The house consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 with private bath and 2 with shared bath.
DIDO, colour green, private bathroom, air conditioning, internet wi fi gratis, change linen, cleaning and tidying, kitchen.
Dido, the fugitive, the daughter of the king of Tyre, the queen and founder of Carthage. Falling in love with Aeneas arrived on the shores of Carthage after a long pilgrimage from Troy destroyed, committed suicide by stabbing with the sword of Aeneas when he left her for sharing her pilgrims.
The bed and breakfast "a Casa di Virgilio" borns from the desire to offer hospitality in the former home of "Grandpa Virgilio" by creating a warm and welcoming environment that offers the comfort of your own home and be spoiled by an excellent and substantial breakfast, offering consulting books and guides of Florence that will help you discover this beautiful city. The house is furnished with taste and color, ceilings and high windows create a sense of freedom and light, ancient floors to bring the distant past in which life goes slowly by the thick walls provide a natural cool summer so, usually, it’s not even necessary for air-conditioning that is however present.
The bed and breakfast is located in Rifredi, 10 minutes from the airport, near the train station SMN-FI, the Fortezza da Basso is within walking distance, the old town in 5 minutes, the bus stop is in front home, the garage Tanucci in front of the house is in agreement with 15 euro per day, the University Hospital Careggi including the Universities of Florence, including the faculties of Engineering, Biology, Mathematics and Medicine, Meyer Hospital are near from "a Casa di Virgilio".
Focal point near B&B is Piazza Dalmazia, now called "natural shopping center" for the several number of shops that face the last resistance to the invasion of big chains and corporations. Closer to home there are supermarkets like "Coop" and "Esselunga”, nearby organic supermarket “NaturaSì", the famous "trippaio" has its stand in the Tanucci square, pizza, and anything can be enjoyable and comfortable your stay in Florence.
Other service information:
• Breakfast room is available from 8.30 am to 10.00 am
• 1st floor without elevator
• Free Wireless Internet Access
• Iron and ironing board
• Pets stay free provided they are not left alone in the room
• Daily room cleaning
• Check-in 15:00 / 18:00 - Check out at (phone number hidden).
• For arrivals and departures at other times, send mail to make arrangements.
• The owner does not live in the structure, communicate by mail with 24 hours before your arrival time in Florence.
• You can check-in after 19:00 but must pay an additional cost.
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!
I wanted to inform you that from July 1 the City of Florence has established a tourist tax on overnight stays by non-residents of 2 euros per day per person, excluding:
- Children up to the completion of the tenth year of age
- Individuals who care for patients admitted to health facilities in the territory
- Parents or carers who care for patients hospitalized with minor health facilities for up to two people per patient.
WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!
- Please send me your arrival time at least twenty four hours before your arrival date
- Check in time from 3:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m
- I do not live in B & B so you must always communicate your arrival time.
- If you change your arrival time previously reported, please send mail with new arrival time.
- For check in after hours 7 p.m. there is a surcharge of 10 euro.
I wanted to inform you that from July 1 the City of Florence has established a tourist tax on overnight stays by non-residents of 2 euros per day for person, excluding: children up to the completion of the tenth year of age
• In case of late cancellation (5 days before check in) will be charged the first night..
• Cancellation 2 days before check in: charge of 80% of entire stay.
• In case of cancellation during stay 90% charge of entire stay.
• In case of NO SHOW will be charged the full amount of reservation.
• The room prices depend on the duration and period of stay. The price includes all utilities.
- Prego avvisare 24 ore prima l'orario di arrivo.
- L’orario di check in è (phone number hidden), per arrivi in altri orari mi potete contattare per telefono o mail per mettersi d’accordo.
- Per check in dopo le ore 19 è previsto un supplemento di 10 euro.
- Volevo informare che non abito nel B&B pertanto è importante comunicare sempre l’orario di arrivo per poter organizzare al meglio la procedura di check-in.
Se viene variato l’orario di arrivo precedentemente comunicato si prega di aggiornare comunicando il nuovo orario.
Volevo informare che dal 1 Luglio 2011 il Comune di Firenze ha istituito l’imposta di soggiorno sui pernottamenti dei non residenti di 2 euro al giorno per persona con esclusione di: minori fino al compimento del decimo anno di età, soggetti che assistono i degenti ricoverati presso strutture sanitarie del territorio, genitori o accompagnatori che assistono i minori degenti ricoverati presso strutture sanitarie per un massimo di due persone per paziente.
• In caso di cancellazione tardiva (5 giorni prima del check in) verrà addebitata la prima notte.
• Cancellazione 2 giorni prima del check in: 80% dell'intero soggiorno.
• In caso di cancellazione durante il soggiorno 90% del soggiorno.
• In caso di NO SHOW verrà addebitato l'intero importo della prenotazione.
• I prezzi delle camere dipendono dalla durata e periodo del soggiorno. Il prezzo include tutte le utenze.
Gastgeber hat perfekt für uns gesorgt. Schöne, individuell gestaltete Räumlichkeiten. Angenehme Nachbarschaft. Alles sehr gut.
This is in a regular Florence neighborhood and not the tourist area but folks seemed friendly and understood English pretty well. There are buses right outside that will take you to Santa Maria Novella Church/S.M.N train station (the tourist area) in about 15 minutes although I walked it. The room was nice sized and the shower was the best of our trip. Breakfast was good and included some protein which seems unusual for Italy. Laura works very hard to ensure you enjoy your stay. Overall, this is a nice alternative to expensive hotels among throngs of tourists!
Dido B&B was a delightful place to stay in Florence, and a very good value for the price. My husband and I stayed at the B&B for five nights and could not have picked a better place! First of all, the room was VERY clean. At this point of our travels, we had been traveling in Italy for several weeks, and this was the first time that I felt truly comfortable and at ease with our surroundings. Laura was a very gracious and warm hostess. She made sure that we had everything that we needed. She also cleans the room every day while you are out, which is not something that you will always find in a B&B like this. Also, she was kind enough to let us use the kitchen in the B&B at night to cook ourselves dinner. We truly felt at home! Also, the B&B is located in Rifredi. We loved this, because we were just a bus ride away from the tourist attractions, but far enough away to feel like we were in the "real" Florence. There are really great "locals" restaurants and boutique shopping about a 10 min. walk away and the B&B is situated on a quaint square. Also, the bus stop is literally right outside of the building so it was very easy to get into town when we wanted to. Also, the breakfast that was served every morning was by far the best appointed breakfast that we have had on our travels. There were always the basics (cereal, juices, coffee, danishes, fruit, etc.), but she would always add a few different items each morning, such as a lovely pastry with dried grapes (a Florence specialty), so that it never got boring. Dido is hands down the best place to stay in Florence!
Laura hospitality is unquestionable. She did her best to make us feel comfortable and happy about our stay. Unfortunately the room is no noisy that it was impossible to have a good night rest.
The B&B is pretty far from the center and the bathroom is as noisy as the street.
Laura was really nice. The place was comfortable and spacious. It was near the main train station which is also near all the sites. A little tough to communicate with but when all was said and done i had a great experience.
This was my first time using airbnb and I'm very happy with the result. I needed a last minute place to stay and Laura responded quickly with a great offer. This place isn't downtown, but I found the location easily accessible by bus or even walking (if you don't mind a bit of a long walk).
I took the wrong train to Florence and was several hours late for check-in, but Laura didn't get upset or frustrated at me (or at least didn't show it if she was). She was very gracious and went out of her way to make sure I felt comfortable and at home.
I've had an excellent stay at Laura's B&B. She is available and willing to help in case you need and directions or support. Rooms are nice, very clean and she personally takes care of everything including breakfast which is really good. Double check availability because the ad regards multiple rooms and if you are sensitive to street noise I'd recommend the red or the orange rooms.
This host has 10 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Salve mi chiamo Laura, ho da poco aperto il B&B “A Casa di Virgilio” a Firenze. Questo stimolo è nato dal desiderio di crearmi un’occupazione stimolante e indipendente, poiché ho un ottimo rapporto con il mio prossimo e mi piace fare nuove amicizie, ho pensato di mettere a disposizione di chi avesse necessità di soggiornare a Firenze la casa dei miei nonni.
In anni remoti mi sono diplomata all’Istituto d’Arte, amo la pittura, la musica, la natura, le passeggiate, il trekking, la montagna, gli animali (soprattutto il mio cane Vasco), credo fermamente nel volontariato infatti ho prestato servizio al 118 come soccorritrice e all’associazione Oami di Prato. Mi piace leggere e non mi piace la televisione. Ho due figli di 20 ed 11 anni ed un marito che fa il tipografo.
Cos’altro dire??? Vi aspetto numerosi in questa meravigliosa città!