A budget traveler's DREAM! Queen bed, shared bathroom, subway access, continental breakfast, and FIVE YEAR/FIVE STAR hosts, all for a very reasonable price! Plus, 2 dogs to call your best friends for the duration of your stay :)
:) FIRST THINGS FIRST! :)
Airbnb has a COMMUNITY VIBE. We invite strangers into our home and welcome you as family, while giving you the SPACE AND RESPECT you need on your vacation. As such, we have a few requests when inquiring so that you get a QUICK AND POSITIVE acceptance!
1. PROFILE: Have a PHOTO of YOU, along with a BIO to let us know a little bit about you! (Where you're from, what you do, etc.) Please, VERIFY YOUR ID!
2. TRAVEL: Tell us about your TRIP (travel plans TO NYC, duration, etc.) and any special requirements you may have.
3. AGREEMENT: Confirm you have READ THE TERMS of stay, POLICY on check-in and check-out, and the very few house rules.
4. GET HAPPY!: If we have the space and you've done #1,2,3, we WELCOME you gladly! Hosting people from the around the world is awesome and you've chosen the BEST VALUE anywhere!
Our home is a BUDGET TRAVELER'S DREAM!! A peaceful oasis to crash at while you're out all day exploring the city. Easy subway access to Manhattan on two subway lines- 2,5 at Church Avenue, and easily transferable to the 3,4 trains at Franklin Avenue, and the N,Q,R,B,D lines at Atlantic Avenue.
About the ROOM:: This room is one of two guest rooms in our new home in Flatbush, Brooklyn!
This bedroom is tiny but has…
- large queen-sized comfy bed
- closet to hang clothing and store luggage
- a cabinet with drawers to store personal items
- a fan and a heater
- an A/C window unit
- hair dryer
- a lamp
- a mirror
- subway map
- a huge guidebook with tips and places to visit
- pamphlets from various sites
- magazines and books
About our HOME:: Our 115 year old row-house was gut renovated in 2012. We occupy the whole row house.
-Our apartment has TWO Airbnb rooms, and our bedroom (three bedrooms total).
-The apartment is on the second floor and it is very quiet!
-Street parking is available.
-The subway stop is 3 quick blocks away, which has the Express 5 (20 minutes to Manhattan- Financial Districts and several transfer points- about 40 minutes to Grand Central Station), and the Local 2 train. For the price, you can't beat the subway access!
For your use, we provide…
- KEYLESS entry! (No keys, much safer; come and go as you please)
- free WiFi
- free luggage storage
- laundry facilities with soap provided
- DVDs to borrow for your laptop
- iron and ironing board
- bathroom: SHARED shower and bathtub, body soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner
- kitchen: pots and pans, utensils, spices, plates, cups, and bowls, electric kettle, toaster oven, French press coffee
- breakfast: toast, a variety of cereals, low-fat milk, tea, oatmeal, French press coffee
We have two doggies, Oliver and Cookie, who would love to be your best friend. They are well behaved, but very nosy and content to be by your side, or leave you alone entirely.
Use of the...
-SHARED bathroom with tub and detachable shower-head
-kitchen to eat in and cook (we must show you how to use the stove and toaster oven)
-occasional use of clothes washer and dryer (once we give a briefing on the appliances)
Interaction with guests
WE LIVE HERE so we are usually home in the evenings.
Zach mostly works from home in the day, so he is available if guests are in need of anything, but mostly keeps quiet to himself on his laptop or in his basement studio.
Christa works out of the home and is usually available via text messaging on What's Ap or iMessage for iPhone.
Other things to note
**NOTE: Though our CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT times are VERY FLEXIBLE, it is important to understand that many times, we have guests back to back.
CHECK IN: This means, if you are coming in on a red-eye flight and are arriving early in the morning, the previous guest may still be occupying the room until after we have both left for work meetings. As we work and are not a full-time business (just a couple renting out a room to meet awesome travelers), we may not be able to change the sheets and thoroughly clean the room until later in the evening, sometimes as late as 7pm. You are welcome to drop your bags at any time on Check in Day! This is usually no issue 90% of the time.
CHECK OUT: Additionally, because of time constraints, we may ask that you be packed up and OUT of the apartment on the morning of your checkout. You are always welcome to leave your bags, especially for those guests who have late evening flights (Who wants, or COULD, drag all that gear around?!). Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and flexibility!
- Most importantly to us, please take your shoes off before entering the apartment.
- This is a non-smoking property. All smoking must be done at the curb due to asthma and allergies.
- Absolutely NO GUESTS who have not been previously approved through Airbnb reservation or in person. Please do not bring anyone into the house.
- AIR CONDITIONING: This window unit costs a large amount of money for us to run, so we want to make sure we can afford to keep providing it. The room is rather small and well insulated, and cools down within 7 minutes of turning it on.
...Please, do not raise the level over 4. It should be cool in your room, not frigid, which would likely be about $10/day to run it (yikes).
...There is no energy saver mode, so please remember to turn it OFF when you leave.
...Please keep your door closed at all times when the unit is in use.
- Be courteous to other guests staying: leave the bathroom as you found it by cleaning up hair and any spills. Wipe the counter if preparing food. All stuff you know because you're likely a responsible and cool adult. Keep in clean, Charlie Bean! ;)
- Come and go all hours of the night as you please, but avoid slamming doors while people are resting.
- Inform us of any issues, or anything that has broken so we can remedy it quickly and avoid the replacement fee.
- Dirty dishes and cups must be RINSED and loaded into the dishwasher.
- Please hand wash pots, pans, French press coffee maker, and knives with the WHITE brush.
- No candles.
- No illegal drugs or illegal activities in person or with web usage.
- Think Green! Turn off lights and fan when you leave the room; recycle; don't run the water excessively, etc.
- Be nice! :) Have fun, and come to us immediately with any questions, concerns, or problems.
We want you to enjoy your stay and preserve our house for the comfort of all presents guests and the wonderful souls who will fill our home in the future.
ENJOY YOUR STAY! :)
***if booking through instant book, please understand that all terms must be met. You must be more flexible with your check in times. We are happy to welcome you! This is something we have done for nearly five years and we love it! Please accurately put the amount of guests. Incorrect bookings may be subject to cancellation or a higher rate.
-Know that we have two small dogs who just want to alert us when you come in, and then give you lots of love after a long day in NYC. Hugs and kisses are free!
-**NOTE: Though our check-in and check-out times are very flexible, it is important to understand that many times, we have guests back to back. This means, if you are coming in on a red-eye flight and are arriving early in the morning, the previous guest may still be occupying the room until 10am. As we work and are not a full-time business (just a couple renting out a room to meet awesome travelers), we may not be able to change the sheets and thoroughly clean the room until later in the evening. If you are concerned about your schedule, please inquire. We may be able to have to room empty and ready by the time of your arrival by not booking for the night before. Additionally, because of time constraints, we may ask that you be packed up and out of the apartment by 10am. You are always welcome to leave your bags, especially for those guests who have late evening flights. Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and flexibility!
This host has 360 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Wahoo! Celebrating over SIX YEARS of hosting over 1,000 people from dozens of nations! Yay!! Superhosts! Committed to giving you the best stay possible at an affordable price.
Christa: vinyasa-style 200-hr. yoga teacher, a 85-hr. prenatal and post-natal yoga teacher, and small business owner. Married to an ambitious artist; cares for two sweet puppy dogs; Wishes she could live outside, 80% of the time. Happy, pleasant, and harmonious. Collects Christmas ornaments, and new plants.
- lists ;)
- miniature pigs, goats, chickens (I hope to have a mini farm one day!!)
- to run, do yoga, and lift weights
- anything relating to the great outdoors
- gardening in our backyard and making our block even more beautiful
Zach: originally from Texas, fine art photographer and videographer (search his name to find his website). Likes cheese, his pups, and New York. Works from home part time, an adjunct professor part-time, a website manager part-time and as an assistant part-time, and loves to visit galleries and hear artists' lectures. Lots of odd jobs, and lots of hustle in this city, chasing our passions.
We love helping people navigate the city by sharing useful tips and recommendations of places to eat and see! Hosting on Airbnb is a great experience, as we get to meet so many wonderful people from around the world. We love to learn about other cultures and share ours as well!
We have over 900 bookings in over 5 years!! We have met over 1,300 different travelers! What a great experience!
In our minds, a great guest is someone who first feels welcome in our home, and treats it as they would their own. A great guest treats others as they want to be treated, and leaves a shared space just as they found it, if not better! A great guest doesn't hesitate to speak up when in need. A great guest knows we are human, imperfect, and not a five star hotel, but two folks just trying to do our best to give you the most comfortable vacation accommodations ever.
When we travel on Airbnb, we strive to be these guests who make someone's home a better place! We hope to stay with you soon.