A budget traveler's dream: comfort, style, subway access, and friendly hosts who've got an arsenal of suggestions and years experience all for a very reasonable price! Plus, 2 dogs to call your best friends for the duration of your stay :)
A budget traveler's dream: comfort, style, subway access, and friendly hosts who've got an arsenal of suggestions and nearly 3 years experience, all for a very reasonable price! Private and semi-private vinyasa-style Yoga sessions available for purchase, held in the home studio. Plus, 2 dogs to call your best friends for the duration of your stay :)
:) FIRST THINGS FIRST! :)
Airbnb has a COMMUNITY VIBE. We invite strangers into our home and welcome you as family, while giving you the SPACE AND RESPECT you need on your vacation. As such, we have a few requests when inquiring so that you get a QUICK AND POSITIVE acceptance!
1. PROFILE: Have a PHOTO of YOU, along with a BIO to let us know a little bit about you! (Where you're from, what you do, etc.) Please, VERIFY YOUR ID!
2. TRAVEL: Tell us about your TRIP (travel plans TO NYC, duration, etc.) and any special requirements you may have.
3. AGREEMENT: Confirm you have READ THE TERMS of stay, POLICY on check-in and check-out, and the very few house rules.
4. GET HAPPY!: If we have the space and you've done #1,2,3, we WELCOME you gladly! Hosting people from the around the world is awesome and you've chosen the BEST VALUE anywhere!
Our home is a BUDGET TRAVELER'S DREAM!! A peaceful oasis to crash at while you're out all day exploring the city. Easy subway access to Manhattan on two subway lines- 2,5 at Church Avenue, and easily transferable to the 3,4 trains at Franklin Avenue, and the N,Q,R,B,D lines at Atlantic Avenue.
About the ROOM:: This room is one of two guest rooms in our brand new home in Flatbush, Brooklyn! This room is for ONE PERSON ONLY (no exceptions).
This bedroom has…
- twin-sized with at least 2 pillows
- closet to hang clothing and store luggage
- an IKEA expedit with drawers to store personal items
- a fan and a heater
- an A/C window unit
- hair dryer
- a lamp
- a chair
- a mirror
- subway map
- a huge guidebook with tips and places to visit
- pamphlets from various sites
- magazines and books
About our HOME:: Our 100 year old row-house was gut renovated in 2012. It has only one other apartment downstairs, occupied by very nice tenants. Our apartment has TWO Airbnb rooms, and our bedroom. The apartment is on the second floor and it is very quiet! Street parking is available. The subway stop is 3 quick blocks away, which has the Express 5 (20 minutes to Manhattan- Financial Districts and several transfer points- about 40 minutes to Grand Central Station), and the Local 2 train. For the price, you can't beat the subway access!
For your use, we provide…
- KEYLESS entry! (No keys, much safer; come and go as you please)
- free WiFi
- free luggage storage
- laundry facilities with soap provided
- DVDs to borrow for your laptop
- iron and ironing board
- bathroom: shared shower and bathtub, body soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner
- kitchen: pots and pans, utensils, spices, plates, cups, and bowls, electric kettle, toaster
- breakfast: toast, a variety of cereals, low-fat milk, tea, oatmeal
We have two doggies, Oliver and Cookie, who would love to be your best friend. They are well behaved, but very nosy and content to be by your side, or leave you alone entirely.
Guests may use the parlor, shared bathroom, laundry facilities, and kitchen to cook in once we give a briefing on the appliances.
Interaction with Guests
We live here so we are usually home in the evenings. Zach mostly works from home so he is available if guest are in need of anything.
Christa is usually available via text messaging (WhatsApp).
About the NEIGHBORHOOD::: The neighborhood is Flatbush, bordering Ditmas Park and Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. Our neighborhood is very residential and typically quiet. The ages of the neighborhood are very diverse (young children to elderly homeowners who have been here for 40 years). Flatbush is on the brink of gentrification and has a lot of local charm. Jamaican food is plentiful (jerk chicken- yeah!); there is also a local donut shop nearby, as well as many chain stores like McDonalds, Dominos, Dunkin' Donuts, and Walgreens drug store. Four subway stops away at Franklin Avenue there are many restaurants with burgers, ice cream, vegetarian options, organic grocery stores, bars, coffee shops, wine stores, Thai food, shopping boutiques, live music, poetry readings, and yoga. Many students, young professionals, elderly, children live around-- it is very diverse and fun. It is very busy, lively and well lit; lots of traffic and people hanging out, loving life. Police station and Fire Station are two blocks away.
We are close to Prospect Park-- our favorite part of the borough, and the biggest reason we moved here! The Farmers' Market takes place every Saturday, and there are many large fields and trails to walk. There is also a gathering of Food Trucks every 1st and 3rd Sunday from 11am-5pm. This park was designed by the same people who designed Central Park.
We are located three blocks from the 2,5 trains at Church Avenue. We are also a 5 minute walk from the SBS 44 bus to Crown Heights, Bed-Stuy, Clinton Hill, Fort Greene, and Williamsburg. We are near B35 bus, which takes you across Church Avenue. The B,Q trains (south to the beach, north to Manhattan) are a mile (20 minute) walk away.
Other Things to Note
**NOTE: Though our CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT times are VERY FLEXIBLE, it is important to understand that many times, we have guests back to back. This means, if you are coming in on a red-eye flight and are arriving early in the morning, the previous guest may still be occupying the room until 11am. As we work and are not a full-time business (just a couple renting out a room to meet awesome travelers), we may not be able to change the sheets and thoroughly clean the room until later in the evening. If you are concerned about your schedule, PLEASE ASK so we can accommodate you! We may be able to have to room empty and ready by the time of your arrival by not booking for the night before. Additionally, because of time constraints, we may ask that you be packed up and OUT of the apartment on the morning of your checkout. You are always welcome to leave your bags, especially for those guests who have late evening flights (Who wants, or COULD, drag all that gear around?!). Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and flexibility!
- This is a non-smoking property. All smoking must be done at the curb due to asthma and allergies.
- Absolutely NO GUESTS who have not been previously approved through Airbnb reservation or in person.
- If you are using pots and pans and cooking a full meal, we ask that you wash your dishes. Otherwise, you're welcome to leave cups and plates in the sink.
- No candles.
- No illegal drugs or illegal activities in person or with web usage.
- No shoes inside of the apartment... There is a bench in the foyer you can use to take your shoes on and off.
** Any breach of these rules may result in a loss of your deposit.
- Most importantly to us, please take your shoes off at the door... New York streets are absolutely filthy and we don't want that dirt inside.
- Think Green! Turn off lights and fan when you leave the room; recycle; don't run the water excessively, etc.
- Be nice! :) Have fun, and come to us immediately with any questions, concerns, or problems.
- If you have any accidents, let us know as soon as you can because we can usually clean the stain or fix the problem effortlessly!
- PLEASE WRITE US A REVIEW if you enjoyed your stay-- we are trying hard to build our reputation here at Airbnb, so please be mindful of this! We always leave reviews for our guests!
-**NOTE: Though our check-in and check-out times are very flexible, it is important to understand that many times, we have guests back to back. This means, if you are coming in on a red-eye flight and are arriving early in the morning, the previous guest may still be occupying the room until 11am. As we work and are not a full-time business (just a couple renting out a room to meet awesome travelers), we may not be able to change the sheets and thoroughly clean the room until later in the evening. If you are concerned about your schedule, please inquire. We may be able to have to room empty and ready by the time of your arrival by not booking for the night before. Additionally, because of time constraints, we may ask that you be packed up and out of the apartment by 11am. You are always welcome to leave your bags, especially for those guests who have late evening flights (Who wants, or COULD, drag all that gear around?!). Thank you so much in advance for your understanding and flexibility!
ENJOY YOUR STAY! :) :)
I loved the place, the people and the dogs. I have no regrets in my decision, as Christa and Zach are honest with what they say to people in Airbnb. You can trust them.
I chose their apartment, because I wanted to meet American people as many as possible, and it was the right choice! The hosts were very very friendly and kind couple, and I enjoyed our conversations, too. I had a problem with my knee during my stay, and they gave me some tablets, which worked very well and also big pillows, so that I could rest my feet when I was in bed. I also should mention that their bed was very comfortable. (I often have problem with pillow, but their pillows were more comfortable than mine!) I saw that they were trying to do their best to make their guests comfortable, and they were doing really well. The apartment was close to subway stations, too. I will definitely come back if I have another chance. I wish them a lot of good luck and success!!
Chris and Zack are great as their place and their neighborhood. Totally recommend it.
Zach and Christa were fantastic host and their place was wonderful. I was looking for a place to get my feet wet in the city while I looked for a permanent apartment. I am so glad that I found Zach and Christa. They were more than helpful and accommodating with my work schedule. If you are looking for a nice place with wonderful people that is just a short train ride away from Manhattan this place is for you.
I came and left quickly but they made my stay as smooth as possible. Excellent hosts!
Everything fine, Brooklyn area is ok, very beautiful house and appartment, I would recommend it. I liked the area, public transportation is near by.
Zach and Christa were great hosts! The house was clean, the puppies were sweet, and Zach and Christa were super helpful with giving me directions to get around and ideas on how to spend my day! Also, they left some great snacks beside my bed when I got there and Christa even made fresh chocolate chip cookies! Loved it!
This host has 129 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Christa: 20-something ;) vinyasa-style 200-hr. yoga teacher (private lessons available for additional fee in our on-site yoga studio), former nanny, and elementary school teacher. Married to an ambitious artist; cares for two sweet puppy dogs; Wishes she could live outside, 80% of the time. Happy, pleasant, and harmonious. Collects Christmas ornaments, and new plants.
- lists ;)
- miniature pigs, goats, chickens (I hope to have a mini farm one day!!)
- to run, do yoga, and lift weights
- anything relating to the great outdoors
- gardening in our backyard and making our block even more beautiful
Zach: originally from Texas, fine art photographer and videographer (search his name to find his website). Likes cheese, his pups, and New York. Works from home part time, and as an assistant part-time, and loves to visit galleries and hear artists' lectures.
We love helping people navigate the city by sharing useful tips and recommendations of places to eat and see! Hosting on Airbnb is a great experience, as we get to meet so many wonderful people from around the world. We love to learn about other cultures and share ours as well!
We have over 350 bookings in over 3 years!! We have met over 500 different travelers! What a great experience!