Classy & comfortable home in the 'jungle' provides everything you need to clear your mind. Step back in time as you visit quaint Yankeetown or simply live by the tides as you fish & explore The Withlacoochee River &/or The Gulf of Mexico. Newly furnished & nicely equipped, making for an incredible get-away. Great for outdoor adventurers, honeymooners, readers/writers & those that seek nature, peace & beauty! Don't forget your camera! Deep fresh water river allows easy docking at the home.
Enjoy the outdoors and the sounds of the woods rather than traffic! Simple elegance is the surprise. This cypress-sided home fits in well in the canopy of trees. Wilderness with a nice touch of sophistication, art & comfort. Items in the home are new and well-maintained. Spacious rooms. Massage table available. Bedside tables have lights and the beds are new and very comfortable.
Local amenities may seem limited, but there are wonderful 'secret' spots to eat great food, meet interesting people & cool places to explore. We'll share ideas with you...
At this time the home is not fitting for pets.
* Full access to the main living quarters of the house (garage is off limits).
* Dock space with whips may be available - please contact us with your boat details so we can assure space. Lifts are OFF LIMITS. Unauthorized use will result in additional fees.
* Kayaks available during your stay for $100 additional fee. Two 1-person, one 2-person, adult life jackets, whistles & paddles. Must reserve prior to your visit so we can have them out. Charge is non-refundable regardless of whether you use them or not because making them available is a bit of a chore. You are responsible to carry (not drag) them to/from the river. Do not transport them by vehicle/trailer. This is not the easiest activity and there are things to know (tides changes, etc) so please contact us with questions. Definitely something to do if you're prepared! Loss/damage may come out of your home rental security deposit.
* Massage table available and in-home massages may be arranged with a local licensed massage therapist (or visit her at the Spa in Yankeetown).
* Local guides are available to show you around. Consider a day of fishing or scalloping - - they can even pick you up at our dock! Let us know if you need references.
Interaction with guests
If we're around we are more than happy to meet up with you. Otherwise, we have amazing friends that know the area and will be available to assist with needs at the home, tour you around the area (Charlie is an excellent tour guide and all you have to do is pitch in on his gas, pay his entry fee & maybe buy him lunch), and we can connect you with other fun and interesting people in the area.
* All-inclusive fishing adventure option coming soon. John will be offering tarpon/fishing charters later this year for those that want to focus on serious fishing for 4-7 days at a time. Amazing food, hospitality and accommodations (including the option of staying on our trawler) will be part of this service geared towards hard-core fishermen/women. Three different boats, river and/or gulf fishing, fly-fishing possibilities and more. Details provided individually so contact us if you're interested in this opportunity to catch incredible fish! Take your mind away from all the stresses in the world and let us treat you to a get-away that will stick with you for a long time!
Other things to note
Boat dock with whips may be available for your use, but please let us know if you plan to use it so we can make sure it's set up! Boat LIFTS are NOT available for guests use (use for a fee may be discussed, but if used without authorization there will be punishments, fees, etc). Contact us with details about your boat and any questions you have.
If you're aiming to fish, you will want to visit a local bait shop (Inglis/Yankeetown has a couple) and get a tide chart. Make sure to purchase a fishing license too!
The Withlacoochee River is a deep fresh water river that has many dynamics based on the release of water and the gulf tides.
The Gulf is very shallow so you will want to speak with the locals and gather maps and other info before heading out. Follow all safety rules/regulations and adventure at your own risk.
There are risks associated with this property such as a river, dock, steps, creatures, etc. You are responsible for looking after yourself and others. We hold no liability for the risks you take by docking a boat, jumping in the water, etc.
Please be considerate of the neighbors and the wildlife. As guests of the home we expect that you will keep the noise down, keep things clean and be obedient of the rules of the river, etc. We don't want to lose the opportunity to rent this beautiful home because a guest upset a neighbor!
If you question your own actions, please simply stop and don't do whatever you think you could get away with. Don't use things that you shouldn't, don't shoot off fireworks, don't force something open... just give us a call and ask and we can give you a quick and simple answer. It might even be OK to do whatever you wondered about! Thank you!!!!
- 3 kayaks available for use for $100 regardless of how long you stay or whether or not you use them. Notify ahead of time if interested.
- Stilt home with stair access only
- Nature lovers encouraged. Not a beach scene.
- Boat docking options available - contact us for details
- Full welcome packet will be provided with specific details for home
- At this time we are not open to having pets on the property.