About this listing
Go with the flow and experience the wonderful people and healing of the peaceful, yet active "Circus." A house where a hostel meets motel meets a home meets something unlike any of those things.
This listing will put you in the sunshine room.
Room 2: "The Sunshine Room". upstairs, includes a twin bed, twin futon, desk, chair, and chair. Shared bath.
The room is located within a five bedroom, two bathroom house in Historic Hyde Park in the heart of thrilling! Kansas City, Missouri.
This house is called 'The Circus' because it's always been famous all the coming and going that happens around here. It's active, but also peaceful.
The home has also been called a sanctuary for those seeking a pace that differs from the 'outside' world. Guests have access to all of the comfort and luxuries of a modern American home, such as a kitchen, porch swing, garden, trampoline, and a real life fireplace.
The location is within five to twelve minutes driving of Westport, KC Convention Center, the Plaza, downtown, Brookside, 39th street, and many more! About 25 minutes from the airport! Super Shuttle your bum here for $22 bucks. Uber is also available. An easy Bus access, reference intersection 39th and Troost.
Living Room, Sitting Room, Kitchen, Front Porch, Back Porch, Yard, Meditation Studio (if available), basement/laundry, house pets!
Interaction with Guests
You become one of the house when staying here. I'll often be around, doing many various things around the house. I'm available for chats.. or if you're interested in an intuitive healing, let me know!
(mostly) Quiet streets with big beautiful trees.
Like any city, Kansas City can be dangerous, although I find the neighborhood to be comfortable, be aware of the block to block nature, and lock your cars.
Easy access to the Troost and 39th street bus lines.
About 25 minutes driving from airport. Super Shuttle is a great company to use if you're not renting a car.
About 8 minutes from the the Union station (trains).
About 15 minutes from the MEGABUS Station.
About 10 minutes from the greyhound system.
Other Things to Note
Who to expect at residence:
Hailey (me): if I'm not traveling, I'll be there.
Maria: long termer a lovely, social, caring woman (currently in room 0)
Batu: long termer from Turkey, into sports (currently in room 3)
Lucy: the house cat, indoor/outdoor, loves guest rooms.
Sophie: a really old, adorable miniature dachshund, loves to bark upon guest arrival. (only when I'm there)
Other airbnb guests: of all shapes and sizes, as there are four guest rooms.
Incense and sage are common smells about the house.
- Be mindful of others & respectful to the space.
- Read the House Announcements on fridge for Circus news/clarity!
- Lock the front/back door when you come & go.
- Smoking can happen outside, but never inside.
- No guests unknown to your host. Pre-approve the strangers!
- Honor the full-time tenants and others guests!
- Quiet hours between 10:00pm - 10:00am(ish).
- Clean up after yourself in communal/common areas.(Includes kitchen, bath, living rooms, porch, yard, basement, etc.)
- Recycle and Compost. See instructions also on fridge!
- When not in use— turn off lights, fans, etc. Save energy!
- No illegal downloading. (It's against my (website hidden) fiber contract)
- Food Rule: NO NAME, FAIR GAME
- Label your food with name/sticker: unlabeled = SHARED FOOD!!!
- Date your to-go boxes: undated = subject to disposal.
- It is preferred that you don't store food in your room.
- Feel free to be playful &/ peaceful— you can always leave little encouraging notes or small delightful surprises for others.
- If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. :0)