THE BIRD HOUSE
The Bird House is a sleek first floor private studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. This tastefully decorated studio is newly furnished with a queen bed and a modern sofa that folds flat to a second double bed. The studio can accommodate up to 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
Unique amenities include full kitchen with dishwasher, sitting area for working and dining, private parking space and a washer/dryer. The studio has its own patio where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after a day exploring the cultural riches of the city. Located in the safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
• Private off-street street parking space at your front door.
• Full kitchen.
• Private entrance and furnished patio.
• Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in the studio.
• Free WIFI.
C. NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES:
• The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
• ½ block from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all other interesting sights in the city.
• A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located on your block.
• 5 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), superb wine store, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
• 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse.
• 2 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
D. IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS and community library.
• Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
• An outdoor lover’s paradise close-in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, and bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$817 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2452 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Nice to be independent, the room was good and the location is perfect for access to restaurants and not too far from Saeways by foot. Parking at the back also made life easy. Great communications with Charlotte, who is very helpful and runs a list of properties on AirBnB, so is able to help you find the right combination of places to stay, which was essential for me as we had a complicated arrangements to make.
Very well and clean flat, just a couple of miles from DC center.
Charlotte was always very useful and quick to answer to any email.
I will definitely recommend this place to stay, especially if you have a car.
A good place to stay, away from the the city in a safe, family neighbourhood.. Comfortable studio. Fully equipped kitchen. Bus to downtown just outside the apt. All very convenient!
Our stay at Bird House was very pleasant, enjoying a neat, clean and cozy apartment, even nicer than the pictures. Its location is perfect if you are visiting the city by car, because it took us less than 30 minutes driving to the Capitol, and the house includes parking. The host had a last minute problem and offered us a better apartment and more space for the same price, which I think was a nice gesture. The overall experience was 5 stars because the quality of the apartment, the location, the communication with the host, the check in and check out process, and the price. I recommend it.
Charlotte was very helpful in helping us book our stay. We split our time between the Bird House and the Bird's Nest due to availability of the apartments and the transition went smoothly. The Owner of the House, Matthias, is helpful and kind.
The neighborhood is a beautiful residential enclave. While there are enough shops within walking distance to tend to your basic needs (and a farmer's market on Sundays), the Pallisades feels pleasantly removed from the city center. It's quiet and private. Very good for a couple.
If you are looking to catch the bus, just check the timetable and you can make it into central Georgetown in about 20 minutes.
The bedding is great, the kitchen is appropriately stocked, there's a washer/dryer and a dishwasher, the bathroom is small but manageable, and there's plenty of closet space.
we liked it a lot!
appartement très bien équipé. Nous avons apprécié la proximité du supermarché safeway.
Matthias est très attentif au confort de ses clients.
The birdhouse was great! It is close to everything you need, yet far enough away to feel comfortable and at home. Mattias was helpful and a fantastic host. Any time we had a question we sent him a text and soon we had an answer or help. Any time we wanted to see museums, take a tour, go to the flea market, etc. we jumped on the D6 bus and in no time we were there. And if we didn't feel like going out we could walk to a number of shops, restaurants, hiking trails, or pars in the neighborhood.
We were very confortable in the Bird House, it was very clean. The place has a completely equiped kitchen. The location is great in a beautiful area and it is quite easy to get downtown with just one bus (with A/C).
The Bird House worked out great for our party of three. We were very comfortable, everything was clean and cheery, we enjoyed the neighborhood (and our parking spot!), and the host was helpful and accommodating.
I booked the Bird House for my parent's stay during a family event in DC. We loved the place. It was beautifully decorated, the hosts were extremely kind and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Charlotte's communication with me and her prompt response to any questions we had was also a plus. I definitely recommend The Bird House and Charlotte's services. We will book with her again next time my parents return to town!