About this listing
Penthouse with stunning terrace and panoramic views of sea & sky. Finished in marble, Brazilian reclaimed hardwood, steel and glass, the open plan layout and views are a dream come true. Salvador is on a generally sunny, tropical peninsula, the constant breeze from the south east keeps it cool. Tell us a little info about yourself and your group, & we'll confirm all the details for an amazing vacation in the sun! Ask for prices for Carnival 2018! Two minutes from the famous Barra Ondina circuit!
Our penthouse has a stunning terrace on the tenth floor with panoramic views of sea & sky. You'll agree the photos don't do it justice. Contact us now with a little info about yourself and your group, & we'll confirm all the details for an amazing vacation in the sun!
The apartment sleeps 7 guests comfortably, (up to 8 guests allowed during carnival with mattresses. Ask for prices for Carnival 2018, it's a package price and is not shown on site).
All the bedrooms have superb views of the ocean, and very comfortable beds with clean, fresh linen and ample wardrobe space. All of the bedrooms have a ceiling fan and air-conditioning, and the floors are beautiful Brazilian wood. With the optional third bedroom, up to seven sleep very comfortably.
There are two bathrooms with showers, and a third with no shower. And there is a shower out on the terrace for cooling off while sunbathing.
The apartment is self catering and the kitchen is fully equipped for most holiday makers' needs. Three large supermarkets and 2 delicatessens in easy reach will make your meals a pleasure! Fresh fish from the boats just 10 minutes walk away!
We live very near by in the same building, and are happy to offer suggestions of places to eat, visit or explore, or help out with organising tours etc.
Everything is within walking distance: cafés, restaurants, bars, delicatessens, butchers, bakeries, fish mongers, ice cream parlours, shops, banks, night clubs, supermarkets, gyms, hairdressers, tour companies or guides, car hire, pharmacies, medical services, large shopping centres, you name it, it's probably here.
And we're a short bus ride (or taxi) to some of Salvador's best attractions such as the historic centre of Pelourinho, the markets of Cidade Baixa and Santo Antonio, and the bars and restaurants of Rio Vermelho (Red River), as well as being a short distance from one of the main Carnival circuits of Salvador, Barra-Ondina.
• The building has security doormen 24/7 and two elevators.
• There is a large seating area for guests and their visitors at the entrance and reception area of the building
• Bedroom 1 with ensuite bathroom: King size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan and plenty of wardrobe space.
• Bedroom 2: Two single beds (which can be converted into a king), wardrobe, air-conditioning, ceiling fan and with a social bathroom directly beside it.
• Bedroom 3: Sofa bed, or two single beds (which can be converted into a double), wardrobe, air-conditioning, ceiling fan and with a social bathroom directly beside it (no shower). Photos no: 20, 21, and 28-30.
• Large entrance hall with desk & seating area with free WiFi access.
• Utility room that doubles as a support area with under the counter fridge, sink and cupboard.
• Laundry area is just off the utility room and has a washing machine and clothes drying area.
• Fantastic open plan Penthouse, with panoramic sea views to die for.
• twin sofas and TV area with free WiFi access.
• large oval dining table
• Fully equipped kitchen with bar area, fridge/freezer, gas oven, 4 burner gas hob, microwave, water cooler, electric coffee maker, cafétiere, juicer, fruit blender, plates, cutlery, cups, mugs, and an assortment of general utensils.
• 32" Flat Screen, Full HD 1080p TV, DVD player, and Sky Cable TV (not HDTV) with HBO max included.
• Additional guests after 4 people, US$20 per person, per day. Up to a maximum of 7 guests, (8 guests maximum during carnival).
• Guests are responsible for electricity usage which will be charged separately on departure.
• We can arrange airport collection or drop off. Taxis charge from R$90 local currency, and you pay the driver in cash on arrival at our place.
• For an additional fee, we can put you in touch with a maid to clean the apartment, do your laundry, and iron and cook for you, so you can relax and enjoy your vacation stress free.
• Because of the height of the apartment, and the open stairs, we don't (usually) allow children younger than 8 years of age, unless parents assume full responsibility.
• The apartment and building are no-smoking, and no pets allowed. • Only registered guests allowed in the apartment or to sleep over, and must be named at the time of reservation. • No loud noise or unruly behaviour, especially after 10pm. • No pets or animals.
Have a look at our calendar to check availability, and tell us a bit about yourself and your group, and we'll be happy to confirm availability and prices, or answer any questions you may have.
Whatever your language, we're sure you'll love Bahia.
Jon and Rosana
PS: Please read our reviews. Guests love the apartment, as we do, and we look forward to hosting you.
Guests have access to the whole apartment, except a few cupboards and an outdoor service room. There is a shared garage, but access is only by prior arrangement, and at our discretion.
Interaction with guests
We live in one of the other apartments in the same building, so we're often on hand to help with translations, or helping with restaurant bookings or helping to organise or recommend tours.
We're in the famous tourist area of Barra, 2 minutes walk from the beautiful beach of Barra Vento, and the famous lighthouse, Farol da Barra, and a 10 minute stroll to another popular beach, Porto da Barra, which offers good swimming, sunbathing, standup surfing, kayaking, and scuba diving.
The area is safe and popular with tourists and locals. And the seafront walkway has been recently pedestrianised and is full of families, locals and tourists exercising and enjoying the restaurants, bars and sea views.
For example, Casa Vidal and Du Chef, are both rated in the top three Salvador restaurants on TripAdvisor, is very close to our apartment. And the nearby Quattro Amici has several times been voted best pizzaria in the city.
There are bus stops within a few metres of the building, and taxis passing nearby day and night. Getting around is really very easy.
Other things to note
We often help organise things like airport transfers, or tours, which guests' appreciate as it makes their holiday a little easier.
We'll give you a quick rundown on how everything works. The apartment is self catering, and guests are asked to take good care as they would their own home. Guests are responsible for electricity usage charged at cost according to the meter reading.
No loud music or noise especially after 10pm, or when entering or leaving building, and no parties, nor non-guests in the apartment or sleeping over; no smoking, no animals, no illegal activities, no sub-letting nor inviting unregistered guests to stay; any damage must be paid for in full and guests should arrange their own personal holiday insurance with their travel agents. For the building security non-registered visitors are only allowed in the large reception area on the raised ground floor at the front of the building. There is a huge comfortable seating area where visitors can wait for you. All visitors must identify themselves to the porteiros.
We normally don't accept very young children, under 8 years old, unless their parents confirm that they are used to staircases, and very high balconies, such as we have in our penthouse, and area willing to assume full responsibility.
We always ask that guests leave shoes at the front door; keep the apartment clean & tidy, food and rubbish always put away, and rubbish bins emptied daily to avoid attracting pests and insects as we're in the hot tropics. All guests must be registered at time of reservation and supply a copy of photo ID.
Remember to close windows and glass doors when going out as rain will damage the polished floors, take cushions and hammock in, and lock doors to the terrace for security. Open and close the glass doors slowly and with care.
Don't put paper or any sanitary objects in the toilet, use the small bin and plastic bag nearby, and dispose of with garbage everyday. Garbage can be left outside the apartment door, for collection at 4pm.
Don't rock, or swivel around on the oval dining room chairs as this will mark the beautiful Brazil wood floors..
When coming back from the beach, use the garage entrance and the tap at the (left) back to wash sand off your feet, and shake sand out of towels well. In the apartment always shower off sun lotion before sitting on beds or sofas. Please don't hang wet towels over doors. There is a drying line in the service area, and also an outdoor line and a good supply of clothes pegs.
If you run out of bottled water (R$9) we can order more for you. The cooker uses gas in cylinders, so let us know if it runs low and we'll order a new one for you.
The safe only uses a key and the rotary lever to open or close it. Turn the key gently counter- clockwise, and the lever gently clockwise, and the safe will open. Reverse the motion to lock it. Never force the key or the lever, or the safe may jam permanently, requiring the services of a lock smith to open it.
We rent the apartment as a self catering vacation rental, and provide a few basic essentials on your arrival – a set of bath towels, beach towels, and a few basic bathroom essentials. You can then stock up everything else you might need in one of the four supermarkets or many greengrocers for fresh fruit and vegetables.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Languages: Português, English & Spanish.
We're Jon and Rosana and we fell in love with Salvador many years ago. The warm sea, beautiful beaches, and spectacular sunsets, are just part of what we love about this vibrant, historical city.
Rosana is a fully qualified Shiatsu masseuse, Jon is a graphic designer, both living the dream in Bahia after the best of times in cool Britannia.