About This Listing
Luxury suite. of 60 sq meters suite in COLONIAL VILLA in the heart of oldest town of the American continent. Largest private pool of town. Best view of town to Volcano, cathedral and lake from terrace. Ask for special package prices 3 to 7 days.
Once arrived in this room, which makes part of Villa America you enter an oasis of luxury and relax. In your suite like room you have a richly filled minibar with complimentary waters , a cable TV and wireless broadband Internet. In the morning you will be served between 7 and 11 am an abundant free breakfast with fresh juices, organic fruits, bread, eggs at your choice. If you have any special wishes tell it to Elena. She prepares your breakfast. Tell the evening before at which time you like to be served or announce it in the morning half an hour before having your breakfast.
Everything has been done to make you feel in an oasis of rest and enjoyment. Villa America is one of the most precious villas of Granada, oldest city of the American continent. It has an impressive second floor studio with terrace overlooking the majestic Volcano Mombacho and the whole of this oldest town of the Americas, Granada. The pool is all year around at disposition of guests. Everyday the pool gets cleaned and the depth is between 1 meter 20 and 2 meters.
You are overlooking the tropical environment of Granada. Its sea size lake and the powerful Volcano. You have an intimate view of the tower of the cathedral of Granada. It is here where world heritage creations can be born. An inspiring environment, which you won't never forget, once having been here.
Living under a Volcano right next to the main plaza in the oldest city of the American continent leaves to anybody a special feeling.
Want to vist Las Isletas, hike a volcano, take a tour of los pueblos blancos, take a canopy tour, go for a dip at nearby Laguna Apoyo? No problem! We gladly offer transportation assistance (flavio-exprrss) and recommendations and if you like, we'll make your arrangements for local tours with local english speaking guides or help you design your own exploration day! We're happy to give you our restaurant suggestions and some great wandering ideas.
Granada itself is a jewel. Relax on the main square, stroll around and than take a boat ride with bites and drinks, make a coffee tour on the Mombacho hills, a canopee adventure and so many oither things.
Every five minutes buses leave for Managua, a one hour drive. Price just one dollar. Taxis bring you everywhere at very reasonable prices. In the city a collective taxi brings you everywhere for just 30 dollar cents. Once a week a direct boat service connects Granada with the island Ometepe. There are daily buses to the neighboring countries and the largest of Nicaragua. There are daily flights to Liberia and Corn Island from Managua airport. We are happy to reserve your tickets.
Taxis are an affordable way of transportion between major cities. Costs will be in general lower than renting a car, paying your gazoline, insurance etcetera. In town you travel wherever by taxi for 10 cordobas, less than half a dollar a person.
If you come by own car, we will accompany you or you park yourself in a safe garage. The garage sosts just six dollars. Guarded parking only one dollar.
Arriving in Villa America should make you feel in heaven. No worries, nothing to arrange, you came to relax.
Other Things to Note
five types of abundantBreakfast a la carte from 5 to 10 dollars.
Welcome to Villa America Granada,
Oldest Town of the Americas on
We, Argentina and Robert give you a warm welcome. Our villa was previously known as Encuentros. It is next to Kelly’s Bar and half a block from Central Square. To make sure that your stay will be pleasant and to prevent any misunderstandings, please read the rules of our villa. When checking in, it is implied that you are familiar with and agree with them, and that you will fully adhere to them. Violation of house rules can result in the cancellation of the reservation, and charging the full amount of the price of the accommodation regardless of the shorter stay.
1. Phone: The phone number of the villa is (phone number hidden) in case of any inquiry or problem.
2. Help: The house staff is at your service during your stay for providing information and help. We highly appreciate ideas how to improve the service.
3. Staff: The staff can enter your room or apartment in your absence only for the purpose of cleaning the room and changing the bed linen, and when there is reason to believe that your room or the guest is in danger or that the internal rules are being seriously violated.
4. Internet: There is free internet in the whole house. The name is villaamerica and the password is mombacho.
5. Key: You get a key for your own room and the outside door, which is the iron door in front of the villa. Please leave it to the house staff or on your door when leaving. If you miss or loose keys you will be asked 25 dollars, being the costs of changing the door lock.
6. Breakfast: Breakfast is continental and abundant. You get fresh tropical juices, wholemeal bread, marmalade, peanut butter, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, milk, eggs at your choice. If you have special wishes, please let us know. Breakfast is each day from 7 am to 10 am. If you have an early flight we can prepare at request and no extra charge the night before some sandwich and drinks to take away.
7. Water: Two bottles of water will be left in your minibar and is for free. You may refill empty bottles for (email hidden).
8. Security: Nicaragua is considered as th safest country of Central America. Like everywhere you should consider the fact that this is a poor country, where people see in theft or fraud a possible way out. Carrying expensive camera’s, purses, leaving valuables in unattended cars is giving an unnecessary opportunity to thieves. Please take after dark taxis (10 cordoba only for each person) from your bar or restaurant towards home. Avoid thus armed robbery in dark streets outside city center. Right in the heart of the center this is not necessary. Our house is known as Encuentros, next to Kellys’s Bar ( al lado di Kelly’s Bar) is in the center, but after 11 pm, you are always advises to use the cheap taxis as a safe mean of transportation. Never walk after dark along the coast of the lake.. Numerous robberies, some violent have taken place here and even sexual rape. Take always a taxi.
9. Parking: If you have any car, you may leave it safely in front of the villa, but this is at own risk. Although we do it ourselves, we advise you to leave it under the eyes of a parking guard, stationed in front of Garden Café. You pay 20 cordobas for each night. You can also leave it in front oth San Franciscan church, where you pay as well 20 cordobas each night to the guard in charge. Pay already inn the evening and ask to watch. Tell them Argentina de Encuentros.
10. Room Cleaning: The house will change your bed linen and towels daily. The bed linen and the towels are included in the price of the daily rent of the room or apartment.
11. Extras: All other special services ordered or used during the stay, such as telephone, mini-bar expenses, laundry or ironing are paid separately.
12. Laundry and Ironing: You can have your laundry washed and ironed by load of max 5 kilo, not by piece. 5 kilo means 25 t-shirts for example. Should be enough for two persons. Price of washing and drying one load is 5 dollar. Ironing all items costs you an extra 5 dollars. At the end of your stay you pay for any laundry or ironing service.
13. Paid access for friends: You may bring friends inside the house asking permission and paying an additional 10 dollars. They will be given a towel and may make use of the pool.
14. Check Out time: At the day of the departure, you are required to leave the room until 12:00 am so that it can be cleaned and prepared for other guests coming after you. Late check out, until 14.00 is possible if requested and if the room is not immediatedly needed.
15. Late check Out: With prior announcement and in case of late evening flight, you can keep the room until 20:00 with additional 50% payment, or after 20.00 by paying the full amount of daily rent.
16. Transportation: If you need any transportation let us know. We recommend Flavio Express, a reliable transportation company to pick you up from the airport or bring you around. Flavio Express has two English speaking drivers, has reliable sedans (upto 4 persons and limited luggage) and minibuses (upto 12 persons). All cars are with airco and as passenger you are insured. Amon the tend rievrs, there two English speaking drivers. All rentals are including gasoline and driver. If you stay overnight expenses of driver have to be paid additionally. Some price-examples at 20th of August will show the completive rates of this company: pick up rate from or to airport 40 dollars, to or from San Jorge (Ometepe) 50 dollars, to/or San Juan 60 dollars, to or from Managua 40 dollars, 4 hour rental inclusive mileage (upto 100 km) 35 dollars, 8 hour rental including mileage 55 dollars (including 150 km). You may reserve yourself through (phone number hidden). We recommend for reasons of clear communication that you let us make the reservation.
17. Night rest: From 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. is the period of night rest, so don’t disturb other guests. We ask each guest to be careful and do not produce noise that can bother other guests.
18. Use of Electricity: When leaving the room, close the door and switch off all electric appliances.
19. Pool rules: Using the pool is for your responsibility. The depth is between 1 meter 40 and 2.00 meters. Children are only allowed in the pool under surveillance of their parents. It is obligatory to take the pool shower before entering the pool. If you have any skin disease, you are not allowed to enter the pool. You should always wear swimming suit. The pool gets every day cleaned. The pool can be used between 7 am and 9 pm.
20. Recommended change-office: In front of our house you find a change office with the best rates for your dollars and euros. The service is 100% reliable. We don’t recommend changing on street corners with unknown moneychangers.
21. ATM: You may get cash from several ATM machines in banks like BAC and Banpro. Bancentro only accepts Visacards in het ATM-machines.
22. Recommended restaurants: We recommend highly Garden Café for breakfast, lunch, dinner (being our guest you will get a discount of 10%) and a drink. We recommend Camello (Middle Eastern and Far Eastern food), Pizzaiol (Italian and Middle Eastern food), Mona Lisa (Italian food), Café de los Suenos (healthy food), Hacienda, Zaghuan (expensive) and Claraboya (Nicaraguan and steak restaurants) for lunch and dinner. You may also go to the Garage (healthy food), which is however out of the center.
23. Recommended Night Life: For evening life we highly recommend Weekend Beach Club, the best Club of Nicaragua. Always use taxis getting there and leaving. Never walk along the beach in the evening or night.
24. No smoking: Smoking is discouraged, around the pool and the kitchen. If you like to smoke in the villa, you are only allowed so in the smoking area of the first patio, where you find comfortable seating corners.
25. Damage: The guest who causes damage to house property on purpose or by accident will have to make restitution for the full amount of damage.
26. Strangers to the Villa: You are welcome to bring persons who are not users of accommodation to the room or the villa, but please ask permission and pay ten dolalrs for using the pool and accommodation extra.
27. Forbidden Objects: You are not allowed to carry easily inflammable and explosive objects, and materials with a strong or unpleasant smell into the apartment or room. Moreover, it is forbidden to carry any electric appliances into the apartment (hot plates and the like), except those for intimate hygiene (shaver, toothbrush, hair-dryer).
28. Drug policy: There is a zero tolerance policy against any drug. If you are seen smoking or using any drug, your accommodation will be cancelled immediately.
29. Prostitution: In the villa there is zero tolerance towards sexual workers, be it male or female. In case of doubt people, whom are suspected to be sexual workers, can be refused entry, even if the guest is willing to pay their entrance to the house and pool.
30. No reimbursement in case of violation of house rules: In case the house cancels accommodation to the guest because of violation of internal rules, the guest will have to pay the total amount for accommodation during the reserved period, regardless of the shorter stay.
Have a good stay!!! Sorry to impose some rules, but experience tells us to do so avoiding misunderstanding.
We did not get a chance to meet Argentina and Robert during our stay, but were warmly welcomed and supported by Eduardo during our entire stay. The Parador Granada is an oasis in Granada. It is in the center of town, but has two wonderful courtyards for relaxing. the rooms are quite spacious. The breakfast was quite good, and served at a community table...so you had a chance to meet other guest (if you wanted). They also have a travel agent (Pablo) right in the Parador that provides excellent service and prices for local tours. The Parador is just next door to a very popular and noisy bar. If you don't select a room with air conditioning (Granada can be quite warm), the noise could be a problem for sensitive sleepers. All of the rooms have private baths, but they aren't all en-suite. It that matters to you, ask when you make your reservation. Overall...we highly recommend the Parador and would stay there again.
Robert was very responsive and even helped coordinate a taxi from the Ometepe ferry and also to the airport. This place is close to El Centro and many other attractions in Granada. I loved keeping cool in the hammocks by the pool, and was even served a free happy hour mojito! Thank you for the great stay!
I loved this place, it's gorgeous. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.
A pity that we didn't go together on the lake with some drinks. For me as well the perfect moment to relax. Next time...but why didn't we do this... we should always enjoy the day when she appears so nice to us... no excuse...next time soon...Robert
Villa America is a hidden gem tucked within the center of downtown Granada. The open air patios and large spaces captured both the local style and the comforts of home. The location was perfect, an easy walk to many bars and restaurants. Robert and the staff were both welcoming and extremely helpful. He arranged for my pick up from the airport, as well as, other day trips in the area. A gracious staff served hot breakfast everyday and operated the bar in the evenings. I would recommend Villa America to anyone looking for an intimate, authentic experience in Granada.
Argentina and Robert were very welcoming. Robert was great to talk to, and had so many interesting stories. Whatever topic we discussed, it seemed he had made a film about that exact topic. The staff working at Villa America are also kind and helpful with anything that we needed.
Our room was large, clean, quiet and comfortable. 4 ceiling fans provide ample air flow. There were a few burnt out lightbulbs, and the shower is not great, but who really cares about that... there's a beautiful pool steps from the door!
Breakfast was delicious, and it was nice to sit at a big table and chat with the owners, guests and staff in the mornings.
We brought our 7 month old baby with us to Nicaragua, and Villa America was our first stop. It was a little nerve-wracking to travel with a baby at first, but staying at Villa America quickly eased those nerves.
Hi Caroline, first pif all we change the light bulbs.but little Simon didn't tell me anything...we miss him already with his smiler and eyes full opt curiosity. A real world explorer. But we are sure to see you him back soon, as all of you. Be welcome.
This host has 91 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Argentina And Robert
Una pura optimista. No road too difficult. Easycoming, easygoing. I am a filmmaker, my wife studies law. We are a mix of cultures, living under a volcano, full optimism, always looking ahead. We are always curious and like to meet people,as every meeting means a possible partnership. Together being different is our slogan. Granada our place, has a special place in our hearts. It is the oldest town of the firm continent of the Americas. A place with a rich history, being always open to people from far away. Be welcome here! We speak English, Spanish, Italian, german, French, Dutch, a little bit of Turkish, Arabic, Slovenian nd even Russian. Charaso, Dobrodosli, Hos Geldiniz, Wilkommen, Welkom.