About this listing
Old Bend meets new Bend in this spacious, newly constructed second level studio apartment in a century old neighborhood in NW Bend. The beautifully appointed room has private access and includes a well accessorized kitchen, comfortable furnishings, a queen size bed, and bathroom.
You will be welcomed with a special gift from a local vendor upon your arrival to compliment what we know will be a memorable stay in Bend. As comfortable as we know you’ll be in the studio, you must get out and experience all Bend has to offer. Hiking, fishing, golf, lakes, rivers, Mt. Bachelor, beautiful sightseeing and many more activities are within a 30 minute drive.
We think you’ll enjoy your stay without getting in your car at all. Within 3 blocks you can visit one of the favorite local brew pubs, the best pizza place in town, our favorite bakery and several other eateries. Beautiful downtown Bend is a 15 minute walk, or, a short bike ride on bikes we provide. Experience locally owned restaurants, bars, breweries, unique boutique shops, coffee roasters, bakeries, Drake park and more.
This century old neighborhood which was home to many mill workers in the past has become a rejuvenated and vibrant area for a new generation. Many of the old houses continue to be remodeled and, at the same time, retain the old neighborhood feel.
Interaction with Guests
Our interaction with guests is very limited. Even though we share the same property, the studio is separated and has private access. Because the studio is located above our garage, we occasionally meet guests by chance when we're leaving or returning at the same time.
Other Things to Note
We are a licensed business and as a short term rental we are required to pay a Transient Room Tax(TRT) of 10.4% to the city of Bend. Your room fee includes this 10.4%.
RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3PM PST AND CHECK-OUT TIME IS 11AM PST. No early check-ins or late check outs. This agreement does not create a tenancy or residence. You must depart at the appropriate time. (If you would like an earlier check-in, please ask.)
2. This is a NON-SMOKING rental.
3. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT – A damage/reservation deposit of $100 is required. This must be received before or on your check-in date. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is not applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within fourteen (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
a. No damage is done to the unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. No excessive utility usage (may be subject to a utility surcharge).
d. All keys are returned.
e. No linens are lost or damaged.
f. No early check-ins or late check-outs.
g. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or the local law enforcement.
4. NO PETS
5. NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPER SERVICE – Linens and towels included in the rental rate.
6. RATE CHANGES – Rates are subject to change without notice but will not change once deposit has been received.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
8. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
9. PARKING – Please park no more than one(1) car in designated parking space.
10. BE SAFE!
11. HAVE FUN!
GOOD NEIGHBOR GUIDELINES
1. If at any time you have concerns about your stay or in regards to your neighbors, please call the 24-hour contact number listed in the rental lease agreement or posted in the unit. In the event of an emergency, please call 911.
2. General Respect for Neighbors. Be friendly, courteous, and treat your neighbors like you want to be treated. Respect your neighbors and their property.
3. Noise. Be considerate of the neighborhood and your neighbor’s right to the quiet enjoyment of their home and property, especially after 10 p.m.
4. Maintenance of Property. Be sure to pick up after yourself and keep the property clean, presentable and free of trash.
5. Garbage Disposal. Place trash and recycling containers at the appropriate place and time for pickup. Return trash and recycling containers to the designated location within 12 hours after pickup. Cigarette butts should be properly extinguished and disposed of in the garbage.
6. Parking & Traffic Safety. Refer to the parking diagram posted in the unit and park on-site whenever possible. Do not park on lawns or in a manner which blocks driveways, sidewalks, alleys or mailboxes. Drive slowly through neighborhoods and watch for pedestrians and children playing.
7. Pets. Promptly clean-up after your pets. Prevent excessive and prolonged barking, and keep pets from roaming the neighborhood. Control aggressive pets, and be sure to abide by the local leash laws. Store pet food indoors and in a secure container to reduce the likelihood of unwanted pest problems.
8. Tenant/Guest Responsibility. Approved guests and visitors are expected to follow the Good Neighbor Guidelines. Be sure to read your rental agreement for additional terms and restrictions which may include consequences for violating the Good Neighbor Guidelines.
We love Bend! It's like being on vacation all year round. As a result, we haven't done much traveling. We still like to experience the different restaurants & breweries here. It seems that Bend has a big event going on almost weekly, which we usually partake. Would like to play more golf, but my summer job as owner of a sustainable lawn maintenance service keeps me pretty busy. In the winter I'm at Mt. Bachelor, mostly working, but do hit the slopes on occasion. Pam recently retired. She was the Executive Director for CASA of Central Oregon, a non-profit that advocates for children in foster care. Pam is passionate about children and youth. Before she started working for CASA she was an educator. In her spare time she enjoys running and golf. Her absolute favorite past time is reading cookbooks and entertaining family and friends.