About this listing
Nestled in the Riverbend section of Uptown New Orleans, this little gem of a home sits half a block from Historic Oak street. You'll enjoy an open floor plan living room, a beautifully appointed kitchen, a screened-in porch and a jacuzzi bathtub.
Nestled in the Riverbend section of Uptown New Orleans, this little gem of a home sits half a block from Historic Oak street. Whether at full-tilt during the Oak Street Po-Boy Festival, just coming to life on weekend mornings with crowds seated outside the Oak Street Cafe for fresh homemade doughnuts and live Jazz, or past sunset when crowds at the ever-popular Jacque Imo's and Maple Leaf Bar spill out on to the sidewalk, there's always something going on. This 1 BR/1 Bath, originally built in the 20's has been fully restored to it's original grandeur with a mix of the historic and the modern. With a minimalist touch and attention to detail, you'll enjoy an open floor plan living room and a beautifully appointed kitchen. The den offers Flat screen TV, Wi-Fi internet, and a queen sized sofa bed. The bedroom features a queen sized bed, full-closet and a screened-in porch with adirondack chairs for star gazing. Soak in the jacuzzi bathtub after a long day of sight seeing.
Guests will have access the the property they book and any public areas, such as back yards, porches or terraces, depending on the building.
Interaction with Guests
We have a Maintenance Supervisor that is available to guest's if anything is needed.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. CST AND CHECK-OUT IS 11 A.M. CST.
There is a $35 Early/Late Check-in/out fee.
2. WE WILL NOT RENT TO VACATIONING STUDENTS OR SINGLES UNDER 25 YEARS OF AGE UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT GUARDIAN OR PARENT.
3. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $200 is required. This must be received in order to book the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are cleaned.
d. Unit is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO Early check-in or late check-out.
h. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), or the local law enforcement.
4. PAYMENT - Full payment required to book.
5. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS - Monthly renters must cancel
twenty-one (21) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least fourteen (14) days prior to check-in.
6. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to five (5) persons. An additional charge or $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to five (5) will be assessed.
7. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A Two (2) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than the minimum number of days, the guest will be charged the minimum rate.
8. INCLUSIVE FEES - Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
9. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate.We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
10. RATE CHANGES - Rates subject to change without notice.
11. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
12. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
13.HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY - No refunds will be given unless:
a. The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuation in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
b. A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
a. Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered,
b. Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
c. Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
14. PET POLICY - An additional cleaning fee of $20 will be required to book with
an animal. Any animals that not have been pre-paid will be charged an additional $40 pet fee.
15. PERSONAL INDEMNITY -All of the units are privately owned;the owners are not
responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuable of the guest.
By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
I have owned and managed rental property in New Orleans for 25 years. My wife, Lenora and I only recently begun turning a few into Vacation Rentals, but so far so good! We love the diversity of guests that come to stay, from world travelers to locals looking for a weekend away. When we're not renovating apartments, we love to sail Lake Pontchartrain with our two puppies,.