Newly constructed, fully quipped two floor villa, combining modern comfort and true colonial style in peaceful residential; with fantastic views to the volcanoes and coffee plantations, at short walking distance from beautiful historical site of Iglesia del Calvario.
Our house beautiful design cleverly connects the comfortable living spaces with the traditional gardens, patios and terraces in a seamless fashion; letting you enjoy the the relaxing sound of the running fountains and the wonderful Antigua climate.
A beautiful and spacious social area is smartly situated in the center of the 1st floor, including a comfortable living room with cable TV and entertainment center, a dinning room with open fireplace, and a big, modern kitchen fully equipped with dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker, etc.
Also on the first floor you will find:
* The master bedroom with open fireplace and its own walk-in closet and bathroom, and with direct access to the garden & outdoor hot-tub area.
* 2 bedrooms, one with walk-in closet and private bathroom.
* Entrance lounge, fountain patio and 2 outdoor coffee rooms.
* A traditional service quarter with its own bedroom and bathroom, a "pila" patio, a modern laundry room with washing machine and dryer, and generous storage rooms for groceries, with a direct connection to the garage for easy loading.
On the second floor you'll find:
* A second living room with open fire place and terrace facing the volcanoes, and overseeing the garden and outdoor social area.
* 2 more bedrooms, a bathroom, and the "play room", which could be used as another bedroom.
* Ample roof top terrace with views to the coffee plantations, and with comfortable deck chairs.
The house has indoor and outdoor parking space. If you do not have a car we recommend using taxi or tuc tuc; it should not cost you more than 9-10 USD to be in the town-center in 5min.
The location of the house is not only ideal to explore Antigua, but also as a base to move around and discover the other wonders Guatemala has to offer; such as lake Atitlan, Chichicastenango, the Pacific and Caribbean coasts and, being only 30 minutes away from Guatemala City airport, you can also cover Tikal and the other amazing Mayan sites in the rain forests of Petén.
There are various reliable transportation services in the area that we could gladly put you in touch with.
Other interesting features:
* Security at the main gate 24/7.
* WiFi available in all areas.
* Private garage and outdoor parking spaces.
* Cleaning and cooking service can be available from 20 USD/day
While the location is a little bit outside of Antigua, it is a phenomenal house. I provides great privacy and a very comfortable location. I would stay her again in a heartbeat.
The house is really beautiful and spacious. Great experience with communication with the host and their family. Transportation into Antigua was a bit tricky as its a bit far to walk, but they provided numbers to local taxi service that we worked with throughout our trip.
Charming Colonial Villa in Antigua, was one of the must beautiful
experience, perfect home out your home, comfort, luxury and relax!!!!. We enjoy it so much, and we are looking forward, to come back!!! Thank you Anika for all your help before we get to Antigua, Guatemala. After a nice day in the city we came back and have a drink in the living room, with a fireplace on, cant not explain the feeling......, the kitchen so nice, and so quiet to sleep, well, only if you are a guest you will experience this fillings.
We took our breakfast every morning in the patio, we really enjoy every part of your house!!!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!