About This Listing
1 bdrm, 1 bath 500 sq ft beach rental w/ kitchen. Propane grill. Large, covered, private patio. Private drive way. Short walk to the beach, restaurants & pubs! Golf cart taxis will take you anywhere on the island for $3.
Kitchen includes, stove, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, all dishes, pots, pans, utensils, espresso machine and much more
1 bdrm, 1 bath, 500 sqft beach rental w/ kitchen. Propane grill. Large, covered, private patio. Private drive way. Short walk to the beach, restaurants & pubs! Golf cart taxis will take you anywhere on the island for $3.
Tybee Island is a funky, colorful, little island. Our bungalow is on the quiet side of the island, so beach access is less crowded. Not only does the island have several beach access points, it also has many attractions such as: Dolfin tours, kayak and jet ski rentals, bike paths, etc.
Jaycee Park is a 5 minute walk. Park has scenic streams with turtles, basketball court, softball, playground, picnic tables and grills. Beautiful live oak trees and a peaceful walking/bike path. Never a boring day on Tybee!
- CAPACITY: 2 Occupancy
- PRIVATE DRIVE WAY: 1 car
- KITCHEN: mini fridge, stove, microwave, toaster oven, blender, coffee maker. All dishes, utensils included.
- LINENS: Rental contains basic bed and bath linens. If you need extra linen, plan to bring them.
- ENTERTAINMENT: 24" flat screen TV, DVD, WIFI, Basic Cable, Frisbee, UNO, cards, Chess.
- SUNROOM / FOYER : dining table for 2 and window-bench
- LARGE COVERED PATIO: beautiful string-lighting, table for 2, lounge area with extra seats, grill
- PROXIMITY: 7-10 minute walking distance to: Huca-poos, Gastro Pub,, Northbeach Grill, gas station, and the Quarter Bar & Grill. 5 minute walk to Jaycee park. 10 minute walk to beach.
Occupancy is designed for 2 guests. Children are welcome at no additional cost, however, guests must provide their own linens and bedding (blankets, crib, etc.). As long as you are aware it will be a bit cramped you are more than welcome to bring your "little guests" along.
Interaction with Guests
We will respond right away, especially if you text or call.
This neighborhood is on the quiet side of the island known as the North side. It is only 1 mile from the main drag "Tybrsia Street", the peir, restaurants, pubs. Remember, the North side also has its lure, in that the beaches are generally less crowded.
You can practically walk anywhere on Tybee, but other options are renting bikes (there are bike rentals right down the street), renting a golf cart, or just taking the golf cart taxis.
Parking Hints and Tips: Pay-for-parking is almost everywhere (you private driveway is free of course). Remember, your parking slip can move w/ you around the island.
Downtown Savannah is less than a 20 minute drive. Guests should spend at least one day in the historic district enjoying river street and all the attractions.
Tybee also has a shuttle that will bring you back and forth between downtown Savannah and Tybee. The shuttle departs from the Savannah Visitor Center. The cost is $5 per person each way. The operating times are Friday, Saturday & Sunday, departing at 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 5pm. (Last daily trip is return service departing from Tybee only).
If you need more details, take a peek at the Savannah Visitor Website. Also, I suggest calling a day or two ahead just to ensure the Shuttle is going to be there when you arrive because sometimes they change their hours depending on the season.
Other Things to Note
Tybee can serve all your basic needs: Grocery, Post Office, Pharmacy, Gym, Hair Salon, Charter School, Dental, Urgent Care, over 30+ restaurant and pubs, as well as several churches of denominations.
In addition to cable, and wifi internet, we also have provided 20+ dvds in case guests feel like staying in and relaxing.
Please treat our place with respect and kindness
No smoking inside. Ashtrays are provided outside. No pets.
Wonderful stay. House was exactly as described. The bungalow was clean and cute and lovely. Binder of activities and information was also very helpful. Gina made she we knew she was available if we had any issues but there were none. Would definitely recommend!
My husband and I stayed at Gina's cute and quirky apartment for our 4 night honeymoon. We were welcomed with a wedding gift, awesome Typee mugs:) The apartment was freshly cleaned and smelled great. The covered porch with grill made a perfect solution for our first and only day of rain. The neighborhood was small and quiet, and the apartment was very private. It was exactly how Gina described it. The apartment was equipt with everything we needed including beach chairs and towels, games, DVDs, a complete binder of things to do and restaurant menus:) We will definitely recommend Gina's place to friends and look forward to staying there again on our next visit back to Tybee!
We had a fantastic stay. Gina was great and the bungalow was everything we could have wanted. Gina even left a nice present for us that was unexpected and very kind. She was easy to communicate with and was so very accommodating. I only wish we would have had more time to stay!
This place was a great stay and we would definitely stay again. The outdoor patio was an awesome addition to the bungalow. She left us a cute gift which was greatly appreciated. We both would highly recommend. The neighborhood was perfect and quiet and a short walk to the beach. Place was very clean and Gina was very attentive to our questions.
"Cute & Quirky" describes this happy little abode perfectly, an efficient accommodation ready-made for the carefree and relaxing Tybee lifestyle. Located on a quiet and leafy residential street, it provides a private and tropical feel even as access to Tybee's more public pleasures are within easy walking distance—with the North Beach area in one direction and the local Margaritaville pub, Huc-a-Poos, in the other. Our hosts were well informed on local attractions both in Tybee and Savannah. I think we checked out every one they mentioned and were the better for it. We very much enjoyed our stay in a place that grows on you the more you get to know it.
This vacation rental could have been listed as cut and quirky but for now it is just a make-shift bunker in need of renovation and repair, situated under the owner's house.
We did not find the listing or prior reviews to address any of the following issues we encountered:
1. On arrival, the pathway from our parking spot to the front door was a major trip hazard of exposed tree roots and uneven ground covered with leaves. The front door lock is sadly worn and does not work properly, a relic from its previous life as a foreclosure. It cannot be locked from inside.
2. The private patio is only accessible through the front door navigating numerous trip hazards. It consists of two cracked up, uneven slabs of deteriorating cement sitting directly under noises of the owner's living quarters. Plug in outdoor lighting is haphazardly wrapped around a wooden truss and has frayed wires. We did not use the gas grill supplied because of the inconvenience of transporting anything to the patio with the annoying trip hazards.
3. The kitchen needs a new stovetop, as the controls are worn off, unreadable and is not working properly. The student size refrigerator needed prior defrosting, as ice was caked all around the ice box.
Inadequate cooking supplies-only two worn and filthy frying pans were provided, along with a giant pot. I had to purchase a pan and spatula in order to cook anything.
4. The bed is an odd size, possibly a double, but deceivingly short. I was amazed that my feet could hang over the edge, as I am only 5' 2" tall.
5. Bathroom: No ventilation nor windows in this very cramped space. Only one set of towels were provided for our week. They were old, worn and unsuitable for paying guests. No bath amenities provided.
6. The actual access to the beach is through wooded private property with "No Trespassing" posted, down two blocks, through a large parking lot and down a long wooden walkway to the sand. Not an easy walk if you are carrying beach gear.
*** Our major problem with this rental is that the owner saturated this 500 sq. ft. space with aerosol disinfectant to a toxic level. The carpet, bedding, bath towels and kitchen reeked upon arrival. Although we opened windows and removed the plugin air freshener, the air was sickening and tainted the space for days. Not suitable for this contact lens wearer.
The owner's strict policy would not allow for refund, as we wanted to leave the morning after our arrival. We did leave before our week was up, forfeiting the balance. On departure, Greg cheerfully reimbursed a cleaning fee of $39., with a smile on his face and wearing a sport shirt with the team name "DIRT BAGS".
Our concerns were met with excuses and lack of concern. We would not recommend this rental.
About the Host, Gina
My name is Gina and I am from California. My husband Greg is from Baltimore, Maryland. I am a children's therapist and my husband is a middle school teacher. We manage the rental together. I moved to Savannah GA, (Tybee Island) 8 years ago for college. I ended up meeting my husband, fell in love... and the island of course! Tybee Island is perfect for fishing, kayaking and just hanging out at the beach,pubs and restaurants. I enjoy living near the marsh and beach. Plus downtown Savannah (historic district) is only a 20 minute drive. We are happy to share this sweet little place with you. It is so cute and fun. Also, since we live on the island we can take care of any last minute needs quickly. For example, if you have any special requests (like needing tools, a sewing kit, extra linens, tooth brush, etc). We can always drop things off at your doorstep. I'm quick with response time, especially if you text me.
The famous lighthouse. Beautiful to see and tour. You can climb the tower and catch a beautiful view of the ocean.Meddin Dr Tybee Island GA 31328
Short walk from cottage, great fish tacos and large selection of beer. Music, and great location next to Lighthouse and directly on the beach.Meddin Dr Tybee Island GA 31328
Short 5 min walk from the rental. Our local dive bar. Catch the locals. Amazing quarter burger! Great prices on beer, drinks and food. Pool tables and darts.1st St Tybee Island GA 31328
HUC-A-POOs is our favorite restaurant/pub. Only a five minute walk from the house. Great prices, delicious pizza, great selection of beer/cocktails and live entertainment most nights. Family friendlyUS-80 Tybee Island GA 31328