About this listing
Welcome to our homestead!
Our cottage is located on Maxwelton Road in the beautiful Maxwelton Valley, 2 miles from Maxwelton beach and close to artsy Langley. This area is one of the most sought after real estate regions on the island, and you will see why! It is quiet and lovely bike riding country where you will likely see wild geese, osprey, ducks, bald eagles, alpacas and other farm animals, sweeping views, homesteads to dream for, and majestic old cedars and firs in lush mixed forest and meadows. Maxwelton Beach, just up the road, is known for its long stretches of walkable sandy beach and westerly views for spectacular sunsets with the Olympic mountains as a majestic backdrop. A great place to drop in a kayak too!
Rustic chic, simple and romantic, our beautiful large space (768 sq ft) is divided into kitchen, bath and one large room. Picture windows look out onto gardens and cedars. High vaulted ceilings with skylights, wood stove, all the basic kitchen necessities to cook your own meals and delicious, clean well water. Wake up in a comfy, 4-poster Queen bed with 100% organic cotton sheets and comforter (divided from the living room by a screen), a stand of regal cedars your view. We also have a pull-out twin bed for a guest or child. Relax in the living room, with TV/DVD, a good book or journal and a smile. Fresh flowers in season grace the space.
Outside, roam our 5 acres of woods and gardens, sit on the chair swing, listen to the birds, take a bike ride, or take a hike at nearby Whidbey Institute-a 100 acre nature preserve. Simply RELAX & ENJOY.
1. This is a NON SMOKING cottage.
2. Pets are permitted with prior approval. Stated pet fee applies. All pets must be on leashes outside on premises at all times, or at your own risk. (We have chickens and ducks occasionally running free. Also, there are two cats on the property-never in the cottage, but would appreciate them not being chased). Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time without protective blanket or towel. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. The cottage owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
3. DAMAGE/PET DEPOSIT- A fully refundable damage deposit of $100 is required.
The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to cottage or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside, and soiled dishes are placed in the dish rack and cleaned.
d. All keys are left on the counter and cabin is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
4. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cottage, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. However, two loads of laundry per rental week are available in the main house, (1 for sheets and towels, 1 personal), please inquire. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabins.
5. PARKING – There is plenty of room for parking. Parking on the road is not permitted.
(website hidden) FLOWERS & VEGETABLES - If you would like to have fresh vegetables and/or more flowers during your stay, there are two ways to get them-Trade by helping out in the garden weeding (and harvesting your own) or by purchasing them from the farmstand. The farmstand is a short walk through the woods from the cottage to Quade Rd.
7.10 PM QUIET TIME - We are a quiet neighborhood. Sound travels far on Whidbey because it IS so quiet. We respectfully ask that loud music be turned down to low and loud guests be asked to leave beyond 10pm.