Spacious one bedroom, one bath, full kitchen, living room, dining area. Mid-Century construction with round wall details, hardwood floors, crown molding, and plastered walls. The house is furnished by all our artist friends from around the world. The apartment is 1 mile from LACMA, Trader Joe's, Ralphs, Whole foods, the Grove shopping center. There are great restaurants all along Beverly blvd that we can recommend, the best taco stand in LA is less than a five minute walk from the apartment. Having a base in the mid-city area makes it easy to get to any part of town without hitting a ton of traffic. Clean towels will be provided; you can use our beach towels if you head to the beach. Wireless Internet is available and a flat screen TV (sorry no cable, but HBO and Netflix are available). A full kitchen – Jack Lalanne juicer, blender, coffee maker, toaster oven- almost anything need to cook meals. Bathroom has a shower and bathtub. There is plenty of street parking in the area. Street cleaning on Monday and Tuesday from noon to three.
My girlfriend and I loved the decor of the apartment. Beautiful art throughout and nice furnishings create a lovely and relaxing ambiance. The owner sent a very detailed and informative email with directions and instructions. Checking in was hassle free via a lock box out front, and the apt was very spacious and stocked with all the essentials necessary. I had asked about a coffee machine beforehand and the host (who was out of town) had his neighbor purchase one and put it in the apartment for us so I really appreciate that. We did have some troubles staying connected to the Wi-Fi, but were able most of the time to watch movies on the very nice smart TV in the bedroom. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
Wonderful location and a cozy stay. Had no problems getting in and the apartment was well equipped !
This was my very first AirBnB experience!!! And now that it's over, I've been kicking myself in the butt asking why I have never done this before?! My friend and I were headed to LA for a weekend girls trip Thurs night- Sun. Our original accommodation plans got changed and we were in need of a place. We emailed a handful of places- I must say bravo to those hosts who respond fast!
Of course as this was my first stay I was a bit nervous about the whole concept- Is someone just gonna steal out money? Is this legit? Are these real photos? Are these people trustworthy? Is the place clean and safe? Tons and tons of questions and scenarios running through my mind!!! But all fears aside were nicely placed at bey when we finally made it there. With that...here are all my key points of Satbir's humble abode...
- Satbir was super honorable. My friend emailed him directly first and then I did separately. And he emailed my friend before confirming with me to make sure she didn't need it. Aww..lol
- Satbir, put us in contact with his neighbor Suhkmani. Cool guy! We were texting throughout the entire trip. Our flight got delayed and he was super accommodating for arrival time, met us up and showed us around. Even our departure flight was delayed and they were super easy and flexible, allowing us to stay a bit later. Easy to get ahold of and even gave us a few recs. We unfortunately couldn't find the popular taco truck :( Next time!
- The place looked exactly like the photos! Clean and all ours for the weekend?! Took us a while for the idea to sink in haha. We loved the decorations, the pieces of art and other items. Was a very peaceful and gave a zen vibe. Full kitchen came in handy, we didn't do much cooking since we ate out a lot tho. TV with netflix and pandora was awesome
- Parking. Not that bad there is street parking and when we couldn't find any directly in front on the same street, we parked across the light and walked over. No biggie. Was a very safe environment.
- My only suggestion would be to maybe work on upgrading the bathroom, in particular the shower/ shower head. The bathroom was super cute and just a good enough size, had a tub and shower. The shower head's pressure wasn't the strongest. Perhaps we didn't adjust it properly. Maybe a new shower head on the horizon.
- Location was awesome! Literally didn't have to use the freeway because everything was about a 15min drive.
Overall, we had a awesome time! It was nice to be a "local" for the weekend. I would definitely recommend this spot and stay again. Thanks!! =)
This is a great second story apartment in a centrally located part of los angeles, looks exactly as described in the pictures. The neighborhood was cute and we had no problem with street parking. Satbir was a great host in that he was easy to communicate with, and even sent some great suggestions on places to eat/things to do in the area.
We had an absolutely fabulous time staying at this beautiful and unique apartment. The layout and location could not have been more perfect for our Los Angeles needs. We had great access to art museums, shopping, downtown, and the beach. The peaceful apartment provided a tranquil respite and was filled with inspiring and exotic art pieces. We took full advantage of the nicely appointed kitchen and were able to make ourselves fully at home in this lovely place. Clean, quiet, soothing, and extremely helpful hosts. Will definitely be staying here again upon our next Los Angeles visit! Highly recommended.
Really a beautiful apartment. We enjoyed the place a lot and admired the special decoration. It was perfect for us to use the kitchen and make out own breakfast. Lovely place!! :-)
Satbir was an extremely easy host - he met us at the apartment, gave us a quick tour, and left us to enjoy what we called our temporary "zen den." The decor was simple but extremely cozy and inviting. Our hosts even thought to provide blankets and towels for the beach, which was the perfect touch!
The location was convenient, the parking was usually pain-free, and we felt at home. I would definitely stay with Satbir again the next time I am in town.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.