Marina girls.
• If you come home late (after 10p), or leave early (before 6a), please keep the noise to a mild roar.
• Absolutely no unregistered guests permitted in the home AT ANY TIME.
• Absolutely NO SMOKING in the home (on the roof is fine);
• Please stay out of my bedroom, duh.
Vic was a great host and the apartment was clean and comfortable. I would stay again. Good location.
Vic was a great host for my stay in San Francisco. I enjoyed being at the heart of the city. Parking was a nice experience too after Vic informed of the better availability at the marina. If you want to experience living in San Francisco I recommend staying here.
Vic treated us warmly and gave us some basic instructions when we arrived. The room was as pictured in his photographs and the apartment was clean. There were other residents in the complex but all were very quiet.
The room is perfect for an individual looking to check out the city and have a safe, clean place to rest his/her head at night. I didn't feel that it was an ideal space for couples due to an old ventilation grate that connects the hosts room with the rental room; it was a little less private than I would prefer.
There is free 2 hr parking available on the street from 8am-6pm most days (except for street cleaning days). After 6pm you can park all night and the neighborhood felt very safe. We loved the location; there were great restaurants and access to the municipal bus system within a few blocks as well as a great rooftop view of the city within the apartment complex.
Thanks again Vic. We had a great time.
Vic is a very nice guy. The room is clean and the neighborhood is safe and near a lot of great SF stuff. Vic was very welcoming. I was disappointed in having to ask for things that should be taken for granted when one is paying more than $100 per day, including taxes and fees. I requested a trash receptacle and was told no, that I should take my trash to the receptacle in the bathroom. I asked for a wash cloth or a small towel to go with the single towel I was given for a six-night stay. Again, no, although I was given a rag instead from a kitchen drawer, which I didn't use. I asked if I might print out a boarding pass for my flight. Again, no. There is no bed-table and therefore no lamp to read by. I asked Vic to move the standing lamp over, which he did, but it was not optimal for reading. A box of tissues would also have been a nice touch. In the end, the room served its purpose, but considering the no-frills setting, I believe it was over-priced.
Vic is an excellent host, with a super nice place! Had a great stay here, highly recommended. Seriously, this is the place to stay if you AirBNB in SF. The neighborhood is beautiful, very safe, and in a great location. Vic is friendly and has great recommendations! Just a cool dude who really knows where his towel is. It's also possible he might be Batman.
We felt very comfortable staying at Vic's place in a beautiful neighborhood close to the water and various entertainment options. Vic was friendly, welcoming and effective with his communication - he suggested we take a picture of his whiteboard with all of the pertinent information on it. I'd certainly recommend staying there to others.
Vic has a nice comfortable spot in a good neighborhood and I would recommend anyone stay with him and his girl. Buses/cabs are readily available, or you can walk along Chestnut/Lombard/Union and find something to do. There is also a desk/chair in the room and good wifi, so it was easy for me to work from home. Roof deck has awesome views. Thanks Vic!
I've lived in San Francisco for the last ten years and for work I build fancy data models to help computers think about finance and risk.
I make it a point to squeeze every drop out of life, love new experiences/people/destinations, and practice pouring positive energy over my community.
I spend a great deal of time doing charity fundraising for The Guardsmen in San Francisco and am otherwise playing with one of the running or triathlon clubs.
I was born in New Orleans, grew up in Los Angeles, and spent six years in the US Navy as a Nuclear engineer and search and rescue swimmer.