About this listing
Are you ready to go on vacation at Playa Del Carmen where all your needs will be met? Sun, sea, white sand, discovery of the ancient and 2012 Mayan Civilization and of course the peaceful area of TOHOKU INTERIOR where is located or our charming penthouse.
We are pleased to provide you with more information:
It is located in a private and gated area called TOHOKU INTERIOR (with security guards at the entry and a lovely green park in the inside) where 38th street and 25th Avenue met. Walk the 38th street and you will arrive directly to one of the most beautiful beach of the area known as Shangri-La after crossing the livly 5th avenue and passing by the famous restaurant "La Cueva Del Chango" opened all day long .
What makes our rental special is the outside part of the penthouse that is TOTALLY PRIVATE and you can enjoy BBQ and or refreshing into the small pool area without having to share it!
Just in front of TOHOKU (38th street and 30th avenue) are located all the convenient stores so that you don't need any car to stay with us. Everything can be done within walking distance.
If you want to rent a car, we have a private parking space just in front of the penthouse.
The exact adress is:
Av. 25Nte, MZA 98 TOHOKU INTERIOR
Circuito Andres Quintana Roo
Playa Del Carmen, 77710
Feel free to contact us to answer all of your questions.
Helene and Victor
No pets and no smoking INSIDE the unit (smokimg outside part - lounge area swimming pool - is authorised.)
AC nand lights needs to be turned off when living the penthouse
Helene and Victor were amazing hosts. The place is exactly as in pictures. They were really welcoming and helpful. Very close to the touristic attractions and in a very nice gated community. Highly recommended to anyone planning on visiting Playa del Carmen.
Nice apartment and nice area! We had a bit of a problem with hot water and the gas but the owners quickly fixed that! Would recommend anyone to stay here!!
Helene and Victor are the best hosts! The charming penthouse is exactly that and more! The location is in an up and coming trendy area close to popular 5th Avenue and far enough to feel like you are a local. There's an OXXO a block away for quick snacks and sundries. If you're active, Playa del Carmen is a very walkable city and if not, there are tons of taxis and colectivos to wisk you around. Helen and Victor provide you with a map of the city and a list of recommended places to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as nightlife activities. The penthouse has everything you need, including beach chairs, beach towels, and a beach umbrella! Wifi worked great and there's cable TV. The AC worked great to get out of the heat. This was my very first AirBnB experience and I'm glad it was here. I would not hesitate to stay here again. And Thank You Victor for giving me a ride to the ADO terminal after I checked out!
Beware of the rude hosts.
A nice and equipped place with a good location but a real pain for three reasons: Violations of privacy, lack of flexibility, fake reviews.
1. Violations of Privacy
- Every day someone comes into the property to clean outside in the terrace, the time is not scheduled so you have to be aware to close the curtains lest you are spied on.
- Before booking we asked a million times if we would be 100% private with no interruptions, they said yes but lied because every day there was an interruption.
- We weren't greeted after we arrived and there was no response for two days after we let them know we were settled in, then a man shows up out of nowhere in the morning to clean the pool, turns out it was the owner who was extremely rude and went as far as calling me "papito" (pretty boy) in an insulting way after storming off after I questioned who he was.
- The cooking gas ran out after three days, more privacy intrusions this time in the apartment to replenish it. Overall rudeness prevailed.
2. Lack of Flexibility
- We asked before arriving if we could check out at 3 the last day (as opposed to the 11am condition) and the answer was "we will see on that day, and if it's even possible you will have to pay extra". How can someone plan their trip with that answer? We left at 10am.
- When you arrive there are at least 5 pieces of paper with rules and conditions, a contract and other materials from "home away from home" (an airbnb competitor) that make you feel very constrained and gives the hosts an excuse to nail you for something in the end if they want to.
3. Fake reviews
- Notice how the following reviews on the listing all have similar descriptions and when you click through to see their profiles they only have 1 review on AirBnB and it's this property, make up your own mind but to us the pattern was clear, we made the mistake of not checking beforehand (won't make it again on AirBnB)
- Micca, Silvia, Maxime, Sophie, Alexandre, Alvaro, Scott,
My advice is if you can put up with rude hosts that have no communication skills, breaches of privacy and uncertainty, then this is a great option because it is small but well equipped, has a nice outdoor area and is max 10 minutes walking from the main avenue.
Good luck and also beware of the taxi mafia in Playa del Carmen.
Private, convenient, spacious and relaxing. You will not find a better option at this price. In fact, you're unlikely to find a place like this--perfect privacy, with a HUGE private outdoor area--even for a much higher price.
The hosts were very responsive. The unit was pristine. The kitchen had everything you needed to cook. The bed was 10x more comfortable than a typical airbnb mattress.
The location was perfect. Leave the area, and turn right: you're at the main tourist draft in 10 minutes, and at the beach in 10. Turn left, and you head towards the distinctly non-touristy area ("real" Mexico) with typical grocery stores, small markets, etc. The unit is on the third floor in a community of gorgeous homes. The small community is adorable and quaint, with families spending time in the small park, children playing football, etc. All behind a (light and unobtrusive) security gate, so travelers with safety concerns should feel secure.
If you don't like large resorts, and you can generally take care of yourself while traveling, you will not be disappointed. Very highly recommended.
Helene and Victor's private penthouse was great. Upon our early 8am arrival (which she was flexible about), my boyfriend and I were greeted by Helene and she gave us a tour of the penthouse. She provided us with maps around the area and 2 large gallons of water. She and Victor always made sure we were fully stocked with bath linens and ensured us that their door is always open if we needed to reach them (they live downstairs -- separate from the penthouse).
The location is great for those who want to be quietly away from the tourist trap but still in walking distance to 5th Ave. It's about a 10 min walk straight down 38th calle to hit the beach (less populated) and the restaurants around the area were much better than the ones near the lower numbered streets. My bf and I did a lot of walking towards 5th ave to find places to eat and wander around (all the way to the end) and just took a cab back home when we were feeling tired (about 90 pesos). There is a grocery store about 5 mins away (Soriana's) which is more accessible than walking to the more well-known tourists stores such as Mega and Walmart.
The only downside I could think of was the shower temperature -- it never maintained its temperature and would mostly either be really hot or really cold. Not sure if this is fixable -- but we survived with it. Kitchen was fully stocked with plates, utensils, pans and a refrigerator. Coolers, beach blankets, umbrellas, and ironing + board were available as well. Wi-fi connection was excellent.
Overall, Helene and Victor were great hosts. They respected our privacy but always made themselves available at a short notice. Next time we come back to Playa, we will definitely stay with them again.
Victor was very nice and helpful. The penthouse was great for us. Very clean and organized. Good Location. Lots of privacy. We had a wonderful honeymoon. Would definetly come back.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Helene
My husband Victor and I, both independent tour guides inside archeological sites of the Mayan Riviera, are eager to host you at our Charming Penthouse. We live ground floor and our heart and front door is always opened to answers any questions you have. We have been receiving guests for more than 3 years now and the peacfull smile and the relax check hand at the end of your vacation encouage us to keep doing it...