About this listing
This tranquil 2 bedroom top floor condo has expansive views of the surrounding mountains. This condo is conveniently located in North Lake Tahoe at Truckee, CA and in the world class Tahoe Donner recreational living development which includes an award winning golf course, miles of multi-use trails and much more. It is steps away from resort like facilities including hot tub, sauna, clubhouse and so on. It is also near other popular resorts such as Northstar, Squaw & Alpine.
This peaceful condo is a great springboard to explore the Tahoe area. The condo is a few steps from the downhill ski area, which is perfect for kids/families. The condo is just a few minutes walk to the common area clubhouse, pool and hot tub, and a few minutes drive to Tahoe Donner mountain biking (can bike directly to mountain bike trails), cross country skiing, horseback riding, tennis, playgrounds, Lodge Restaurants and spa/gym. The boating area at Donner Lake is also nearby, along with big ski resorts like Squaw, Northstar and Alpine Meadows. It has easy access to year-round activities including 2 award winning golf courses, snowshoeing and sledding just couple of miles down the road and along Northwoods Blvd. A large supermarket, variety of restaurants, pharmacy and other conveniences, as well as Historic downtown Truckee, are just a 15 minute drive from the condo.
Sleeps 4 people comfortably with a queen size bed in the master bedroom and two bunk beds in the second bedroom. The living room has vaulted ceilings and great views of the surrounding mountains and comes equipped with a wood burning fireplace.
There is a well-equipped kitchen with full oven, microwave, coffee machine, toaster, cooking utensils and basic condiments. The full bathroom is equipped essentials including a hairdryer, and a washer dryer. There is also a nice 40'' flat screen TV with a "smart' Blue-ray player and Netflix streaming TV (no cable). The master bedroom has a heated mattress, ideal for cold days along with extra space heaters in addition to usual heating.
Within the Ski Bowl Condo complex, a short walk away, are amenities like spa (great for relaxing after a day of skiing), sauna, small gym and clubhouse (with pool table, fooseball etc.). The guest pass (included) gives you full access to all these amenities for free. Tahoe Donner amenities, like the spa/Trout Creek gym etc, are fee based.
Interaction with Guests
Guests have the entire condo to themselves. There are two security cameras on the outside: one monitors the front door and the other monitors the patio door.
This is part of the larger Tahoe Donner development which includes access to seasonal golf, tennis, private beach on Donner Lake, lake water sports, horseback riding and multi-use trails. Shopping and dining is available in historic downtown Truckee, just 6 miles down the hill from the condo.
Public transit is not convenient. A car is generally necessary to get around in a reasonable time.
Other Things to Note
Be prepared for cold weather during winter and a range of temperatures in spring and autumn. It is a good idea to always have a flashlight and a shovel in the car. I-80 frequently has snow chain control, so you need to either have snow chains or a 4 wheel drive.
1) No smoking of any kind, anywhere in the unit, outside on the deck, and at condo complex common areas and amenities.
2) No animals or pets.
3) Don't leave any water standing on the kitchen or bathroom countertops.
4) Quiet time at night from 10pm to 8 am as per condo association rules. Any complaints by neighbors about rowdy behavior will be investigated and reported.
5) Please take off your shoes in the "mud room" (the enclosed front porch)- shoes off policy provides a clean, comfortable environment for all our guests.
6) No more than 4 people staying in the unit.
7) Sledding is not permitted on any of the condo paths or areas. Please go to the approved areas like the downhill ski area next to the condo or the Trout Creek Center 1-2 miles away.
8) Do not turn off breakers, unplug wires to the TV or the internet power/router.
9) Follow winter freeze protection rules in the unit when it is cold outside.
10) Wash pots, pans and dishes/utensils you use- housekeepers do not wash dishes.
Booking is your agreement to house and condo association rules in the house manual and in the condo, covering how to access and leave the unit.
We love outdoor activities like skiing, hiking (and backpacking) and biking. We love using AirBnB as it allows us to experience the real destination instead of merely being in a hotel. It is also convenient as we have a 1 year old son.