About this listing
Lack of tourists, no rush, never too busy and this place all to yourself. This is what we call holiday. Enjoy!
In Jasri, a small village, on the east side of Bali close to the city Amlapura, we rent out our Balinese type cottage, furnished to western standards. You will have a splendid view on a fancy moored garden and also on the impressive Gunung Agung, with it's 3150m it earns the title of the highest mountain of Bali.
The cottage is situated in a resort which exists of several other holiday bungalows, all mostly owned by Dutch families. The resort is only a 100 meters away from the beach.
The cottage has:
- WIFI (mobile WIFI)
- complete furniture
- 2 bedrooms for max. 4 persons
- comfortable box spring beds European size
- 1 bathroom
- electric boiler for warm water
- kitchen + kitchen appliances (fully equipped)
- air conditioning in all bedrooms
- ceiling fan in all rooms
- TV and DVD
- terrace with terrace furniture
- nicely moored garden with Jacuzzi (hot water) and shower
Enough to experience 'Eat, Pray, Love'.
We call our Jacuzzi the Jacuzzi, but it is actually a plunge pool in which hot water is added for a nice temperature of the water. The pool is provided with a whirlpool function. Bubbles for everyone! When we have guests the pool is cleaned and maintained by our gardener daily. Next to the pool there is a shower to rinse off the sweat, (sea) sand or any dirt before you go into the water.
The bedrooms have air conditioning and a ceiling fan. There is a bathroom present with an European style toilet, wash-hand basin and shower (hot and cold water). Each day our maid keeps the house clean and organized for you!
For an extra fee our maid will cook amazing local food for lunch and/or dinner.
The beach is nearby, however, mainly used by locals for their ceremonies. This is amazing event for photographic opportunities! The nearest beach for snorkeling and swimming is Pasir Putih, 15 minutes drive. The locals can give you directions. Or you can ask for our driver to take you there. If you prefer diving, ask our driver and he will take you for a day trip to Amed. This is a scenery trip where you can see Bali's famous and most beautiful rice fields.
You can make use of all kitchen appliances and tv, dvd.
We do have a washer. If you want your laundry done, ask Koman. She has access to the washer.
In the main bedroom is a locker for your personal and valuable belongings. It fits an ipad/tablet, but not a laptop.
Interaction with guests
You will have the house all for yourself during your stay. That is why I cannot greet you in person. I will be at home in The Netherlands. Thanks to mobile phones and internet, you can reach me anytime. Our Nyoman, the house manager, will be your local contact. You will receive the contact numbers of staff during your stay.
The people of the village have their ceremonies on the beach.
There is a chocolate plantation nearby (walking distance) with a shop. Do visit them and ask the locals for direction.
Ask our staff or Anom and or Komang Wisna (our designated drivers) for activities in the neighborhood. Have you ever considered a walking tour on the sawa's (rice fields)?
If you need transportation, we recommend the following options:
- day trips, we have a pool of designated drivers with MPV's/passenger van including airconditioning. Negotiate a price before the trip. The drivers have excellent knowledge of the area and speak English
- White Sandy Beach (Pasir Putih)/Karangasem/Amlapura/Amed/Candidasa/Ujung Water Palace: take the public bus. These are orange vans which can take up to 10 people. You stop them on the street, ask for the price and then hop on. For a small extra fee they drive you to the house!
- Go cycling! Karangasem area is quite a flat county just like the Netherlands. Bring your bike! Or rent a bike.
- Go hiking! It is beautiful out there. Especially early in the morning and watch the fishermen returning to the beach. Take a hiking trip through the sawa's (rice fields) or take the d-tour to the Pasir Putih beach.
- Spa/wellness? Ask our house maid to call for a massage, pedicure and/or manicure. This is done on the verandah. For wellness, get into the plunge pool and turn the hot water jacuzzi on. Life is good, don't you think?
Other things to note
In this climate in Bali you will get an invasion of ants in the house when you spill food or beverages without cleaning up after.
Just be nice and friendly to the people. Treat your house as if it was yours.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
My parents, brother and I own this beautiful place in Jasri. We built this house more than 10 years ago and recently renovated. We are Dutch and live in the Netherlands. We travel occasionally to Bali, especially my parents who are both retired and have time to spent their holidays in Jasri.
As retired employees of a Dutch airline we are used to travel and see the world.
When we are not at our house in Bali the house is available for guests from Airbnb. With this we can provide an extra income for our local house staff.
We hope to welcome you as our guest soon! Enjoy your holiday on Bali.