About this listing
Dreamforce attendees welcome; a housemate is attending!
Note Oct 11 - Nov 22: Best room in the house! (not pictured) The room for rent has a wall of windows, lots of light and has easy access to the front-door, kitchen, and bathroom.
Stay with us in our live/work community!
Our huge re-purposed space is now a live/work setup for a web development company, our guests and friends. It offers conveniences such as:
* Super fast wi-fi (Cisco dual band wireless N)
* Spare computer to look things up and print from
* Movie theater with 11ft HD screen and 4 stadium seated couches
* Wii U with Guitar Hero and Mario Kart.
* Programmable Arduino based LED infinity coffee table
* An electric piano, keytar, stylophone, and melodyhorn.
* Washer and Dryer for guest use
* Guest bikes with locks and maps
* Tech-support from resident geeks
* Plenty of desks and workspace, access to printer & scanner
* Library of city planning books
* Free soft drinks
* The worlds strangest art collection
* A desk only usable by sitting on a swing
* Bike repair shop
* Creepy mannequin collection
* 1 Ping Pong table
* 2 giant Disco balls
* 3 couch based lounge areas
* 4 internet meme based plush toys (HappyCat, et al.)
* 5 sets of Scrabble (we don't know how this happened)
* 6 versions of Settlers of Catan (we know exactly how this happened)
* 7 Refrigerators
* 9 versions of Dominion (we definitely know how this happened!)
* 13 Couches
* 14' x 14' wall mural
* 16 foot tall wall of maps
* 22 Operating Systems hanging from the ceiling
* 87 maps on the walls
Two blocks from 16th & Mission BART, we're near hundreds of fantastic restaurants, Mission nightlife and arts scene. Its easy to get around the city from here too, with downtown/Union Square/Moscone, the ferry building and the airport (SFO or OAK) just an easy BART ride away. We're happy to point you in the direction of just about anything you want from events to the best food to the best Art Deco movie theaters. We've got a realtime transit arrival display in our ktchen - so you'll figure out where to go. You can also just relax in our huge, quirky space with couches, fast wifi, and friendly people.
The guest room has a full sized bed.
Currently in our warehouse we have a transportation engineer, an artificial intelligence PhD student, a surgeon, a biologist, a professional bassoonist, a YC startup, an Apple employee, a computer hardware geek, two Swedish web interface designers, and a start-up specializing in web services for transit agencies.
Gay friendly :)
Not appropriate for children or teenagers.
The entire warehouse common space is your domain!
Interaction with Guests
There's always someone around to answer your questions. ~10 residents live here, don't be shy! We don't bite and are an extremely friendly bunch of people. Approximately 10 former Airbnb guests have become permanent residents throughout the years.
Well, be quick in the bathroom in the morning. And compost/recycle. And make sure you close the front door.