Rent your own apartment with 2 sunny bedrooms in a new elevator building in the fun East Village!
Rent your own apartment with 2 sunny bedrooms in a new building in the fun East Village! Great heaters for winter, cool AC for hot summers and one block to free public swimming pool!
Almost everything is answered below. Please read through all the text if you have questions.
This is a great apartment in one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in NYC. Located on the 5th floor far away from street noise in a new, elevator building, each bedroom is clean and fully furnished with large, south facing windows.
• BEDROOM 1 has a super comfortable queen size (60"/151 cm) bed, a work area with desk and chair, a closet with space to hang clothes and a small dresser.
• BEDROOM 2 has a full size (54"/136 cm) bed that can sleep two and a twin size (39"/99 cm) bed that fits one person. There is also a nightstand with bedside lamp and an open closet with hangers and shelf space.
• The KITCHEN has granite counter tops, maple cabinets, and high-end stainless steel appliances, dishwasher, microwave, big fridge and freezer. It is fully equipped with pots, pans, plates, glasses and utensils for cooking and eating. We have a cabinet with coffee, tea and spices you can use and you can also take anything from the fridge or other cabinets. There is a bar table with stools for 4 people.
• The kitchen is open to the LIVING ROOM which has a couch/sofa bed (that can sleep two more people), coffee table and tv with streaming Roku/Netflix movies included. Hardwood floors throughout.
• You can sleep up to 7 people here but know that it is a squeeze. This place is better suited to max 5 people.
• The BATHROOM has stone floors and walls, a full bathtub with shower. Shampoo and other products you can use and a hair dryer you can borrow. (The water pressure is a bit low as we are on the 5th floor, but it is adequate for a good shower).
• Roof has sweeping city views where you can see the Empire State Building (there is no deck or furniture up here tho so it's just to take a peek at the city).
• Note: If you are renting over the weekend there has on occasion been some partying that can be heard from neighboring apartments. Unfortunately, this is New York and there is not much we can do about that. We can not guarantee a completely quiet apartment. Earplugs might be a good idea for light sleepers.
We try to greet all the guests personally in the apartment when it is possible. Unless there is an issue during your stay you will most likely not see us again as we prefer to let you enjoy the city on your own.
• "A Walkers Paradise". Walking score 95/100! on the site (website hidden), meaning all the great things (restaurants, bars, banks, coffee, parks, grocery shopping, entertainment) that you can walk to. See: (website hidden).
• Located near an endless selection of excellent restaurants, bars/clubs, parks, and music venues that has some of the best prices in NYC. For example on Ave C you have super cozy and friendly Latino restaurant Esperanto with great food and live music - the high end bar Summit with excellent cocktails - and friendly and packed German restaurant Züm Schneider with great beer and a killer gulasch.
• This part of the East Village is far from the fanciest area in New York. It is fun and lively and up and coming and you will see people from all walks of life around. We have lived in the area for years and love it, but it might not be for everybody. Just know that it is just as safe as any other area in Manhattan.
• For hot summer days there is a free public swimming pool just 1,5 block away (south east corner of Houston and Ave C).
SUBWAYS & BUSES:
• You are a roughly an 8 minute walk from the F train at Houston and 1st Ave which takes you west past the West Village and up along 6th Ave through Midtown. At almost the same walking distance is the stop Essex/Delancey where the J train takes you to China Town, Wall Street, Williamsburg and also straight to the Airtrain which goes to JFK airport. The M train here takes the same route as the F.
You also have access to the L train if you take bus 14D half a block away on Ave D. The L goes to Williamsburg and Bushwick in Brooklyn or in the other direction along 14th Street to West Village/Meatpacking District and also connecting you to every other subway line in Manhattan.
• Price is for the entire 2 bedroom apartment.
• Fresh sheets and towels included. Laundry can be done in the building upon request at cost ($2 for wash, $2 for dry).
• Free wifi you can use anywhere in the apartment.
• Iron and ironing board in the apartment.
• Each bedroom has a wall mounted AC/Heating unit that work much better than the window AC:s most East Village buildings have. So whether cold or hot outside you will have a nice temperature in the apartment.
Please read our excellent reviews! We have been hosts on AirBnB for over 4 years now with only happy guests - and we plan to keep it that way :)
If interested in our place, please write a few sentences of who you are and what brings you to New York. We'll get back to you as soon as we see your message.
Many ask about the price and extra fees and how to pay. When you put in the dates and number of people you will get our total cost. There are no taxes or cleaning fees on top of this, but AirBnB adds their fee, which is about 9% on top of our price.
The deposit of $200 will be handled by Airbnb, not by us. It will be taken from your credit card 48 hours before your check in date, and returned to you 48 hours after you check out if you leave the place in good condition according to the house rules.
All the payments are safely made with credit card to Airbnb when booking. They hold the money until the day you check in and will then transfer it to us.
Bookings with us are done with the "strict" cancellation policy and all cancellations should be done through AirBnB. This being said, if we manage to re-rent the place the nights you have canceled we can give a bigger refund to you than what the strict cancellation policy dictates. The earlier you cancel the bigger the chance that we will find other guests.
SEEING THE PLACE BEFORE BOOKING:
Airbnb don't allow us to exchange contact information before a booking is done, and it is our experience that trying to show the apartment ahead of time ends up being a waste of time for both guest and host. Our photos show exactly how the apartment looks (every corner of it). If you still want to see the apartment, please make a reservation first and then hopefully we can arrange a time soon after that between other guests when you can see the place. If you are unhappy with it when you see it we will allow you to cancel the booking at a full refund.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$25 / night after 3 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1900 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$5500 /month|
|Check In:||2:00 PM|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
We had a great stay at Lotta's place. The appartment is exactly as described, bed's are confortabble and space is OK for a NY appartment. You have everything you need. The neighborhood is OK, you are not close to the touristic attractions but it is quiet for sleeping and the price is very good for what you gain in space and room.
Lotta was very nice letting us get in earlier than 2pm and leaving at 7pm on our check out day, thank you Lotta! We really appreciated that! We were able to walk NY one more whole day!
Lotta was always accesible by mail, she gets back to you in no time!! thank you Lotta, We appreciated that as well, knowing that the owner is easy to get in touch.
My two roommates and I really enjoyed staying at Lotta and Drew's apartment. The apartment was very cozy and cute and the beds were super comfortable. Everything was just as described and Lotta was always just an email or phone call away. Lotta and Drew were also extremely friendly hosts and made us feel very comfortable during our stay!
Lotta and Drew provided the perfect accommodation for what we needed for our 2 week stay in NYC.
It was comfortable for 5 people and had absolutely everything we would need.
Location was fantastic, close to subway and some great bars and restaurants in lower east side.
Although we arrived a little late due to travel issues Lotta was more than hospitable, waiting for us to arrive, while also having a flight of her own to catch.
I would recommend this little gem to anyone wanting a homely, comfortable stay in NYC while still being close to everything you would need and want to see.
Thank you Lotta and Drew :)
Lotta & Drew are very nice hosts. We felt completely at home in their apartment.
Everything was up to our expectations.
The location is excellent, close Huston street and all the entertainment!
It isn't a big place, but it is comfortable enough for 4 people. All the good and bad stuff is already written in the description, so please read it carefully, Lotta & Drew are very honest. Please note that there is no cleaning fee, that means guests have to clean up before they leave, so the cleanliness of the place will depend on who stayed there before you. We were not that lucky, but it was acceptable.
There are two subway stops nearby, the description says they're 8min away, other comments say 20min... just check the distance and calculate the time at your own pace, since everyone's is different. We didn't mind walking in the morning but we usually ended taking a cab in the evenings because we were so tired that didn't want to walk from the subway... Buses are a good option too (but they have a limited timetable), there's a M21 stop a couple of blocks away and a M14D stop even nearer.
Lotta and Drew were really flexible and they arranged it so we could leave our luggage there on the last day while we explored the city for the last time, even though they had new guests coming, so thank you!
There's a rooftop with nice views, but keep in mind that it has no furniture and no lights (again, this is explained at the description).
Thank you for the review, Salva. It is very accurate but we want to add the correct details regarding the cleaning. It is true that we have not been charging a cleaning fee as we want our guests to leave the place in decent shape and not a complete mess. But after each guest has left we always come in and do the real cleaning ourselves - making the beds, dusting, cleaning the floors and do the bathroom in detail. We do not leave this responsibility to the guest as some people are in a rush and some are not very good at cleaning. So the apartment should be clean on arrival. When you arrived unfortunately a friend had helped as we were out of town and that did apparently not turn out as clean as we usually make the place. We are sorry about that, but it was definitely an exception.
Lotta and Drew were wonderful hosts! Due to traffic we came a little late but Lotta greeted us nevertheless very friendly and with patience. When there were any questions during our stay, Lotta was extremely fast with her replies and help. The apartment was clean and had everything we needed. We especially enjoyed the view from the terrace at night!!! The neighborhood was very convenient for us, too, and we recommend this place without any hesitation.
Its nice place nearby east river side and its important for runners how we are.
Comfortable for 3-4 people. Lotta help me in everything that i need.
My family and I enjoyed staying in this lovely apartment. We loved eating breakfast in the kitchen and every night it felt like coming home! Great hosts that help you with everything you aks them for! We enjoyed our whole trip!
Good location and comfortable apartment. We had problems with elevator - it didn't work 3 days of 4 (so we had great workouts every day - climbing to the 5th floor, especially it was great for our friend with broken leg;) I hope, it was unusual situation)
We enjoyed our stay in the apartment - 2 adults and 2 teenagers, the space worked perfectly for us. Lotta's apartment was exactly as advertised. It was clean, comfortable and neat and the location was great. A short walk to the subway, and busses were easily accessible. Lots of places to dine and grocery shops were close by. Lotta responded quickly to all emails, provided useful information to make our stay wonderful. We did not meet her, but everything was well organized as far accessing the keys and she made every effort to make this trip great for us. Thank you Lotta!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.