About this listing
Envision studio feel's like a big "Eye" - the window to caldera bay view you will adore! The studio has organic and minimalistic look. Naturally cool, comfortably fits two and has breathtaking views to the Aegean. Ten minutes' walk from Fira town.
One double bedroom, kitchenette and a cave room shower-room. The studio has minimalistic look.
Studio for 2 ppl. with breathtaking view from the bed & also from the spacious terrace! Imagine the view being 250meters above sea level, on top of the unique volcanic caldera circular island, looking out at the spectacular crater island "Kameni".
The studio has apart from the double bedroom, a kitchenette and a round cave bathroom. Out in the big shared terrace sun-beds and dinning aria available with unblocked spectacular «caldera» views and amazing sunset!
Interaction with Guests
Discrete interaction with guests. Hostess is around premises twice a day and online 24/7.
Easy access to all amenities, including the local market for shopping, fresh fish and local products and many some of the islands best restaurants for eating out.
Just 2 min from the studio is Mylos bar, Ginger sushi restaurant, il Cantuccio italian and Akti traditional Greek tavern and many more. Just 10 min walk to Fira town there are 3-4 night clubs, many bars and restaurants. So you needn't drive at night. All walking distance near the center yet not in the panic of the town!
Hot Spots to Visit:
1) Akrotiri area & walk around ancient 3 storey's high Prehistoric buildings!!
2) Prehistoric Museum and try to picture the houses, the furniture and the marvelous wall-paintings...
3) Ancient Thera town where king Thera’s reigned
4) famous Oia village sunset at the castle
5) Venetian Pyrgos village
6) wineries to learn the secrets of exquisite aromas
7) Swim in Perissa black volcanic beach or discover the red beach & get to know why Santorini is voted the No1 destination worldwide!
There is frequent bus schedule during summertime with destination to all points of interest on the island. The big parking lot in Firostefani is free, is only 2min from studio. From the harbor of "Athinios" or the airport of Santorini you need to come to:
St. Gerasimos church in "Firostefani" village
Once in front of the church, turn towards the Caldera bay with the spectacular view.
1. Start descending down the steps towards «Manos small world» hotel and pass it,
2. When you see Agali hotel’s door turn LEFT then pass the 4 big palm tree’s house and it is just the next house the green door to your Left!
Other Things to Note
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and bring a light jacket or a windbreaker. It tends to get chilly after sunset. Cobblestone traditional paths and steps in all villages, high heels might damage your feet. All clean linen and towels are provided! As well as local "Nychteri" welcome wine, water, orange juice and filter coffee. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
• Water is precious, there are no natural springs on this island. Tap WATER is desalination water from sea water. It cannot cause you any infection but it contains too much salt. It is advised to drink bottled mineral water.
• Santorini has a delicate sewage system, please do not flush any toilet paper or rubbish, use the special bin provided. Waste bin is just next to the toilet, It may sound odd but last year a guest flushed underwear and expect it to miraculously disappear! Naturally it created a blockage that took two days to fix! Help us keep the sewage system running!
• For HOT water please pull up the ‘BOILER’ levier [RED light ON], wait for max 20 min then turn it OFF & you are ready to take a hot shower!
• SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED INDOORS.
• Towels and sheets are to be used only in your studio. Please do not take them to the beach. It requires double the amount of energy and washing powder to clean them of the salt water and sand.
I am a graphic designer most of my life among other creative paths.
Sensyo Home is a big part of my life that I want to share.
It is a blessing to share all this natural beauty!
I was working from Sensyo home the first 3 years and comparing my creativity to when I lived in the big city of Athens, where I lived and worked until 2008, I was multiple times productive and efficient!
I am blessed to live in such a beautiful place. Living in a traditional cave home is an experience. I have stayed in all 4 units the past 7 years and I do have many stories to tell about the "cave" effect & the rejuvenating sleep one has in a cave!
Sensyo Home name was inspired by the word senses…
Each unit has a unique identity that reflects onto one particular sense:
"Envision" the eye - window to caldera
"Cocoon" the touch - round like a big hag
"Soundscape" the ear - waking up to chirping birds
"Gravitate" - for the sense we take for granted - you sleep so heavily, you think parts of you are falling off
The "round" shapes and the fact that you are underground automatically set you in another scenery. You feel protection from the intense sun, wind or cold the moment you step into the cave.
The scenery here helps you focus and has intense energy. Most visitors simply fall in love with it and want to come again and again. Let alone the history of the island going back 36 hundrend years!
Sharing is powerful, we are blessed to live on this beautiful island and blessed to have all this love from travellers across the continent.
You and your loved ones are more than welcome to share!