About this listing
Gorgeous OCEANVIEW condo in the middle of everything! Close to beaches and restaurants. Pool and hot tub, beach gear and snorkel gear. Sleeps four comfortably with kitchenette. Walk out the back door to the ocean! Please read our 250+ reviews!!!
WELCOME TO KAILUA-KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAI'I!! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!! FREE WIFI AND A/C IN THE ROOM! HOSTS LIVE IN KONA UNLIKE SO MANY OTHERS WHO DON'T SO WE ARE HERE FOR YOU! CHECK OUT OUR LAST MINUTE SPECIAL DAILY RATES!!! THIS OCEANFRONT GROUND FLOOR CONDO was COMPLETELY RENOVATED With Tile Floors, New Fixtures And Paint. It Is Every Bit As Beautiful As Our Other Properties Here On Airbnb But Will Sleep Four! Just remember while you are looking for a vacation spot that over 250+ previous guest reviews (700+ in all 3 of our condos) can't be wrong! You pay all that money for airfare but please don't ruin your vacation by staying in a lower priced and far lower quality accommodation to save a nickel... We've done it in the past and regretted it. Look at the reviews and spend $10 a night more for piece of mind. Also look at our low $45 cleaning fee and no MINIMUM nights rentals! We want you to have a blast in Kona (we do!) Don't forget to look at our other condos here in the same complex listed here on AirBNB! They may have the dates you need or you can stay in both! One has a big kitchen in a cozy, quiet location in the center of the complex and the other has a great view of the pool!
Our Purpose In Owning And Renting Out This Little Home Away From Home Is To Allow Folks To Enjoy Our Island As We Do Today. We Too Have Made Many Vacation Trips To The Islands Not Long Ago And Were Many Times Unpleasantly Surprised By Dumpy, Dirty Accommodations That Negatively Affected Our Vacation. This Little Gem Will Never Disappoint You! COMPLETE COMPLEX IS NON-SMOKING (this should be important to you if you don't smoke) If you do smoke, there is a smoking area on Ali'i drive just outside your door or up at the top of the complex near the dumpster.
Easy Check-In And Out (Because We Live On Island) Although we would love to meet every guest in person, there is a good chance you will not meet us in person. There is no need to since the room has a door card key issued at the front desk and we don't need to collect any money from you thanks to AirBNB... We have busy lives here in Kona so we can't give you a personal tour but you will find a guide book in the room for our favorite spots and you are always welcome to call, text, email or message us for suggestions. We will be here to assist you in all your needs!
All Rates Include 13.42% Hawaii Tax. Book Now Because These Are Introductory Rates To Get Our Condo Exposure And Establish A Returning Clientele (Friends). We Don't Do This Just For The Money, We Do It So You Can Have The Best Experience Ever On The Big Island and take Great Pride in our three condos.
Once You Stay The first time, You Will Be Coming Back! Mom's Will Love This One (You Won't Go Wrong Dad) This Is Your Home Away From Home Studio Condo In A Quiet Location With A Beautiful OceanView! Snorkel Gear, Beach Gear, Cooler, Beachchairs For Your Visit.
One Of The Nicest Condos In Kona Islander Inn (Where Rates Have Gone Up To over $199 Per Night including Tax For A Unit Not Even Near As Nice As Ours) Sleeps 4 Comfortably (Two Private). This Studio Unit Has A Mini-Kitchen Which Will Save You So Much In Food Costs!!! Free Air Conditioning! (Many Condos Charge $15 Day For Air) Queen Size Bed And A BRAND NEW Queen-Size sleeper Sofa. If You Have 3 Or More Guests In The Room Please Just Check 3 Guests When You Book Even Though You May Have Four. We Charge $10 Per Night Extra For Extra Linens For 3 Or 4 Guests. No Need To Pay For Four, Also Has Flat Screen Tv With Cable And Dvd Player, Wireless Internet, Dvds, Convection Microwave, Mini-Refrigerator, Dishes, Hot Plate, George Foreman Grill, Toaster, Electric Skillet. Blender, Panini Grill, Wok, Rice Cooker And Crock Pot. The Bathroom Has A Shower With Great Water Pressure As Well As A Hair Dryer, Extra Soaps, Shampoos, And Other Toiletries. Even Slippers!
Beautiful Oceanview On Ali'i Drive Next To Lava Java, Lulus, Hugos, Outback, Bubba Gumps And Humpys restaurants. Directly Across The Street From The Ocean! You Are In The Heart Of Kona Town Near Pool, Hot Tub And Bbq.
The Public Bus And Trolley Go Right By The Condo On Ali'i Drive To Take You To Snorkeling Or Our Favorite Beaches (Magic Sands) Right Down Ali'i Drive. You Can Drive Into The Complex From Ali'i Dr Or Kuakini Hwy Behind The Complex. Pool, Hot Tub, Bbq And 24 Hr Laundry On Site. Free Parking!
Book Your Dates Now Because They Will Fill Up Fast At These Prices. Note Pricing Increases For Oct (Ironman Triathalon), Dec-Jan (Christmas Break), And Mar-Apr (Spring Break). Still Very Affordable For This Beautiful Condo In A Beautiful Location...
Due To Our Amazing Response To Our Low Rates, We Will Be Happy To Help You Find More Nights Right Here In The Kona Islander Inn Complex At Our Other Amazing Condos At Airbnb To Coincide With Nights You Book In This Condo!!! Our Other Listings are you If You Are Looking For A Private, Quiet Room For Two With A Larger Full Kitchen or a gorgeous unit with a pool view!
We Also Urge You To Look At Our Over 700+ Positive Reviews From Our Properties That Have Been Consistently Full Since May 2012!
You are right in the center of all the action in Kailua-Konatown but it is quiet and peaceful in a near jungle like setting!
Nowhere Else on Earth - Hawaii's Unique Offerings: The Big Island, the most exciting island in Hawaii, has 11 of the 13 ecosystems, from snow-capped mountains in winter, towering 14,000' above the ocean, to tropical rain forests. All this on an island almost 200 miles around. Kilauea Volcano adds land to the island daily, as lava flows into the ocean. See Thurston Lava Tubes in Volcano National Park, a short walk through a primordial forest of towering fern. Star-gaze at Mauna Kea Observatory. Visit ancient heiau (temple) where King Kamehameha united the Hawaiian islands. Watch migrating whales and spinner dolphins at Kua Bay, Paddle out to Captain Cook's monument in Kealakekua Bay where the first known Europeans met Hawaiians. Meet Hawaiians, a truly diverse people and culture. Hula. Go to a real luau. Enjoy surfing, the apart of Alii (royalty). Swim with gazillions of colorful fish and sea turtles at Kealakekua Bay. Lie on a black sand beach at Punalu'u. Go coffee tasting at Kona farms. Discover your own secret treasures!
Your room, pool, Hot tub, Laundry all accessible with your room card key which you will receive upon check-in from the front desk staff in the lobby. Free Parking (when available) snorkel Gear, Beach Gear including chairs!
Interaction with guests
If you have ANY questions, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE message, email, text or call and ASK them instead of telling us your issues AFTER you leave. We are available 24/7 to help you!!! Easy Check-In And Out (Because We Live On Island) Although we would love to meet every guest in person, there is a good chance you will not meet us in person. There is no need to since the room has a door key card and we don't need to collect any money from you thanks to AirBNB... We have busy lives here in Kona so we can't give you a personal tour but you will find a guide book in the room for our favorite spots and you are always welcome to call, text, email or message us for suggestions.
Other things to note
Have fun!!! We really want you to know that we have rarely (1 in 50 guests) ever have to keep any of your security deposit. It is only for that 1 in 50 guests who want to trash our room and ignore all of our house rules. Sadly, there are a few of those and for them, we might need all of the $500 deposit! Look at our reviews. We are great hosts and very fair with awesome condos!
PLEASE READ THIS! Rental Rules (We are sorry about all these rules but we have learned it is better for you to know these so you can have a carefree stay with no surprises) Most are just common sense and we rarely ever retain any of your security deposit because AirBNB folks are usually awesome!
1. Smoking is NOT allowed ANYWHERE on the premises of Kona Islander Inn (smoking is only allowed off premises at the street). If you are caught smoking anywhere on Kona Islander Inn property, you will be FINED $300 by security. If condo smells of smoke or you are caught smoking, all $200 of damage deposit will be forfeited plus cost over and above cost of professional fumigation and fines will be assessed to renter. Sorry so harsh, there is no smoking... If you must smoke, there are smoking areas out on Ali'i Drive just 50' out your back door or at the top of the complex near the dumpster. Nuf said.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Suitcases can be placed under the bed or in the hall closet where you will also find beach gear.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. There is a cooktop, toaster, crock pot, double mini crockpot, convection microwave, electric skillet, blender, George Foreman grill, coffee press, coffee grinder, coffee maker and iron for clothes. If you plug in too many appliances and/or the hair dryer, you may trip the circuit breaker. If this happens, please find the security folks on property to reset the breaker in the storage room for you. Do not dump anything in the kitchen or bathroom sinks. Please dump food and grease in the garbage. Please don't flush anything solid down toilets including paper towels or feminine products. You will find sheets, pillows and blankets for the sofa sleeper in the leather like trunk in front of the sofa.
6. Pets are NOT allowed unless they are service animals and we are notified and you register the animal with the Condo Association (front desk). There is a $100 extra cleaning charge for a service pet in our units. If you choose to bring an animal in our condo without authorization, we will retain all of your $200 deposit for cleaning and fines. Please don't let the ferrel cats in our condo nor should you feed the cats. They are being cared for through Avicats. Be advised that you are in Hawaii and this complex has may trees and plants and with those come bugs like the big American Cockroach (over an inch long). If you keep the screens closed, they will have a hard time getting in your room. If they do, they are harmless but look scary! We do treat your room with insecticide at the doorways and under cabinets but no amount of insecticide will keep all bugs out of your room. There is also a large chance they will want to come in your room during heavy rains which we rarely get. Just part of living in Hawaii and enjoying the beauty of the Islander grounds...
7. Parking: a Parking pass will be issued at check-in from the front desk staff. Parking on the premises is first come-first served and is free. Renters must display parking pass on the rear view mirror or dash at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Please see the Security Guard in the complex and they will issue you a new parking pass, Dustie the complex manager at the front desk are very helpful in this matter between 8am and 12am Security WILL fine you for parking on the premises without a permit. If you are fined because you parked to unpack on arrival or simply forgot to put your pass in the car, please find security and they will destroy your parking fine. Parking is always difficult after dinner especially during Holidays. You can always find parking on Kuakini Hwy South of the complex on the ocean side or across from the complex on Ali'i drive in the parking garage for $5 every 24 hours.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. There is also a small $45 cleaning fee so please WASH YOUR OWN DISHES if you use them and REMOVE YOUR OWN TRASH from the unit when you leave. The main dumpster is located at the top right corner of the complex on Kuakini Hwy to the South of the lobby where there is also a smoking area. If you choose to not remove your trash or wash your dishes (as some do), we will retain $25 from your deposit. We would like you to leave the condo looking as much like as you arrived other than cleaning/sweeping etc. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We provide beach towels. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the units. If you use a towel (even once), please place it in the dirty laundry hamper when you leave but please conserve towels by hanging them to dry and use more than once. We will assume any towel left folded in the room is CLEAN. Please avoid using the decorative towels in the unit if you don't need them. There are dish towels on the counter and there are white bath towels on the basket in the bathroom that we wish you to use for daily use. There is self-service laundry available on the premises and your room card key opens the laundry room and pool. We provide racks for your luggage and hanging space in the closet for your clothes. Please do not hang any towels or laundry on the Lanai (porch area) Not to sound bossy, but we have had some problems in the past... Mahalo.
9. Hot Tub, Pool and BBQ are accessed by your room card key. Please abide by the rules posted at the pool and laundry area regarding the use of these amenities. Pool and Hot Tub hours are 9am-10pm. Quiet hours 8pm-8am. No one under 14 may use hot tub. Adults must supervise children using the pool under 12. No food or drinks in the pool or hot tub (OK at tables and chairs in pool area). No horseplay, no boards/balls/inflatables or glasswear or radios in the pool area.
10. If we as the host, are fined as a result of a violation of the Condo Association rules by a guest, the guest is to reimburse us, the host, and the host is given the right to deduct the amount equal to such fine from the guest's security deposit and demand the remainder of the fine from the guest. Thank you. Sorry about all the rules but we live and learn after over 4 years of hosting in this complex. Don't let this stuff scare you. We have very, very rarely had any issues since AirBNB has amazing guests! Just what we've learned in all these years of hosting. Aloha.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 531 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We live in Kona and love it! We bought these three condos so you too can enjoy our little beach town and amazing island! When we moved here 6 years ago, we stayed in one of these units that was renovated like ours is and fell in love with the Kona Islander Inn. We are here in Kona to make your vacation experience a joy! Although you may not meet with us, (as we respect your privacy) we will always be available if you need us!
We fell in love with Hawaii because of the Aloha spirit. We want others to enjoy the spirit of Aloha as well. Many of our guests have toured the island and returned to us before leaving Kona. All have raved about our comfortable, clean, affordable condoso and hospitality. They say this was their favorite place to stay in Hawaii, and a better value than other places they stayed. They want to return and to send friends.
Nowhere Else on Earth - Hawaii's Unique Offerings: The Big Island, the most exciting island in Hawaii, has 11 of the 13 ecosystems, from snow-capped mountains in winter, towering 14,000' above the ocean, to tropical rain forests. All this on an island almost 200 miles around. Kilauea Volcano adds land to the island daily, as lava flows into the ocean. See Thurston Lava Tubes in Volcano National Park, a short walk through a primordial forest of towering fern. Star-gaze at Mauna Kea Observatory. Visit ancient heiau (temple) where King Kamehameha united the Hawaiian islands. Watch migrating whales and spinner dolphins at Kua Bay, Paddle out to Captain Cook's monument in Kealakekua Bay where the first known Europeans met Hawaiians. Meet Hawaiians, a truly diverse people and culture. Hula. Go to a real luau. Enjoy surfing, the apart of Alii (royalty). Swim with gazillions of colorful fish and sea turtles at Kealakekua Bay. Lie on a black sand beach at Punalu'u. Go coffee tasting at Kona farms. Discover your own secret treasures.
Live Aloha is now our life motto...
You will be coming back again after staying with us! We promise... A Hui Hou, Gigi & Andy