About this listing
Stay with us in our live/work community!
Newly renovated bathroom and added a 3rd shower!
Please Note: we occasionally have visitors of the four-legged kind. Most frequent guests: Honey ( a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) and Zoe ( a sweet black lab).
Our huge re-purposed space is now a live/work setup for a web development company, our guests and friends. It offers conveniences such as:
* Super fast wi-fi (Cisco dual band wireless N)
* Spare computer to look things up and print from
* Movie theater with 11ft HD screen and 4 stadium seated couches
* Pinball machine (Theater of Magic) on free play
* Wii with Guitar Hero and Mario Kart.
* Programmable Arduino based LED infinity coffee table
* An electric piano, keytar, stylophone, and melodyhorn.
* Washer and Dryer for guest use
* Guest bikes with locks, lights and maps
* Tech-support from resident geeks
* Plenty of desks and workspace, access to printer & scanner
* Library of city planning books
* Free soft drinks
* The worlds strangest art collection
* A desk only usable by sitting on a swing
* The famous internet "cloud", actually resides here
* Free pictures with the cloud (this is not a joke)
* Distributed computing bot net
* Bike repair shop
* Creepy mannequin collection
* 1 Ping Pong table
* 2 giant Disco balls
* 3 couch based lounge areas
* 4 internet meme based plush toys (HappyCat, et al.)
* 5 sets of Scrabble (we don't know how this happened)
* 6 versions of Settlers of Catan (we know exactly how this happened)
* 7 Refrigerators
* 12 network devices (routers, modems, switches, access points, cell boosters)
* 13 Couches
* 14' x 14' wall mural
* 16 foot tall wall of maps
* 22 Operating Systems hanging from the ceiling
* 87 maps on the walls
**Ask about rates for long-term dedicated desk space**
Two blocks from 16th & Mission BART, we're near hundreds of fantastic restaurants, Mission nightlife and arts scene. Its easy to get around the city from here too, with downtown/Union Square/Moscone, the ferry building and the airport (SFO or OAK) just an easy BART ride away. We're happy to point you in the direction of just about anything you want from events to the best food to the best Art Deco movie theaters. We've got a realtime transit arrival display in our ktchen - so you'll figure out where to go. You can also just relax in our huge, quirky space with couches, fast wifi, and friendly people.
The guest room has a full sized bed. For an additional $35/person we can accommodate a third or fourth person in a smaller adjacent capsule (think enclosed bunk bed). Message us for details, we can often rearrange things to accommodate you.
Currently in our warehouse we have a transportation engineer, an artificial intelligence PhD student, a surgeon, a biologist, a professional bassoonist, a YC startup, an Apple employee, a computer hardware geek, two Swedish web interface designers, and a start-up specializing in web services for transit agencies.
Gay friendly :)
Not appropriate for children or teenagers.
Well, be quick in the bathroom in the morning. And compost/recycle. And make sure you close the front door.
Had a great one-night stay, the place was cool and the roommates were interesting. The location was perfect, near the BART and everything in the mission. A bit like an up-scale hostel- although quieter and friendlier than most hostels.
Hosts were very nice and made we feel very welcome. Space was very cool and in The Mission. Hosts provided information about neighborhood and places to eat, directions to metro, etc. Really enjoyed my stay.
Insane space. Friendly people. I love exposed wires and LED lights so it was kind of like paradise.
I had never stayed at an airbnb before so I wasn't sure what to expect. As it turned out this location was just what I was looking for. Its clean, its owners are friendly, and the beds are comfy. I didn't have much time to check out the amenities, but the set up is very cool. I saw an indoor tiki bar, a pinball machine and a lot of very interesting art. Overall it was a great experience, would definitely stay again.
Super quartier très vivant! A deux pas du BART et de plusieurs grandes rues très animées.
Rapport qualité prix imbattable et de très nombreux colocataires sont là pour répondre à toutes vos demandes!
This house deserves it's own category on airbnb, it's just amazing. I'm a host on airbnb and I've traveled with airbnb to many places and I've never being in such a place. I think the number of reviews they have speak already give you a picture of the place. They guys are awesome, and the house just incredible.
More than reccomended to enjoy some days in SF, but also to enjoy the place.
Fantastic location and bunch of guys. I was fortunate enough to experience the amazing media room. Steve was great and was very kind and inclusive. Thoroughly recommended.
This host has 104 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews