About this listing
This beautiful gem of a villa was recently renovated and completely furnished to top standards. The location is ideal -- just outside of Ubud and in the very desirable Sayan area (near the Four Seasons Hotel).
• two stories with a beautiful view and mature tropical garden
• one very large bedroom (queen bed, 180x200) and bath upstairs (rain shower with hot water) -- wrap around windows make it feel like you're sleeping in the treetops :)
• Large open deck, living and dining area downstairs overlooking the garden
• video room downstairs with fold-out spare bed, plus attached bath (shower with hot water)
• flat screen and DVD/CD player (but no satellite TV)
• fully equipped kitchen with stove & oven, large refrigerator/freezer
• a sitting/yoga bale in the garden
• air conditioning in the bedroom and TV room
• fans in all living areas
The house is suitable for a single or couple. I regret we can't accept young children because of the drop from the deck. The price includes daily basic housekeeping service and all utilities. Bedroom and TV room doors are lockable. There is a housekeeper/gardener/security person who lives in the complex. It is a very safe location, in a quiet complex of 4 houses. There is a local laundry nearby and we can help arrange that service. Covered parking. There is a good grocery store on the near outskirts of Ubud, two weekly organic farmers markets, and many excellent restaurants.
July and August are the peak months for visitors to Bali (and Ubud) for good reasons: the weather is gloriously sunny during the day, cool in the evenings, and there is very little rain. During these two months, the MINIMUM BOOKING IS THREE NIGHTS.
I will be happy to arrange airport pick up or drop off with a local driver. Their standard airport transport fee is Rp 300,000 (around US$30) each way.
Traveling with friends? Tropical Colonial Villa (on Airbnb) is located next door -- together they make a great pair!
The house rules are pretty simple:
1. Please treat our home as you would like visitors to treat yours.
2. Smoking is not permitted.
3. Quiet hours from 10pm to 6am are strictly enforced -- we like our neighbors.
About the Host, Jackie
I came to Indonesia over 20 years ago on a 1-year contract with 2 suitcases, and have been here ever since. I work with rural communities to help them develop better livelihoods. And I'm incredibly lucky to base myself in one of the world's most beautiful places.