Welcome to our homestead flower farm!
Our cottage is located on Maxwelton Road in the beautiful Maxwelton Valley, 2 miles from Maxwelton beach and close to artsy Langley. This area is one of the most sought after real estate regions on the island, and you will see why! It is quiet and lovely bike riding country where you will likely see wild geese, osprey, ducks, bald eagles, alpacas and other farm animals, sweeping views, homesteads to dream for, and majestic old cedars and firs in lush mixed forest and meadows. Maxwelton Beach, just up the road, is known for its long stretches of walkable sandy beach and westerly views for spectacular sunsets with the Olympic mountains as a majestic backdrop. A great place to drop in a kayak too!
Rustic chic, simple and romantic, our beautiful large space (768 sq ft) is divided into kitchen, bath and one large room. Picture windows look out onto gardens and cedars. High vaulted ceilings with skylights, wood stove, all the basic kitchen necessities to cook your own meals and delicious, clean well water. Wake up in a comfy, 4-poster Queen bed with 100% organic cotton sheets and comforter (divided from the living room by a screen), a stand of regal cedars your view. We also have a pull-out twin bed for a guest or child and an additional futon if needed. Relax in the living room, with TV/DVD, a good book or journal and a smile. Fresh flowers in season grace the space.
Outside, roam our 5 acres of woods and gardens, sit on the chair swing, listen to the birds, take a bike ride on our bikes, rent our double kayak, or take a hike at nearby Whidbey Institute-a 100 acre nature preserve. Simply RELAX & ENJOY.
1. This is a NON SMOKING cottage.
2. Pets are permitted with prior approval. Stated pet fee applies. All pets must be on leashes outside on premises at all times, or at your own risk. (We have chickens and ducks occasionally running free. Also, there are two cats on the property-never in the cottage, but would appreciate them not being chased). Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time without protective blanket or towel. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. The cottage owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
3. DAMAGE/PET DEPOSIT- A fully refundable damage deposit of $100 is required.
The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to cottage or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers outside, and soiled dishes are placed in the dish rack and cleaned.
d. All keys are left on the counter and cabin is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
4. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cottage, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. However, two loads of laundry per rental week are available in the main house, (1 for sheets and towels, 1 personal), please inquire. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabins.
5. PARKING – There is plenty of room for parking. Parking on the road is not permitted.
6. ORGANIC FLOWERS, VEGETABLES & EGGS - We are a working farm, so are extremely busy during the summer. If you would like to have fresh vegetables and/or more flowers during your stay, there are two ways to get them-Trade by helping out in the garden weeding (and harvesting your own) or by purchasing them from our farmstand. The farmstand is a short walk through the woods from the cottage to Quade Rd. Please inquire about fresh eggs-we don’t always have them at the Farmstand, but usually have an extra dozen or two at the main house.
7. BIKES - We have bikes available at no charge for your use at your own risk. Please use bike locks if leaving the bikes unattended. Please inquire.
8. KAYAK - We have a tandem (2 person) open-top kayak and life vests available for rent at $50/day. Kayak at your own risk. We'll give you a ride down to the beach, give you some pointers and pick you up at an agreed time. Advance reservations required, due to logistics.
9. 10 PM QUIET TIME - We are a quiet neighborhood. Sound travels far on Whidbey because it IS so quiet. We respectfully ask that loud music be turned down to low and loud guests be asked to leave beyond 10pm.
Awesome cabin, well-appointed! Highly recommend staying here for a restful stay in Whidbey!
This place is great! Right off the road, quiet, serene, clean, well kept. We had a great time and would definitely stay again. The sunsets from the nearby beach were awesome.
The reservation was canceled 6 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Kathryn's cabin is a great place for a peaceful vacation on Whidbey. It's in a quiet and peaceful location and has easy access to Langley, Clinton and the southern beaches on the island.
The cabin is well stocked with very comfortable furniture and a great wood stove. Can't go wrong with sitting in a rocking chair by the fire reading on a rainy Autumn night.
Kathryn's cottage was exactly what we were looking for! The cabin was very comfortable (we did build a fire in the wood stove one evening, which the detailed instructions made very easy) and very clean. The location was nice and quiet, but it was only a short drive from the ferry and to Langley. I would absolutely recommend staying here!
This is a wonderful house/cabin in a great location. It made our stay on Whidbey everything we hoped it would be. The kitchen is thoughtfully provisioned so we were able to do some of our meals in with no difficulty. The setting is gorgeous and everything about the house is comfortable and pleasing.
My wife and I resided at the Whidbey Island Cottage in September while touring the Pacific Northwest. The cottage was clean and comfortable and located in a quiet setting. We enjoyed our stay.
Insatiable Learner, Cultural Creative, Collaborative Innovator. Nature Lover, Granola Girl, Mountain Woman, Farmer, Mother, Dancer, Dreamer, Wife. Teacher. Child of Wonder. Lover of Mystery, Faeries and Sacred Places. You get the idea....