About This Listing
Great place for a peaceful beautiful vacation, the house is a private property with all the needs to experience real peace. You can enjoy the pool area and relax.
Beautiful new villa house,
near the best central pacific Beaches! in Costa Rica.
2 bedrooms, Kitchen, 2 Bath , One in the house with jacuzzi, Pool area, BBQ ranch with shower and bathroom.
25 minutes to Jaco beach, 35 minutes to Playa Hermosa ( 2010 WORLD SURF CHAMPIONSHIP BEACH) and just 1 h to One of the best spots of the country "Manuel Antonio National Park". Plus its only 40 minutes to the Capital city San Jose for a great tour day with the best in nightlife.
Only 3 minutes to all the services in downtown Orotina, supermarkets, drug store, bus stop, restaurants and all. ( walking)
Get some great Vacations! experience the "Pura Vida" life style in a secure and peacefull place just like a real "tico".
Great and peacefull neighborhood, you will chill and relax in the pool area, or read a book in the garden zone.
The house will be received in the exact same conditions as it was before the rent.
Frank met us at the Maxi Pali and led us into the property, which is really easy to get to off the main road. The place was great. Really private and secure. Frank said, make yourself at home, use whatever you need. When come back to Orotina I will stay here again.
Frank's house in Orotina is a tranquil oasis among the hustle of bustle outside. My wife and our 2.5 year old son stayed at the house for the month of January.
Here's what we liked about the house:
* The pool is amazing and the garden around the house is very beautiful. A lot of thoughtful design went into making this house comfortable.
* Within walking distance to super markets, fruit stands, restaurants (10 min walk), and the Orotina city center, including the main bus station (20 min walk).
* Clean and well maintained.
* Hosts were very responsive and accommodating during our stay.
* They had a bowl of fresh fruit (Orotina is known for it's plenitude of fruit), cold water and wine in the fridge waiting for us; it was a very much appreciated after our long trip with a toddler.
* Frank took me on a short tour around town on our first day - that was very much appreciated and was very helpful!
Here's what we didn't like:
* No internet (although Frank did pay to set it up, the cable company never came).
* No hot water. This was much less of an issue than I would have expected, but it was still not convenient, especially with a toddler.
* Semi-Automatic Washer. My wife asked around and this does seem to be the norm in the area, and oddly enough the closest store only sells Semi-automatic washers. So this may be cultural, but our current rental in Santa Teresa has a "regular" washer. It was frustrating for my wife because with a toddler we do so much laundry, and it took her a lot longer to do that chore, and it had to be done in the morning, because there was a clothes line and the sun sets at 6pm.
Staying in Orotina was a wonderful cultural experience because we discovered the life in Costa Rica entirely outside of the usual tourist routes. Very few people speak any English, and the stores and restaurant cater to locals.
We did not have a car, and taking buses to Jaco or Puntarenas was much more difficult than we anticipated. There were no posted schedules, and even when we did find the buses, the rides were very hot and very long (2 hours, vs 20 minutes by car).
I would strongly advise anyone staying in Orotina to have a car - your stay will be much more enjoyable!
Overall we had a wonderful experience, and I would definitely come back to Orotina to stay at Frank's house again.
About the Host, Frank
I´m from San Jose, Costa Rica. What I like to do? well I like to do sports, go to the gym, I work in real estate and study Law, plus I have studied Business administration. I think as myself as a "pura vida" person, who loves his family and enjoys quality time with them.