About This Listing
Stay in one of our cozy and affordable, fully furnished units, or rent both for larger groups. Located just south of Nye Beach Historic District, Beach Retreat has great views of the Pacific and access to the beach is right across the street.
Ocean-view duplex in Newport, Oregon. Can be rented as house or two apartments. Fully furnished and equipped for great stay at the beach. Two bedrooms in each apartment, full kitchens, bath, satellite TV. Beach access is across the street. Historic district 2 blocks north. Bay front/fishing harbor a 5 minute drive. Great sunsets, great restaurants nearby, wild water, dramatic Oregon coastline. Great for friends, families, couples. Dogs allowed in lower unit.
Lower unit allows dogs and has full access to fenced back yard. Upper unit has large deck facing over the ocean, while lower unit has covered patio. Only amenities shared are the garbage. Both units have their own laundry facilities.
Interaction with Guests
We are not present during your stay as we live an hour away. Our phone numbers are posted in the event you need to contact us from the beach. Our house cleaner is available for lock-out emergencies, for a fee.
Elizabeth Street was chosen by most of the large hotels because it faces out over the Pacific Ocean. We just happen to be situated between several hotels so we have a great view and easy access to the beach. Just to the north of us is Nye Beach, a quaint historic district with great boutique shopping and small restaurants.
Off-street parking is available at out place and there is room for a boat trailer as well. There is limited bus service in Newport. Most people will need to rent cars to get to the area although there is a bus service from the Willamette Valley known as the Valley Retriever.
1. Dogs are only allowed in the Lower Unit and permission must be requested. For the safety of all guests, please control your animals and clean up after them both inside and out. There is a fenced yard for your use, but be aware the gate does not lock and the yard is open for anybody staying at Beach Retreat. There is a list of “Pet Peeves” in the lower unit. Please read when you arrive! Sorry, no cats.
2. No Smoking inside any unit. If you smoke outside, please crush and dispose of all cigarette butts. If there is a smell of smoke or we have to clean up after you, you will be charged an additional cleaning fee.
3. Check-in is 4:00 PM and check-out is 11:00 AM. These times are strictly enforced during the summer and holidays. They are negotiable only with the stated acknowledgement of the owner.
4. There is no minimum stay, except during holidays and festivals which require a three night stay.
5. Advance payment: A 50% payment is requested for all bookings. This amount will be applied to the balance due and payable 21 days in advance of your arrival.
6. There is an additional $55 cleaning fee added per unit to all reservations regardless of length of stay.
7. Payments of all fees due must be received at least 21 days prior to arrival. If credit card payment has been authorized, you will be billed for any outstanding amount due at this time.
8. Cancellations: Reservations canceled 21 days or more prior to arrival will receive a full refund, less a $25.00 processing fee. Reservations canceled 20 days or less may result in payments being forfeit if unit cannot be re-rented. There are no refunds for unused nights resulting from late arrivals or early departures, except under extraordinary circumstances which will be at the discretion of the owner.
9. A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for each returned check.
10. There are no refunds due to mechanical failure, natural disasters, or weather.
11. Let us know immediately if there is any failure to essential services or a need for repair so we can assist you as best we can. If you do not reach us in person, please leave a full message with your name and a phone number where you can be reached (if it is not the phone in the unit).
12. You will be given a key-code to gain access to the lock box for your unit before your arrival. On entry to the premises you will find multiple keys for your use. Please keep outside doors locked. We cannot be held liable or responsible in any way for loss or damage to your articles or property while staying at Beach Retreat. You will be charged for any keys taken “home”.
13. Lost and found items will be held for 30 days and then may be added to the inventory at Beach Retreat for others to enjoy. If you are aware of having left something during your stay, and we can find it, we will return it for a $5 minimum shipping fee at our earliest convenience.
14. Please abide by any additional ‘rules’ posted in the unit(s). These rules are hereby incorporated into this agreement.
15. Beach Retreat, LLC, reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
16. Violation of any federal or state laws, company policies or house rules are all grounds for immediate eviction without refund.
17. Receipt of your advance payment will secure your reservation. If time is short or you are uncomfortable sending credit card information online, we are more than happy to take a credit card over the phone.
18. We do not take a security deposit; however, any damage above and beyond reasonable wear and tear may be charged to your credit card to cover the losses. We will be in touch with you if it is necessary to charge your card.
19. Any disturbance caused by you or your party that results in the police being called out to the property will incur a fine of $500, chargeable to your credit card. Our property is in a neighborhood of homes and hotels and we pride ourselves as being good neighbors.
II. RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
1. I agree to RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE any entity or individual involved in any way with the ownership, management, control and/or maintenance of the Beach Retreat, LLC, and/or their employees, officers, directors, management, employees, agents (collectively and individually referred to herein as “Releasees”), from all liability to me, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any and all loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death and whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
2. I hereby ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to the negligence of Releasees, and any of them, or otherwise while using or staying at Beach Retreat.
3. I agree to INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost (including but not limited to attorney fees) that they may incur during and/or as a result of any activity of the undersigned while at Beach Retreat, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
4. (When applicable) I am the parent/guardian of a minor child and do hereby give my approval of his/her participation in any and all of the activities at Beach Retreat. I agree to the above terms and conditions for myself and on behalf of the minor.
Staying at the Ocean-view Duplex in Newport was a very pleasant experience. We had easy access to the ocean, nice views, and a cozy space in which to weather-watch. Scottie was very helpful in squaring us away, and the house more than suited our needs. I wish we could have stayed an extra day!
About the Host, Scottie
From urban to rural at 50. More into animals than plants here on the farm. Love lambing season, smell of primeval forests surrounding us, growing our own food. Pretty well traveled before our farm took over our lives!