Relax in our laid back mellow beach bungalow and bask in
the coastal warmth, 400 yards from West Cliff beaches.
Walk to cafes, stores, winery, bus stop.
Our gentle Vizsla dog is full of love.
Your own attached private bathroom.
Sunny cluttered but clean cozy home with character and warmth.
Location! Location! Location!
This is the ideal place if you want to relax on the beach and go for leisurely walks on West Cliff Drive. ("The best promenade in the whole wide world"). Energetic people can go jogging, biking, or even surfing. Downtown and the Boardwalk are close by.
Kids over 10 are ok.
(The pictures were taken by an airbnb professional photographer with a wide angle lens.)
Top 10 things to do in Santa Cruz.
10. Stay in our airbnb
9. Pogonip - walk in a cathedral of Redwoods
8. Cowell's beach (main beach)
7. Check out the surfing at streamer lane, pleasure point
6. Hike or bike in Wilder ranch State Park
5. Check out the local color on Pacific Avenue (downtown)
4. Lunch on the wharf and see the sea lions
3. Rides on the Boardwalk
2. Walk on West Cliff and check out the people and dogs
1. Relax on the beach with a good book.
Overrated (not recommended)
1. Mystery spot (never been there)
2. University (UCSC) " the most beautiful campus in USA"
3. Drive around (you can't smell the ocean from a car)
4. Fast food (yuck !)
5. Walmart, KFC (there are none in Santa Cruz)
1. Watch dolphins, otters, whales, sea birds
2. Go surfing ( or boogie boarding)
3. Ride a train to roaring camp railroads.
4. Bike rides
5. Natural bridges state beach (tide pools)
6. Monarch Butterfly grove (seasonal)
7. A good Tacquiera
8. Help out our homeless community ( 1 $ will do)
9. Farmers markets
10. The Unbearable Lightness of Being (thanks Milan Kundera)
Share kitchen, yard, and living room.
Breakfast menu - self service - i.e. make it yourself
1. Orange Juice (not freshly squeezed).
2. Toast with organic butter and Seville marmalade, blueberry jam, or honey.
3. Organic eggs ( scrambled, fried, omelet, boiled)
4. Raisin bran cereal with 2% milk.
5. Guatemalan coffee (freshly ground)
6. Lipton tea, earl grey tea, herb teas
7 Bananas and seasonal fruit.
French toast on request on weekends.
"Mi casa es su casa."
Local bus stop is a block away.
Prad was a fantastic host; we couldn't have been happier with our experience at his home. He was hospitable and generous beyond what we expected as well as a fascinating person to talk with. The house is very conveniently located next to a bus line, the ocean, a great grocery store, cafe, restaurants and brew pub. And Emma, his dog, is very pleasant and nice to have around. I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking to stay in Santa Cruz!
Prad was a wonderful host. He is a wise man and gave good advice during my stay. I used his advice to find a place to live in the area.
Prad was a very nice host. It was very pleasant talking to him, he gave a lot of advices and shared all his food and wine with us :)
The room is small but has its own bathroom. The area is about a twenty minutes walk away from the main beach and the city center, but the walk is really amazing since it goes all along the beautiful coast.
Prad and his son were very nice. He was helpful and gave us many advices.
Prad is a very kind host, very helpful and nice to talk to. His place is in walking distance to beautiful beaches and he gives you plenty of good advise what to do in and around Santa Cruz.
Prad was a really generous and welcoming host, much above the average airbnb host. He's genuinely interested in his guests. A nice man to sit down and talk with over breakfast or a glass of wine in the evening. His home is pretty old school and could be cleaner and neater, However, the guest room looked recently painted and was clean and comfy.
Similar rentals that are immaculate go for around $ 110 in Santa Cruz.
The house is clean.
It is 60 years old and has acquired stains. It (email hidden)d in house with children and dogs and has acquired character and warts and wrinkles.
But it is a cozy comfy sunlit and happy home..
Prad was the most welcoming host we've ever met, he's always willing to help you, cook for you or drive you somewhere. The room was very nice and you can go by walking to downtown.
Prad was a wonderfully welcoming host. After a long drive I arrived late and was very happy to be greeted with a glass of red wine and relaxed conversation. I felt able to come and go as I pleased, or stick around for a chat about anything and everything. Also, great location and a comfy bed.
Prad was gracious to accept our stay on a short notice, and went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. The house is quiet, has a relaxing backyard where we had breakfast, and a 5 min walk brings you to the beautiful Santa Cruz west cliff drive. The room is comfortable and includes a bathroom. Prad is a really interesting person, and we had a nice time talking with him. He was also very generous to offer us delicious breakfast and snacks. His four year old dog is fun to play with too!
Prad is a kind and thoughtful host who went out of his way to provide those little extras that made our stay very comfortable, including stocking the fridge with snacks and drinks. Definitely consider this place if you're looking for a laid back Santa Cruz vibe that's easy walking distance to the ocean.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.