About this listing
Newly renovated Garden level in corner building in Clinton Hill.
Private 2 bedroom with separate entrance.
Studio with many windows, hardwood floors, and area rug. Renovation completed with Passive House standards.
Newly renovated Garden level studio in corner building in Clinton Hill.
Studio with many windows, hardwood floors, and area rug. Renovation completed last month following Passive House standards, which makes the entire building very comfortable and quiet. Historic Brownstone walk-up building.
Master bedroom contains a brand-new queen memory foam mattress.
Bathroom with shower. HVAC and ventilation.
Towels, pillows, and linens are provided.
One of us will greet you, show you around and give you keys to house and studio.
E-mail us your approx. arrival times and Andre who lives on the 3rd floor will meet you.
Arriving after 10pm, or before 1pm an additional $40 is due; departing after 12noon an additional $10/ hour.
Interaction with Guests
Mostly, we leave you to do your own thing. We live in the building, and we're happy to help if you need us.
Willoughby Avenue is the cross street of this brownstone and nearby Myrtle and DeKalb Avenues, which are filled with wonderful restaurants, bars, and shops. This area is pretty young as the Pratt Institute is located only two blocks away.
Nearest subway stop is Clinton-Washington the G line connects at Washington and Lafayette, the C line at Washington and Fulton.
Bus line 54 is accessible at various stops along Myrtle, line 38 on Dekalb (both run east/west). Within short walking distance is bus line 62 which takes you to Williamsburg, Greenpoint, and Long Island City, as well as bus line 67, taking you into Park Slope.
Other Things to Note
Water very potable, enjoy best water in country coming from The Catskills
- Please keep the apartment clean and orderly. Any unusual dirt that you may have produced, we ask you to take care of appropriately.
- Please separate waste, and do not let it sit in studio for more than 4 days. In front of building, you will find containers for:
1) hard plastics, metals, and glass; 2) paper products; 3) everything else.
Compost goes in ceramic tubes near entrance in garden.
Clean plastic bags behind front door.
Textile in bin behind front door.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and clean any dishes used.
Do not throw any objects other than toilet paper in the toilets. Please clean the toilet as needed.
We ask that guests do not discard any solid objects, or any other materials in the sink which would cause plumbing issues.
- Please be conservative with your use of electricity and water. Turn off the lights, HVAC, and unplug any electronic equipment when you leave the apartment.
We ask that guests keep the HVAC no warmer than 68 in the winter, and 75 in the summer.
- Bring no more than one guest at a time with you into the house.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the building. If smoking outside, please discard butts in trashcan, and stand at least 10 feet away from the building while smoking.
- Please respect all other people living in the building. Quiet hours are between 10pm and 8am.
- Outside door locks automatically behind you. Keep your keys in a safe place with you at all times.
- If you damage or lose any part of the property, please let us know.
- We cannot be made liable for any destroyed, damaged or stolen personal objects.
- No pets
Noi and Dominik are your hosts in Chiang Mai - Thailand; living at the Kaysorn Residence.
Andre is your host in Brooklyn - New York; living at the Historic brownstone house, while Dominik is in Thailand.
Before opening this Guesthouse we all worked in hotels in Bangkok, Switzerland, and USA; then we embarked on renovating buildings.
Kaysorn is for us a return to our hospitality roots after working in other jobs for the last few years. We are excited to welcome you in Chiang Mai and happy to share our local discoveries from Thai and Swiss-American perspectives. We are both well-travelled and understand the needs and desires of sustainable and local travel needs.