About this listing
Coco's Garden Master Bedroom is the master bedroom of a vintage early-Independence period Manila home, a rarity in Manila at this point in time. You will experience old-world style that is almost impossible to find in modern Manila.
This is the upstairs bedroom at our home, Coco's Garden.
Coco's Garden Master Bedroom Manila is the upstairs bedroom in a vintage home in a quiet corner of the Paco District of old Manila. The ceilings are tall, with windows all around looking out into the garden. Hardwood floors.
Intramuros, Ermita, Malate and Makati are a few kilometers away, and access to public transportation is easy. The Master Bedroom has its own restroom, with a sink, a toilet, and a shower (with hot water). The room is air-conditioned, with access and use of the house's kitchen and garden. The room has Cable TV and broadband wifi.
The local Robinsons mall has the usual fast-food outlets, while a little farther away at Paco Park you can find My Kitchen (Italian) and the Old Swiss Inn. If you're interested in a local cooking lesson, I can arrange a teacher (for a fee). Airport pickup/drop-off can be arranged for ($25 US each way).
Smoking is not allowed in the bedrooms, but is fine in the restrooms and the patio or garden.
Professional in-house massage by a local agency employing the blind is available.
If you need a car/driver, I may be able to assist you.
This room is not appropriate for pets.
As our guest, you will of course have your private room and private restroom. The rest of the home is shared space, including the kitchen, the living area, and the garden/patio.
Interaction with Guests
As you will be staying in our home with us, you can expect us to be available for your questions or needs related to your stay with us and your time in the Philippines.
Ours is an historical neighborhood dating back to the arrival of Japanese expatriate Catholics in the early 17th-century. In the years prior to WW2, Paco was the part of Manila where artists and some wealthier families lived on large properties. Lumber yards proliferated, and some manufacturing was done. The face of Paco has changed mightily over the years, but vestiges of the old Paco can be found by the intrepid explorer. Intramuros/Malate/Ermita are nearby.
We are located near a major intersection where Jeepneys and taxis can be had.
Other Things to Note
We have 4 dogs and 3 cats, all of whom will see your attention. They all live in the garden.
1. Electricity: The Philippines has among the highest electricity rates in Asia, so please help us to conserve.
2. Air conditioning: Please do close the windows well, and if you leave the house for the day, please turn off the a/c. Using the fans will help circulate the cool air.
3. Food/trash: Do not put any food or degradable materials in the trash bin as this attracts insects. These types of waste can be left at the kitchen sink for disposal.
4. Shoes: Please leave your street shoes at the downstairs entrance. We do not allow street shoes in the house.
5. Smoking is allowed in the restrooms, screened patio, and garden.
6. Please do not feed the cats or the dogs (without our approval)
7. Unregistered daytime guests are welcomed, but unregistered overnight guests are discouraged.
8. If you have any valuables that you would like to have secured, please let us know.
9. This bedroom has a thin hardwood floor, so heavy footsteps and excessive TV volume carry to the guestroom. Please be mindful and considerate of the downstairs guest.