About this listing
Unbeatable location, hotel grade furnishings, electric kettle in room, free WiFi, spacious living room, 24/7 security, free snacks and toiletries, left luggage facility. Property renovated Aug, 2016. Do check out the awesome reviews!
★★ Namaste! Welcome to CENTRAL Bed & Breakfast, Kolkata
-- All rooms renovated (Aug, 2016) new pictures coming soon!
-- WiFi internet is free and unlimited. Breakfast is complimentary.
-- You can get 2 single beds instead of the double bed shown if you wish.
★★ About CENTRAL Bed & Breakfast
Located in the heart of Kolkata, a minute's walk from Minto Park, it's a spacious 4 bedroom apartment on the 7th floor, with magnificent views of the city. In this 2800 sq. feet apartment you get:
- A large, airy bedroom with attached bathroom
- All bedrooms have king sized beds and lockable storage space
- Extra beds can be set if 3 or 4 guests stay in a room
- En-suite bathrooms with toiletries, towels, and 24x7 hot water
- A fully equipped kitchen that has basic utensils, a microwave oven, fridge, toaster, electric kettle, as well as an induction cooktop and food basics such as bread, butter, milk, cheese, etc.
- 1 motorised treadmill
- Daily laundry (costs extra) + ironing
- The apartment is airy, everything just works, and it feels like home
★★ What To Expect
The apartment is located one of the most posh localities in the city. The entire property was renovated with a fresh coat of paint in Aug, 2016 and now has wooden doors instead of the painted white ones you see. All rooms are immaculately clean, with fresh white sheets, flowers, a mosquito repellant, and have 24x7 AC. You don't have to worry about bugs, stains, etc. I've travelled extensively and know these little things count :)
From the 7th floor, you'll get marvellous views of the city, enjoy the cool breeze from the South side, and access the verandah as well. As for the apartment, it's huge (2800 square feet) and airy. You can relax with a book and unwind in the large common living room area. It has high ceilings and lots of natural light, along with an iMac that you may use.
★★ Location - It's Near Everything
-- Do check the guidebook I've made on Airbnb.
There are numerous restaurants near the apartment. Park Street, which has almost all of the best restaurants in town, is a 5 minute drive / 15 minute walk. Here are some nice restaurants, all within 15 minutes of our apartment:
Bar-B-Q or Jai Hind Dhaba for Indian & Chinese.
Fire And Ice for the best Italian food.
Enjoy Thai food? Try home delivery by Hong Kong Express.
¤ The Forum shopping mall + multiplex is a 5 minute walk. Lots of luxury and local brands, awesome food court, and 4 screens if you wish to see the latest movies. There is also a small grocery right outside the apartment as well as bakeries, cafes, etc. (see guidebook).
☺ Enjoy a peaceful time at Minto Park which has a huge pond with a fountain and frequented by morning walkers. It's a 1 minute walk. 2 pharmacies are within a 5 minute walking distance. Since you're in the heart of Kolkata, almost all the popular attractions are within 5 kilometres.
★★ Quick Bites
These are all within a 5 minute walking distance:
- Subway (classic sandwiches, coffee, etc.)
- Piccadilly Square (crepes, sandwiches, desserts)
- French Loaf (continental food)
- Nu Variety (small multi-cuisine restaurant)
- Baskin Robbins (ice-cream, desserts)
★★ Public Transport
- Two major bus stops within a 1 minute walking distance.
- Taxis are always readily available at the entrance.
- The nearest METRO station is a 12 minute walk.
★★ Reaching Us
Airport transfers can be arranged at an extra cost. However, we recommend taking a prepaid taxi which should cost about Rs. 280.
★★ Safety And Security
- 24/7 security personnel at the main entrance
- Day and night security camera outside our door
- Electronic keypad lock for the main entrance
- You'll also get a key for your room which has a lockable cupboard
★★ The One Thing You'll Remember Forever
Our roof-top telescope! If the skies are clear, you MUST check out the Moon, Saturn, and Jupiter. You'll never see the night sky the same way again!
★★ Why Choose Central Bed & Breakfast
-- Our location can't be beat. Check out any other listing for Kolkata on Airbnb - they don't even come close!
-- Room / apartment pictures are verified by Airbnb. What you see is what you get. No surprises.
-- Certificate of Excellence awarded in Aug, 2016!
My wife and I have always wanted to run a B&B and this is our dream come true! We will try our best to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
The kitchen and living room is common for all guests and may be used to prepare meals, relax with a book, use the iMac, etc. We only request guests to clean up after use.
Interaction with Guests
Your room is on the 7th floor and we live on the 8th floor. So while we are always available for any questions / help, you also get your privacy. Of course, we love to learn more about all our guests and have a chat!
We are located literally in the heart of Kolkata, with Park Street nearby and public transport available as soon as you step out of the building. Plus, the neighbourhood has the following advantages:
- 3 major banks, all a 10 second walk away
- Lots of small restaurants, eateries and cafes
- Forum mall / cineplex is a 5 minute walk
- Rabindra Sadan metro is a 12 minute walk
- Relax after a day of touring at Minto Park
The area is one of the safest with lots of schools, hospitals, and stores all around. We've been living here for more than 50 years now!
- Taxis always available outside the building
- Free parking for 4 cars
- 2 metro stations nearby, 10-15 minute walk
- We recommend taking a taxi at the airport
- The nearest major bus stop is a 1 minute walk
Other Things to Note
IMPORTANT! After reservation is confirmed please see the Host's Directions carefully and keep a print with you. It has the password for the electronic lock.
- For your safety outside guests are not allowed
- Please store your belongings in the cupboard
- Always lock your room door when going out
- Car parking is free anywhere on the ground floor
- Your original passport is required on arrival
- Smoke only in the verandah / balcony
- WiFi is free and unlimited
- Usual check in time is after 1PM, check out by 10AM
- Do inform us of your arrival / departure timings
- Feel free to use the kitchen to cook meals!
- Do leave the kitchen the way you found it
- Please ask us for any basic groceries
- Guests may share and use the treadmill / TV
- Please switch off the AC / lights when not in use
- Remember to switch off the bathroom geyser!
Welcome to Kolkata, INDIA!
You'll have a lovely stay at our apartment - CENTRAL - which, true to its name, is located in the heart of Kolkata. Simply look up Minto Park, Kolkata on G Maps and that's where our apartment is.
We have traveled extensively in India and abroad and have a good idea of the comforts a traveller seeks. We've built CENTRAL with great care and personal attention to detail, trying our best to ensure that all needs are met. We shall be glad to tell you about Kolkata and point out the hidden gems of the city, specially when it comes to local delicacies and desserts!
Just check out reviews left by our former guests and you'll know why our apartment is really the best, in terms of value as well as close proximity to the major attractions in the city. And if you ever need any help / information, either one of us will be there for you.
Look forward to hosting you soon,
Jayant & Vidushi
Central Bed & Breakfast, Kolkata