A bucolic setting nestled 3 blocks from downtown Willow Glen, 3 mi from downtown San José and 5 mi from SJC. This warm 1927 home welcomes you to your private room/full bathroom with unique antiques and comfy bed. Dining/shopping steps away.
You're steps away from downtown Willow Glen and its wonderful locally owned restaurants, coffee houses and boutiques.
Your room looks onto the front garden, usually abloom with seasonal flowers. For privacy, a door closes off your hallway, en suite full bathroom (with tub/shower) and your bedroom. The recently refinished hardwood floors, new paint and your room's large arched window and two double-hung windows make a bright, welcoming environment for you to relax. Fully furnished with queen bed (with high-quality linens), TV/DVD, and large closet. You can make coffee/tea, keep beverages cold in your own mini-fridge, or heat up a snack in your in-room microwave.
Whether you're visiting family, on a work assignment for a Silicon Valley company, having remodeling done, or want a convenient home base for Northern California excursions, you'll have a comfy place to rest.
You'll have plenty of privacy as your suite is part of a 5 bedroom, 3 bath home.
(For families or two couples traveling together, there is a comfy queen sofa bed in the living room with curtains separating it from the rest of the house for privacy. Only those in your party would share your bathroom. I can even accommodate 6 with a queen futon in another guest room/office. Make inquiry for price.)
* HDTV w/DVD player
* Coffee/tea maker (with tea and coffee makings), mini-refrigerator, small microwave in your suite
* Yoga mat, filtered water, bed tray, plates, glasses, wine glasses, corkscrew, cutting board, knife, iron and ironing board in your room
* Unique restaurants and shops in downtown Willow Glen 3 blocks away. Starbucks 5-minute walk or 1-minute drive. Also Peet's and local coffee shops a few blocks away
* Downtown San José 3 miles away
* Adobe, eBay, SAP Center/Shark Tank, San Jose Convention Center, Center for Performing Arts, Tech Museum of Innovation, San Jose Art Museum, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, California Theater (opera), San Jose Repertory Theater, San Jose Civic, Montgomery Theater, City Lights Theater, Children's Discovery Museum, movie theaters, IMAX, Santa Clara University, San Jose State University, comedy club, Winchester Mystery House less than 3 miles away.
* CalTrain (to San Francisco) and Light Rail station 1 mile away
* Close to Cinequest, SoFa Jazz Festival, Christmas in the Park and other cultural event venues.
* Bus stops w/in a half block
* BART connection via CalTrain or bus
* Amtrak to Oakland, Sacramento, Pacific Northwest or So. California 3 miles away
* Plenty of street parking
* 4 churches on our street in case you like to attend
* Access to the Los Gatos Creek bike and walking trail less than a mile away. Large park close by.
* Shopping in Willow Glen, Santana Row or Valley Fair, Oakridge within a 10-minute drive.
* Front and back garden/patio access
* Linens are changed weekly for longer-term guests.
* Washer/dryer use (1 load/week) and kitchen access for weeklong stays or more
* 1 hr. from San Francisco (w/light traffic), 1.25 hours from Monterey, 3.5 to Tahoe, 1.5 to Napa/wine country, 45 minutes to Santa Cruz beaches, 2 hours from Big Sur, 3-4 hours from Yosemite. All are easy day trips and you'd be back in your comfy room to rest from your excursion.
* Hair dryer in bathroom and 5x makeup mirror
* A 4-page guide, including suggestions of Willow Glen dining options
* Binder w/sight-seeing options/articles/brochures, divided by local area
I'll gladly give you information on local sites, restaurants and make suggestions on activities. I'm happy to make your stay as comfortable as I can.
My guests commonly comment that they can tell I travel a lot by the extras I have in their room. I've tried to stock it with pretty much everything I can think of that I've wanted when I've traveled and didn't want to have to go out to get. So you'll find emergency supplies, like Q-tips, cotton balls, bandaids, safety pins, etc. in a drawer for you if you have an emergency need. I stay in a lot of 5-star hotels as well as guest houses so try to provide the parts of each that I appreciate. So while there isn't butler service, :-) I work to make your stay comfy and very pleasant.
It's a joy to walk around the neighborhood enjoying the different, well-kept homes, from the one built in 1890 on our block, to the Frank Lloyd Wright disciple's design across the street to modern interpretations of Craftsman.
Willow Glen was recently named by Money Magazine as one of ten best city neighborhoods. To read the article you'll need to do a search for it as AirBnB deletes the URL!
Our neighborhood is full of unique houses and interesting people. There are CEOs, lawyers, artists, tech execs, doctors, retired folks, stay-at-home parents, a former Lakers cheerleader and even a Sharks player! Newport Ave. is one of the most coveted (some say the most coveted!) streets in Willow Glen.
If you don't have a car, no problem. From SFO, you can take BART then CalTrain to the main San José station, then it's a short cab ride to my home. You can also access BART by bus out of the main San Jose train station 3 miles away.
Want to go around the Valley? The Light Rail station is a mile away (Tamien Station), or there is a bus stop steps away (look up VTA bus #82 -- Westgate/Downtown -- Newport/Minnesota stop).
Or from SJC, a short cab ride will bring you to my front door.
Want some exercise? Rent a bike in downtown Willow Glen and ride the bike paths to downtown San José and even to SJC, or the Los Gatos Creek Trail head is less than a mile away. There's even a bike share program now in San José! Or walk around the interesting neighborhood where every home is unique, or to a nearby park. Pamper yourself at one of several day spas a few blocks away, or get toned at one of several yoga and Pilates studios. Or maybe take a belly dancing class!
This home is very conveniently located, in a lovely and quiet neighborhood--great place to take walks, go shopping, or out to eat. Rebecca was a gracious host and ready to make sure that I had everything that I needed. It was a comfortable room with nice private bathroom stocked with great bath products and anything that you could have possibly forgotten in your packing.
Rebecca's place is clean, convenient, quiet, and a great deal. She has thought of all of the amenities. I would use her place again and recommend it to anyone seeking a safe, secure place in SJ.
Rebecca was a wonderful host. Very private area. Bathroom is fully stocked with anything you might have forgotten. Small refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave add to the flexibility of the space to meet everyones needs. She was available to answer our questions and the location is short walk to some great eating shopping. I would highly recommend this and hope it will be available the next time we go back to San Jose to visit family.
Staying at Rebecca's house was wonderful. The location was great, very convenient to all of San Jose's locations. I really enjoyed walking to downtown Willow Glen. The room was very cozy and comfortable. We had everything we needed from our own mini fridge and cutlery to a very well stocked bathroom. Rebecca even put out some bath beads and salts when she found out I love to take baths! Rebecca was the the best part of our stay. Her hospitality made our first airbnb experience a good one. She made sure we were comfortable and was extremely helpful in navigating the area. We will definitely be staying here again as we transition to our own home. Thanks Rebecca!
Rebecca's home is a perfectly maintained, well appointed Willow Glen house. I grew up in this neighborhood and know it well; her place is literally steps away from one of the most charming main streets in San Jose, Lincoln Ave. Rebecca knows the needs of travelers (as opposed to tourists) well, and has turned a lovely wing of her house into a true home away from home. I plan to return when work or family call me back to San Jose, and I would recommend her place without hesitation.
This was a nice location and Rebecca was a gracious host.
Rebecca was a great host and really nice person. She worked with me on my schedule when I needed to check in late. Her room is super comfy and has every amenity imaginable. You can tell she really took her time trying to figure out how to make your stay at her place enjoyable. The private bathroom was an extra plus. Her place is close to a lot of shops and restaurants. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to check out Willow Glen, but it seemed like a really nice place.
I had a wonderful, albeit brief stay in Rebecca's warm and cozy home. Her neighborhood is one that you never want to leave. She is such a thoughtful host. After a long day I don't want to think about much more than sleep, luckily, Rebecca thought of everything...including several types of tea. If I am in the area again, I will absolutely be returning. Thank you for a lovely stay.