This exclusive and modern villa is set in magnificent garden with private swimming pool. A bright and spacious featuring three double bedrooms bathroom , all with ample cupboard and storage space.
There is a comfortably furnished lounge with dining area, and a fully fitted kitchen with numerous electrical aids.
Menton the pearl of the French Riviera is only 10 minutes away to Monte Carlo, and right at the border with the Italian Riviera.
The villa is located in the Borrigo valley, one of the three valleys of Menton, only 15 min walk from the beaches. From the rear garden, you will enjoy a large and open view on the surrounding mountains and the Annonciade Monastry, first historical settlement in Menton. Magnificent and green shadowed garden (palm tree, pine, cypress), with pool (6m x 3m) and a large wooden sundeck.
Built on two levels, the villa’s ground floor with three bedrooms accommodate up to 7 people, bathroom with bathtub and washing machine. The first level is the “heart” of the villa with a large and open living/dining room leading to terrace and its garden through large sliding window, fully equipped kitchen, and shower room
· Master Bedroom – Queen Bed
· Second Bedroom – Twin Bed
· Third bedroom – Twin Bed + 1 top Bed
· Living Room with comfortable sectional settee
· Dining Room – modern wooden table seats 6
· Kitchen – Granite, newer appliances, breakfast bar & table overlooking pool
We stayed for 12 days at this property during mid June.
The positive things were:
- the host family who lived next door. They were extremely friendly and accommodating to all of our needs and requests.
Of the place itself, we really enjoyed:
- the outdoor area, with the courtyard and pool, which were very private and relaxing.
- the open living and kitchen areas are quite spacious and fresh.
- the 2 bathrooms are quite newly renovated.
- the BBQ
- the washing machine.
The things which could use improving are:
- the air conditioning, particularly in the downstairs bedrooms this is needed in summer
- no fly-wire screens on the doors and windows. So we were unable to leave the doors open in the evenings, as this attracted a great deal of mosquitos.
- the TV is extremely small - about the size of a 15 inch laptop.
- there are very few matching cutlery, plates, glasses etc.
- the pool requires a more suitable cover to stop all the leaves and dirt entering the water.
- the bedrooms are very small and seemed to be quite damp.
- if you have a child with a pram, it is not really a child friendly apartment, as there are very steep and narrow stairs to enter the property.
- the location is a bit far to the city centre for our liking. It is about a 30 minute walk.
But in summary, we had an enjoyable vacation and were pleased with the property and the price. We just felt with some small improvements, it could have been a lot more comfortable. Once again, our stay was dramatically improved by how generous and gracious the host family was. For this reason, we will look back upon our trip very fondly and consider returning for a future visit.
We really enjoyed our stay there. The villa was everything we had hoped for. It was nicely renovated, clean, had all the amenities needed for a relaxing vacation and conveniently close to everything. The owner of the villa was really helpful and solved all our queries really fast. We would not hesitate to book the same villa again.
This host has 24 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews