Our remodeled home is situated in the center of the city next to golden gate park. Delicious restaurants are a short walk. We are also a short bus ride to the beach, downtown, golden gate bridge. Enjoy our comfortable and well designed house.
* Home of a San Francisco interior designer, this charming, sunny, single family house is stylish, comfortable and clean. It feels like a beach house-- light and airy with a great open layout, full of eclectic, European design elements.
* This recently remodeled Victorian home has 2 Bedrooms with 3 beds and 1.5 Baths. It's located in the Inner Richmond neighborhood, steps away from Golden Gate Park.
* Master Bedroom has a king size, organic, tempur pedic memory foam mattress that feels heavenly. It also has two empty dressers.
* Second bedroom has a full and a queen.
* Shower over tub configuration in full bathroom with new Toto toilet, new vanity and newly refinished Douglas Fir flooring. A hairdryer, towels, tissue paper and hand soap are also provided.
* Powder room off the kitchen is new.
* Family Room and Living Room both have comfortable Quatrine sofas and loads of creative, designer touches.
* Piano in dining room/family room.
* TV in dining room/family room with DVD player
* Dining room has French farm table that seats 8 people. Custom kitchen island seats 6.
* LG Washing Machine and Dryer in garage
* Fully equipped remodeled Kitchen with gas range, dishwasher, beautiful carrara marble counter, microwave, and custom eat-in kitchen island with amazing wood top. Cookware and a French press coffee maker are also provided.
* The newly carpeted, warm sunroom overlooks verdant gardens and is a great spot for morning yoga.
* Access to the backyard is down the stairs in the sunroom.
* Includes free and easy driveway parking as well as free street parking, up to two hours during the weekday.
* Free WIFI
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
* This home is centrally located - 100 meters from Golden Gate Park and all its treasures - The de Young Museum, The Academy of Science, Botanical/Japanese Tea Garden, Conservatory of Flowers, Blue Playground, Stowe Lake, Outside Lands Festival entrance, etc.
* 10 minute bus ride to the beach.
* 10 minute bus ride to Golden Gate Bridge.
* 25 minute bus ride to Downtown.
* Walking distance to Golden Gate Park, Haight Ashbury, 9th and Irving Shops and restaurants and Clement Street with the Sunday farmer's market and loads of affordable restaurants as well as destination restaurants.
* Safeway is four blocks away
* Really good Coffee shop is 11 blocks away
* Yoga studio on the block.
* Safe, quiet street with friendly neighbors
* Bus Stop is 100 meters away.
Entire home and laundry machine/dryer in the basement.
Interaction with Guests
As much as needed
We are a short walk to the DeYoung art museum in Golden Gate Park, and all of the other splendors of this wonderful park. Our neighborhood is the shortest gateway to the Golden Gate Bridge and the sites north of San Francisco like Marin, Napa, Sonoma, Muir Woods, etc. Yet, you are still near all the top city destinations. You can walk to shops and restaurants in the Inner Sunset neighborhood-- 9th and Irving Street to the South and the eclectic restaurants and shops of Clement Street, to the North. Balboa Street, just a few blocks away, has several great restaurants too.
1/2 block to the bus lines.
****House Rules and Check-Out Instructions****
Welcome! Please read over the house rules and check-out instructions. We hope you have a wonderful stay in San Francisco and enjoy our comfortable, lovely home.
Thank you for respecting our house rules:
1. No smoking
2. No shoes in the house (Kindly remove your shoes at the front door. Having a shoe-less house helps keep it nice and clean for all to enjoy.)
3. No pets (The owners have terrible pet allergies so this is very important)
Check-out time is at 10am. Prior to the check-out, please do the following:
1.Remove all sheets from beds.
After getting out of bed in the morning, please strip all the beds and place the sheets only in the washing machine in the garage. Start the wash with laundry soap and a small amount of bleach set on the warm water cycle. Please bring the laundry basket with towels to the garage and leave that near the washing machine.
2.Remove all food items you brought.
Please remove all food items you brought from the refrigerator, freezer, pantry, kitchen counter, etc.
(website hidden) trash in outside bins.
Place all trash from inside the entire house in the trash bins located outside at the front of the house. Kitchen trash bags are located underneath the kitchen sink. Bathroom trash bags are under the bathroom sink vanity. Please place new bags on the bins.
4.Thursday night guests.
If you are occupying the house on a Thursday, please roll the trash bins approximately 5 yards to the curb on Thursday evening. Trash pick-up is early Friday morning.
5.Please leave the home in the same condition it was when you arrived.
The sofas are slipcovered so if there are any accidents or spills please place the cushion covers in the wash right away with bleach.
6.Check-out is 10am the day you are leaving. The cleaners come at 10am to get the house ready for our next guests, arriving in the afternoon.
Thank You! We hope you have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!
The reservation was canceled 8 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The reservation was canceled 23 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
La casa de Steve nos resulto muy comoda y todo ha funcionado muy bien. Solamente un dia no ha funcionado el WIFI, pero Steve se preocupo y lo ha solucionado al otro dia. Salvo ese pequeño desperfecto, no tuvimos inconvenientes. El barrio es muy tranquilo y para nosotros que tenemos 2 hijos pequeños fue muy placentero. La casa es tal cual se la ve en el anuncio. Quedamos muy conformes con la experiencia.
This is a great house!! Stylishly appointed and and furnished. Pictures and descriptions are all accurate and the home will exceed your expectations. It's a block from the De Young Museum and the Park, its a few blocks to all the restaurants on Clement. One single bus takes you all the way downtown. Location is killer and hosts Jenna and Steve are relaxed and super easy to deal with. We would definitely go back!
The short version: pay very close attention to the photos. This is a two bedroom listing but at the time I rented, it was listed as 3. Last I checked it is now listed correctly although the picture captions are still misleading (“Master” bedroom photo is of the second bedroom).
Steve was difficult to reach through our stay, and the internet didn't work for the first 3 days. In spite of all of this, the house is a very nice one in a quiet residential part of SF.
A more detailed account of my frustrations follows: In an attempt to get my family together for the holidays I did a search and filtered by 3 bedrooms with space to sleep five people. I looked at the map, chose the one closest to where I live, noted good feedback and booked.
My failure to see that the pictures did not match the description, and moreover my failure to document and report this once my family had already flown in from all over, evidently means that it is my responsibility that we ended up unceremoniously throwing both of my married siblings into a single room.
Another frustration point was spending the first few days without internet access. If you should find yourself in this situation, I encourage you to lodge a complaint immediately through the official channels as otherwise you will probably lack the required documentation later.
This is not so unlikely, as in our case we waited overnight for response from Steve on more than one occasion. And in those cases where we did connect, I seem to have made the foolish mistake of treating the interaction as a well intention-ed one rather than making sure I would be sufficiently protected in the event of a later dispute.
When we arrived, the check-in instructions indicated that we should expect a visit from some assistant of Steve’s to walk through and verify that all is well. In retrospect this seems like a cleverly engineered method to make sure that complaints aren’t lodged within the encouraged 24 hours as naive people like myself may make the mistake of waiting first for the assistant to never show up, and then wait again for a response from the host before attempting to escalate, by which time it is already too late.
I understand now that this whole process should be treated in a much more transactional way than I had realized at the outset. Promises of some sort of friendly sharing-minded experience seem to me more like a polite fiction to get one in the door. If something, anything, goes wrong, complain early and in writing. Never admit a willingness to make do, even if you have an abundance of good reasons to prefer spending your holiday with your family than documenting and submitting complaints. Any delay on your part to begin this process is a signal you are willing to accept any mistreatment that is coming to you. Good luck.
We've hosted a lot of families with raving reviews. But, I'm sorry that Russell did not have the same experience. I was away in Tahoe with no cell service and could not address his wifi internet issue. Comcast had issues due to the storm. In terms of the # of rooms, our home is a 2 bedroom with 4 beds and can accommodate up to 6 people. I have learned from this experience and will strive to provide the best hospitality.
The house was perfect for our 4 day Thanksgiving trip. As advertised, it was beautifully decorated (credit to Steve's designer wife) and very homey. We hosted a small Thanksgiving dinner, entertained different visitors and had one of my daughter's sorority sisters one night. Everyone who saw the house raved about it. Easy access to Golden Gate Park, the Golden Gate Bridge from a nice neighborhood.
We stayed in San Francisco for a work conference last week. I shared Steve's place with a work colleague. It was just as had been described, a lovely home in an excellent area. We were a very short cab ride down into the centre and there is a bus that is at the end of the street if that is easier for you.
The house is immaculate and the hosts provided us with plenty of tips for places to eat etc.
We also borrowed two bikes from Steve one afternoon and went over the Golden Gate Bridge, which is a must.
I would highly recommend this property, town and these hosts.
Thanks very much.