Unbeatable location, hotel grade furnishings, electric kettle in room, free WiFi, spacious living room, 24/7 security, free snacks and toiletries. All bathrooms renovated April 21, 2014! Do check out the awesome reviews!
★ KOLKATA BED AND BREAKFAST
-- Before booking, please send me a little note to check availability. You might get a discount too!
-- WiFi internet is free and unlimited. Breakfast is complimentary but very basic (bread, butter, milk, cheese, and jam).
-- Need 2 single beds instead of the double bed shown? No problem! Please send me a message.
-- Single travellers can get a 10% discount! Message me coupon SNGL10. Coupon valid through December 2014.
★ WELCOME TO CENTRAL B&B
Located in the heart of Kolkata, it's a spacious 3 bedroom serviced apartment on the 7th floor, with magnificent views of the city. In this 2800 sq. feet apt. you get:
- A large, airy bedroom with attached bathroom
- All bedrooms have king sized beds and storage space
- Extra beds can be set if 3 or 4 guests stay in a room
- En-suite bathrooms with toiletries, towels, and hot water
This listing is for Room 3, as shown in pictures above. Check out my other listings as well!
- A fully equipped kitchen that has basic utensils, a microwave oven, fridge, toaster, electric kettle, as well as a cooking stove and food basics such as bread, butter, cheese, milk, etc. Any other sundry items can be arranged on request at no extra charge.
- 1 motorised treadmill
- Daily laundry (costs extra) + ironing
- The apartment is airy, functional, and feels like home
- All rooms including the living room are air-conditioned
- You get high speed WiFi internet access, free + unlimited
- We can arrange a prepaid phone with a local sim card
★ WHAT TO EXPECT
This is not a luxury apartment even though it's in a posh locality and in one of the safest areas in Kolkata. The apartment does not have luxury furnishings but everything is squeaky clean, dust free, and in working order.
You don't have to worry about bugs, stains, etc. I've travelled extensively and know these little things count!
From the 7th floor, you'll get marvellous views of the city, enjoy the cool breeze from the South side, and access the verandah as well.
As for the apartment, it's huge (2800 square feet) and airy. You can relax and unwind in the large common living room area. It has high ceilings and lots of natural light.
★ LOCATION - IT'S NEAR EVERYTHING
-- Do check the guidebook I've made on Airbnb.
There are numerous restaurants near the apartment. Park Street, which has almost all of the best restaurants in town, is a 10 minute drive / 15 minute walk. Here are some nice restaurants, all within 15 minutes of our apartment:
Bar-B-Q or Jai Hind Dhaba for Indian & Chinese.
Fire And Ice for the best Italian food.
Enjoy Thai food? Try Baan Thai at the Grand Hotel or Hong Kong Express (budget).
¤ The Forum shopping mall + multiplex is a 5 minute walk. Lots of luxury and local brands, awesome food court, and 4 screens if you wish to see the latest movies. There is also a small grocery right outside the apartment as well as bakeries, cafes, etc. (see the guidebook for details).
☺ Enjoy a peaceful time at Minto Park which has a huge pond with a fountain and frequented by morning walkers. It's a 2 minute walk. 3 pharmacies are within a 5 minute walking distance. Since you're in the heart of Kolkata, almost all the popular attractions are within 5 kilometres.
★ QUICK BITES
These are all within a 5 minute walking distance:
- Subway (classic sandwiches, coffee, etc.)
- Piccadilly Square (crepes, sandwiches, desserts)
- French Loaf (continental food)
- Nu Variety (small multi-cuisine restaurant)
- Baskin Robbins (ice-cream, desserts)
★ PUBLIC TRANSIT
- Two major bus stops within a 1 minute walking distance.
- Taxis are always readily available at the entrance.
- The nearest METRO station is a 12 minute walk.
★ GETTING HERE
Airport transfers can be arranged at an extra cost. However, we recommend taking a prepaid taxi which should cost about Rs. 360-400.
If you're coming by Taxi or Bus, go to MINTO PARK first. Then refer to directions that you'll get after reservation is confirmed.
★ SAFETY & SECURITY
- 24/7 security personnel at the main entrance
- Day and night security camera outside our door
- Electronic keypad lock for the main entrance
- You'll also get a private key for your room
★ THE ONE THING YOU'LL REMEMBER FOREVER
Our roof-top telescope! If the skies are clear, you MUST check out the Moon, Saturn, and Jupiter. You'll never see the night sky the same way again :)
★ WHY CHOOSE CENTRAL
- Our location can't be beat. Check out any other listing for Kolkata on Airbnb - they don't even come close!
- Room / apartment pictures are verified by Airbnb. What you see is what you get. No surprises.
My wife and I have always wanted to run a B&B and this is our dream come true! We will try our best to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
The kitchen is common for all guests and may be used to prepare meals. We only request guests to clean up after use. The treadmill may also be shared.
Interaction with Guests
Your room is on the 7th floor and we live on the 8th floor. So while we are always available for any questions / help, you also get your privacy. Of course, we do love to learn more about all our guests and have a chat!
We are located literally in the heart of Kolkata, with Park Street nearby and public transport available as soon as you step out of the building. Plus, the neighbourhood has the following advantages:
- 3 major banks, all a 10 second walk away
- Lots of small restaurants, eateries and cafes
- Forum mall / cineplex is a 7 minute walk
- Rabindra Sadan metro is a 12 minute walk
- Relax after a day of touring at Minto Park
The area is one of the safest with lots of schools, hospitals, and stores all around. We've been living here for more than 50 years now!
- Taxis always available outside the building
- Free parking for 4 cars
- 2 metro stations nearby, 10-15 minute walk
- We recommend taking a taxi at the airport
- The nearest major bus stop is a 1 minute walk
Other Things to Note
IMPORTANT! After reservation is confirmed please see the Host's Directions carefully and keep a print with you. It has the password for the electronic lock.
- For your safety outside guests are not allowed
- Please store your belongings in the cupboard
- Always lock your room door when going out
- Car parking is free anywhere on the ground floor
- Your original passport is required on arrival
- Smoke only in the verandah / balcony
- WiFi is free and unlimited
- Usual check in / out is (phone number hidden) hours
- Do inform us of your arrival / departure timings
- Feel free to use the kitchen to cook meals!
- Do leave the kitchen the way you found it
- Please ask us for any basic groceries
- Guests may share and use the treadmill / TV
- Please switch off the AC / lights when not in use
- Remember to switch off the bathroom geyser!
Jayant is a terrific good host! He runs separate rooms in the same appartment, all of them spotless clean.
In the very spacious room a nice bed, good
Mattress is awaiting you, as well as several snacks, tea, coffee, and a light breakfast in the common fridge and kitchen. For Calcutta, the appartment is in a nice area, close to Minto Park, and pretty quit in the evenings and nights. To noisy? Close the window and put on the comfortabele A-C. Jayant is also a very good host because he is often available and always busy to fullfill your needs, gets answers on questions, arranges
Cabs and gives you all the advice you need if you are going to discover this warm, colourful and exiting city.
Jayant is the perfect Airbnb host, and so are his rooms.
Very highly recommended indeed!!
Jayant's home has always been the first place for me to check for availability when I visit Kolkata. Everything about his place is prefectly suited for me. The location is awesome, the rooms are nice, the prices very reasonable and his hospitality continues to be wonderful. He keeps asking me for tips and recommendations on how to improve further and with every subsequent trip it gets harder for me to think of areas in which he can improve!
Nous avons passé 3 jours chez Jayant 2 au 5 mars 2015.
L'hébergement est exactement comme décrit sur sa page. Il est bien situé, il y a de l'espace, de la lumière et tout ce dont on peut avoir besoin. L'appartement est propre et tout fonctionne (Très rare en Inde !!). Bon rapport qualité prix. Jayant est très symathique, réactif, avenant et extrêment professionnel. Bref, aucun stress avec lui.
We had a great stay at jayant's place in Calcutta. The location is very central and the room beautifully arranged. Our hosts were thoughtful and caring.
Jayant was an excellent host – the flat was very secure, with an outside camera, security at the front entrance and in a well located neighborhood. He accommodated our early arrival, and the entire place was spotless clean; the décor was up to that of a hotel suite, and both beds were very comfortable.
He and his spouse were accommodating without being intrusive, and we appreciated him organizing to have our laundry done in the same day! The Wi-Fi worked perfectly, and the view & breeze from the terrace – sunroom was a refreshing and quiet place above the hustle & bustle of the central location.
We would return and recommend this flat to all.
Logement impeccable, accueil fantastique, plein de délicates attentions dans la chambre spacieuse et lumineuse...chez JAYANT, c'est le lieu où résider à CALCUTTA, de plus JAYANT est une personne super aimable et qui rend de nombreux services quand comme nous vous avez quelques soucis de logistique!!! Sa femme très douce est également très aimable. Un séjour parfait, une adresse à recommander 1000 fois, des propriétaires remarquables, foncez!!!
I had a wonderful stay at Jayant's apartment. The location is great, in a central and relaxed part of town. The room was extremely spacious and comfortable and best of all is Jayant's kindness and accessibility. Even though I was out a lot exploring Kolkata, he made sure to check in with me to see that everything was ok. I really appreciated that. Highly recommended!
This host has 81 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Welcome to Kolkata, INDIA!
You'll have a lovely stay at our apartment - CENTRAL - which, true to its name, is located in the heart of Kolkata. Simply look up Minto Park, Kolkata on G Maps and that's where our apartment is.
We have traveled extensively in India and abroad and have a good idea of the comforts a traveller seeks. We've built CENTRAL with great care and personal attention to detail, trying our best to ensure that all needs are met. We shall be glad to tell you about Kolkata and point out the hidden gems of the city, specially when it comes to local delicacies and desserts!
Just check out reviews left by our former guests and you'll know why our apartment is really the best, in terms of value as well as close proximity to the major attractions in the city. And if you ever need any help / information, either one of us will be there for you.
Look forward to hosting you soon,
Jayant & Vidushi