About this listing
Spacious, quiet, and fully furnished room invites you to sleep in when you ought to be out enjoying the city! Shared kitchen, bathrooms, living room with wood-burning fireplace, and a fantastic patio, yard, and garden with a big dining deck overlooking it all.
The room: "Quiet Comfort" has a great Sealy Posturepedic full-sized (double) bed, desk, file cabinet, small refrigerator, small chest of drawers, armoire with hanging space and drawers, a small closet, deep built-in shelves, nightstands, lamps, a ceiling fan, and a radio alarm clock.
The house: Our large-ish Tudor home has hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace in the living room, and a Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer in basement (limited hours as shared with basement apartment tenants).
The location: Fantastic, we are located:
* 2 blocks to Washington National Cathedral;
* 1 to 3 blocks to four bus stops;
* 1.3 miles to the Woodley Park/Zoo metro stop (red line);
* 1.5 miles or 8-10 minutes by bus to the Tenleytown/AU metro stop (red line);
* One mile walk to Georgetown University;
* One mile walk to American University;
* 10 minute bus to DuPont Circle;
* About 20 minute bus to George Washington University, Foggy Bottom, World Bank, IMF, State Department, and Johns Hopkins SAIS.
Enjoy our cats, aquarium, board games, ping-pong, dartboard, and basketball hoop in the driveway. While we do not own any dogs, we do occasionally keep dogs when their owners are out of town. No smoking on the property. Parking permit for unlimited street parking is available for $15/day.
* Laundry room access is limited to the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., with hours subject to change (changes will be posted onsite.)
* No smoking on the property, including the deck and patio. Please do not discard cigarette butts on the sidewalk or lawn of our home or our neighbors.
* Check-in between 3:00 p.m. and 10:00 PM, check-out by 11:00 a.m. unless other arrangements are made. Please let us know in advance of your estimated arrival time.
* Visitors (who are not registered guests) are limited to the first floor of the house; only registered guests are allowed on the upper floors.
* You are welcome to come and go at whatever hours suit you, but to make a quieter entry late at night or departure early in the morning, please remove your shoes...our hardwood floors can be noisy!
* Please note that you will be responsible for any damages and losses to our home and property that are caused by acts or omissions of yourself and your invitees. You will be required to pay me for any such losses. (Airbnb requires hosts to give guests this notice in order for the host to be protected by the Airbnb Host Guarantee.)
About the Host, Teresa
I am a somewhat gregarious middle-aged PhD/JD Nebraska native, mother of a teenager, working at home after many years in the House of Representatives, the Senate, the Clinton Administration, and running a nonprofit organization. Reid, my Canadian husband, and I enjoy sharing our home with people from all over the world.