Spacious, quiet, and fully furnished room invites you to sleep in when you ought to be out enjoying the city! Shared kitchen, bathrooms, living room with wood-burning fireplace, and a fantastic patio, yard, and garden with a big dining deck overlooking it all.
The room: "Quiet Comfort" has a great Sealy Posturepedic full-sized (double) bed, desk, file cabinet, small refrigerator, small chest of drawers, armoire with hanging space and drawers, a small closet, deep built-in shelves, nightstands, lamps, a ceiling fan, and a radio alarm clock.
The house: Our large-ish Tudor home has hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace in the living room, and a Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer in basement (limited hours as shared with basement apartment tenants).
The location: Fantastic, we are located:
* 2 blocks to Washington National Cathedral;
* 1 to 3 blocks to four bus stops;
* 1.3 miles to the Woodley Park/Zoo metro stop (red line);
* 1.5 miles or 8-10 minutes by bus to the Tenleytown/AU metro stop (red line);
* One mile walk to Georgetown University;
* One mile walk to American University;
* 10 minute bus to DuPont Circle;
* About 20 minute bus to George Washington University, Foggy Bottom, World Bank, IMF, State Department, and Johns Hopkins SAIS.
Enjoy our cats, aquarium, board games, ping-pong, dartboard, and basketball hoop in the driveway. While we do not own any dogs, we do occasionally keep dogs when their owners are out of town. No smoking on the property. Parking permit for unlimited street parking is available for $15/day.
* Laundry room access is limited to the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., with hours subject to change (changes will be posted onsite.)
* No smoking on the property, including the deck and patio. Please do not discard cigarette butts on the sidewalk or lawn of our home or our neighbors.
* Check-in 3:00 p.m. or later, check-out by 11:00 a.m. unless other arrangements are made. Please let us know in advance of your estimated arrival time.
* Visitors (who are not registered guests) are limited to the first floor of the house; only registered guests are allowed on the upper floors.
* You are welcome to come and go at whatever hours suit you, but to make a quieter entry late at night or departure early in the morning, please remove your shoes...our hardwood floors can be noisy!
* Please note that you will be responsible for any damages and losses to our home and property that are caused by acts or omissions of yourself and your invitees. You will be required to pay me for any such losses. (Airbnb requires hosts to give guests this notice in order for the host to be protected by the Airbnb Host Guarantee.)
Teresa and Reid are excellent hosts. They make you feel very welcome the minute they walk in the door. "Quiet Comfort" had everything I needed: strong Wi-Fi connection, nice desk space, a mini-fridge, a comfortable bed, several outlets, closet space, etc. Teresa and Reid also let you use much of the rest of the house to lounge around and feel at home. Highly recommended!
Teresa and Reid were wonderful hosts! They are kind, welcoming and knowledgeable about the area. It is a nice quiet location in lovely Glover Park. It is a large historic house with a great patio. The room is just as pictured and met my expectation, plenty of space, hanging room, comfortable bed, desk and quality wifi. Shared bathroom one floor down. I would definitely stay again!
Quiet neighborhood. Room was as advertised. Very gracious and welcoming hosts. 10-15min walk to Russian embassy. Easy access to bus lines. Highly recommended.
Teresa and Reid are warm and generous hosts, easy to talk to and very welcoming. They even invited me to join the neighborhood pot-luck they hosted for Canada Day! The accommodations are exactly as described, and very comfortable, private, and quiet. The bedroom is on the third floor and the shared bath is on the second, but the bathroom was almost never occupied. Lovely back garden and deck for sitting outside. Good shops and cafes are within walking distance, and easy bus service that runs frequently to Georgetown, Dupont Circle, and the subway station.
Very nice clean and quiet...Has a window so that you can enjoy the fresh air. Bed is cozy, even though I only got 30 minutes of rest, because I had an early flight out. Would stay here again!
We rented a room in a private house and we had a fantastic experience. The hosts Teresa and Reid were very welcoming and helpfull. The house is located in a beautifull, residential neighbourhood.
This host has 411 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a somewhat gregarious middle-aged PhD/JD Nebraska native, mother of a teenager, working at home after many years in the House of Representatives, the Senate, the Clinton Administration, and running a nonprofit organization. Reid, my Canadian husband, and I enjoy sharing our home with people from all over the world.