About this listing
Modern and stylish home in San Francisco's Noe Valley neighborhood featuring 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, for up to 6 guests.
This stylish home in San Francisco's Noe Valley neighborhood features 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, and sleeps up to 6 guests. The two story house is thoroughly modern, yet comfortable. The house is quiet and light filled from many skylights, and boasts views of Noe Valley and a sliver of downtown San Francisco and the Bay. There's a small backyard with a towering redwood tree and a hot tub; from the hot tub with a view, you can enjoy a starry San Francisco night under a redwood tree, with the flickering lights of downtown San Francisco as your backdrop.
Two bedrooms are upstairs, and share one light filled bathroom. The first bedroom has a king bed; the second bedroom is configured as a home office, but has two sofabed armchairs that convert into two twin beds ideal for the kids. Also upstairs is a modern gourmet kitchen, with a Viking gas range and oven, and high-end appliances. A pantry provides additional space for preparing more elaborate dinners. A large light filled family and dining room has magnificent views of Noe Valley and the small green oasis below (where you'll often see humming birds), and leads to the spacious deck with views and a small barbecue. After sunset, you can watch movies on a big projection wall. Lastly, there's a reading room in the front of the house, where you can plot your day's moves under a large kentia palm.
The master bedroom is downstairs, has a queen bed, and opens onto a small sheltered deck by the redwood tree, and out to the hot tub and small fern garden. The hot tub accommodates up to 5 people and offers privacy and views. There's a full, but small bathroom downstairs. Both bathrooms have showers and tubs.
Noe Valley is a quiet, family friendly neighborhood within a stone's throw from the hip Mission and Castro, and their trendy restaurants. Noe's Valley's 24th Street, with its cafes, restaurants, and Saturday farmer's market is a 5 minute walk away; the bustling Castro and the Mission are each a 15-20 minute walk. Public transportation is 5 minutes away, and there is street parking directly in front of the house if you bring your own car (the garage is not available to guests).
The house is designed to be both stylish and modern, yet comfortable. It is urban, yet quiet and feels surrounded by nature. We want you to feel at home, and the house is not fussy - we welcome dogs of any size (but please absolutely no cats or other pets - we have severe allergies). There is absolutely no smoking in the house, backyard or on the deck. The house lends itself to entertaining but is NOT a party house - like most other places in the City, the neighbors live within close proximity. There's fast internet access throughout the house, and there are plenty of entertainment options, including Netflix. However, there are NO TVs: the living room has a projector, 7.1. soundsystem and a big projection wall for movies after dark, and one of the upstairs bedrooms has a large monitor and DVD player and Netflix. If you are a sports fan and can't live without watching your team, there are several sports bars just 5 minutes away on 24th Street.
This house is ideal if you want a quiet and stylish retreat, conveniently located after a day of hustle and bustle in the city - we hope to welcome you!
[San Francisco Short-Term Residential Rental Registration Number: 35STR.
Possession of a San Francisco Short-term Rental Registration Certificate certifies that the registration certificate holder has agreed to comply with the terms of the San Francisco Short-Term Residential Rental Ordinance (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 41A). This ordinance does not require an inspection of the unit by the City for Building, Housing, Fire, or other Code violations.]
Guests have access to all parts of the house, except for the garage. There is street parking directly in front of the garage. Some closets in the house are locked; however, there is one dedicated closet for guest use in each bedroom.
Interaction with Guests
We usually interact with guests only by email or phone. We are happy to help with preparing for your trip, but we respect your privacy. While renting this property, we stay at another house of ours, in a different part of town - however, in an emergency, we can typically be at the property within 30 minutes.
Noe Valley is a primarily residential neighborhood, although there are two bustling commercial strips: the first along 24th Street, between Church Street and Diamond Street, and the second, less dense corridor along Church Street, between 24th Street and 30th Street.
Ruth Asawa was a resident of Noe Valley from 1962 until her death in August of 2013. Carlos Santana graduated from James Lick Middle School on Noe Street in the early 1960s, as did Benjamin Bratt in the following decade. [Medea Benjamin also lives in the neighborhood. Famous residents include Scott Hutchins, Evan Williams and Mark Zuckerberg.
There is a bus stop (24) within a 3 minute walk of the house - this bus will connect you with the Muni stop in the Castro, which gives you fast access to any location downtown. Alternatively, there is a bus stop for the 48 on 24th and Castro (a 5 minute walk away). The 48 will bring you to the BART station at 24th and Mission.
The House Rules incorporate a Liability Waiver and Hot Tub Waiver (please see below) - acceptance of the House Rules, and the Liability Waiver and Hot Tub Waiver incorporated therein, is a condition for booking a stay at our property. We will be happy to email you a copy of the Liability Waiver and Hot Tub Waiver on request.
Unless otherwise agreed upon, check out is at noon and check in at 4PM. We’ll try to be flexible - please check in with me and we'll see what we can do.
6 overnight guest maximum - no events with more than 8 guests without prior permission - no wild parties please, but hosting a dinner is absolutely fine - please check in with me in advance and we can discuss.
We marked the house as kids friendly, which means we allow kids - it does not mean that the house is child-proof. Please be careful, and ensure that your children are safe. In particular: children are not allowed in the backyard or on the deck without close supervision by a responsible adult. There is a hot tub in the backyard which is NOT suitable for children without close supervision by an adult - there is a risk of drowning. Please be careful and NEVER let your children into the backyard without close supervision by an adult.
Dogs are allowed - we love dogs - but please be reasonable: no dogs on sofas or beds - consider us your friends, and please treat our house accordingly!
No pets other than dogs - unfortunately, we have a severe allergy triggered by cats, so absolutely no cats - sorry!
No outdoor entertaining after 11PM - again, please be reasonable - there's no problem using the hot tub late at night, just keep the noise down - we get along with our neighbors and we'd like to keep it that way.
There's absolutely no smoking allowed in or around the house.
Waiver of Liability And Hold Harmless Agreement.
1. In consideration for receiving permission to rent, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE the owner, their officers, agents, servants, or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demand, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any of the property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while in, on or upon the premises where the use is being conducted.
2. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, that they may incur due to my participation in renting, whether caused by negligence of releasees or otherwise.
3. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family, spouse, and my guests. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
4. I accept this Liability Waiver incorporated in the House Rules, which I accepted when making this booking. I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and accept it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same. Upon request by email, we will send you this Liability Waiver by email.
Hot Tub Waiver:
Hot Tub: ONLY GUESTS declared with this AIRBNB Booking MAY USE THE HOT TUB.
Please shower before use and do not put oils, lotions or any fragrance in the tub, as it will clog the filter and make the water dirty and cloudy. Please close lid when not in use. Please use only the towels designated for the use at the hot tub, and not the bath towels. Please do not add water to the tub. Please note that the hot tub is not a swimming pool or a babysitter. We strongly recommend that children under the age of ten not enter the hot tub. CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER THE BACKYARD WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION. If children are allowed in hot tub, they must be monitored by an adult at all times. and we strongly encourage limiting their use to 20 minutes. Additionally, using the hot tub as a swimming pool causes water to splash out of the tub onto electrical components as well as decreasing the water in the tub. This causes costly damage to the tubs. Additionally, we reserve the right to add a $100 cleaning charge to the reserved cardholder for excessive cleaning or breaking of policy if necessary.
In consideration for the utilization of the HOT TUBS we, understand and agree as follows:
1. I am responsible to check water quality before use. We provide test strips and chemicals at the hot tub. Please ensure that the water is balanced and properly disinfected. We regularly clean the hot tub, and disinfect the water, but since there is no manager on site, we ask that you check the hot tub before use. USE OF THE HOT TUB IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
2. To the best of my knowledge, I am physically sound and have medical approval by my doctor to participate in physical exercise activities of the type normally engaged in a voluntary health & fitness facility and for usage of a hot-tub.
2. I understand and agree that I am responsible for learning how to use the equipment properly and safely.
3. I understand that by ordering the use of the hot tub, I am assuming financial responsibility of the tub for any and all usage, breakage, and/or abuse of the policies during my stay. This could include an additional cleaning charge and/or water replacement fee of $100 and any/all additional fees for extraordinary maintenance and/or repair incurred by owner in order to restore the tub after my stay.
4. I understand that owner reserves the right to change or cancel the continued availability of HOT TUBS without prior notice to me for issues related to care, maintenance, and/or safety. No lease, license or bailment is created by my use of the HOT TUB.
5. Owner is not liable for any loss or damage to my property arising out of my usage of the HOT TUB.
6. I agree to refrain from using equipment that I determine to be defective or in need maintenance or repair. Should any equipment be in a state of disrepair, I will alert owner in lieu of using said equipment.
7. I understand that a risk of injury and/or illness is present when engaging in or utilizing HOT TUBS and I assume all responsibilities and risk of participation in this program. I understand that failure to follow listed policies may increase those risks and incur charges to my CC on file related to any breakage, abuse of equipment, and/or abuse and negligence of the policies given and signed upon check-in.
8. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF MY AGREEMENT, I INTEND TO BE LEGALLY BOUND FOR MYSELF, MY HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ADMINISTRATORS AND DO HEREBY RELEASE ANY AND ALL SPONSORS OF THIS FACILITY AND THEIR REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM INJURIES, INCLUDING ILLNESS AND DEATH, THAT I MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF MY USAGE OF THE HOT TUBS.
9. MY ACCEPTANCE OF THE HOUSE RULES, and the Liability Release and Hot Tub Waiver incorporated therein IS EVIDENCE I SHOULD CHECK WITH MY DOCTOR TO SEE IF HOT TUB USE IS SUITABLE FOR MY AND MY CHILD/WARD’S HEALTH AND PHYSICAL CONDITION.
10. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT, RELEASE & WAIVER LIABILITY, AND I KNOW ITS CONTENTS. I HAVE VOLUNTARILY ACCEPTED IT AS PART OF MY ACCEPTANCE OF THE HOUSE RULES AS MY OWN FREE ACT.
11. BY SIGNING I ADMIT RECEIVING AND ACKNOWLEDGING HOT TUB SAFETY RULES EITHER AT CHECK IN, IN CABINS, OR BY TUBS.
Communication aisée ; organisation bien rodée ; aucune difficulté significative durant ses 2 semaines ; petit cadeau de bienvenu avec quelques boissons dans le réfrigérateur et une corbeille de fruits
Emplacement assez fantastique ; au sommet d'une colline avec vue sur Noe Valle et Castro ; Maison dans une impasse donc peu de passage et rue très calme ; parking assuré devant le garage de la maison (particulièrement appréciable à San Francisco)
Très confortable, très agréable, belle luminosité, très bien entretenu ; Tout le confort moderne (machine à laver vaiselle, linge, sèche linge etc...) ; WiFi OK
Bonne literie pour les lits King Size ; mais confort plus spartiate pour les 2 lits d'appoint
Commerce et restaurant à proximité (faisable à pied)
Alex is a great and very considerate host. He gave us a warm welcome and made a good preparation to make us have a very comfortable stay. His house is fantastic with a great view. You will love his house and design. It's also quite convenient to go around and Alex would give u a detailed guide. Overall, we enjoy staying in his house and it was a great experience.
This is hands down the best Air B&B I've stayed in. Alex was an impeachable host - extremely responsive, welcoming and accommodating. It was a pleasure to meet Alex in person and he very generously left a cheese board and a bottle of prosecco to welcome us! The house itself is stunning (so much so that it could be in a magazine) with beautiful decor, fun, high-tech gadgets and unforgettable views of San Francisco from the 2 terraces. The location is great with lots of nice cafes and restaurants. The house is also close to public transport and to the Castro and Mission. Alex's house would be perfect for families, friends and colleagues alike and could very easily fit 6 people. It was an absolute treat to stay in Alex's place (and very hard to leave!) and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting San Francisco. A huge thank you for your hospitality Alex! We loved your place and hope to stay here again soon!
Alex was an incredible host! This is my second time booking this listing, and he is so communicative, welcoming, and available to answer any questions. This is a beautiful listing with incredible design, and a great location in Noe Valley. I can't recommend Alex and his home enough!
Lovely home within walking distance to 24th St. restaurants, shopping, etc. in the Noe Valley and convenient to so much in San Francisco. The home was nicely furnished and the host was most accommodating (a request for hand soap, for example, resulted in same day delivery - which was most impressive). You will not regret this selection for a visit to the area.
I traveled with 5 friends and we do love the house! This is my second time to San Francisco and I was so impressive about this house. it is clean and well decorated. We cooked and the kitchen was well equipped. We enjoy having tea and chat outdoor in the morning with the wonderful view of the city with the Twin Peak! It is also highly appreciated the map with pinned name cards in the kitchen to show nearby recommended restaurants. Alex also prepared us a little card on the fresh fruit to welcome us. We all enjoyed to gather in this lovely house.