CasaDiBianca is a quiet sunlit apartment. It is a short walk to Teatro Massimo and behind the Palace of Justice in “Il Capo” Market, the historical and central district of Palermo.
The area is numbered among the most colorful and evocative in the city. It is ideal for both business and pleasure trips, being in the heart of the city. The place is well served by public transport, close to the shopping streets and monuments of the town, with its streets full of pubs and restaurants.
The apartment is large about 80 square meters, on two levels, and is located on the 4th and last floor of a modern building completely refurbished. Downstairs there are a living room with tv, dvd, a double bedroom with air conditioning, a bathroom with shower, a washing machine and two small balconies. Upstairs there is a spacious living area with a sofa/bed and a modern and equipped kitchen. There is also access to a rooftop terrace. It has a marvelous view on the roofs of the old Palermo.
The apartment is equipped with free internet access (wifi and LAN), digital terrestrial television and air conditioning and comes fully furnished, equipped and complete with linen and towels, and kitchen utensils.
Il soggiorno minimo è di una notte. Il rimborso integrale è previsto 5 giorni prima della data di arrivo.
Minimum stay one night. Full refund five days after your arrival.
Andrea est venu nous chercher en voiture à notre arrivée en bus, il nous a ensuite accompagné jusqu'à l'appartement en nous donnant les premières informations nécessaires à notre séjour. Andrea a été très accueillant et chaleureux avec nous, l'appartement est très bien situé, en plein centre, juste à côté d'un marché, mais au calme, ce qui est assez extraordinaire et très agréable. Vivement recommandé !
Merci Andrea !
Mélanie et Raphaël
Andrea was the best possible host. He picked us up at the bus stop, he introduced us to the neighbourhood and pointed out a few places we had to visit before leaving Palermo. He was always available when needed. The house is a delight and the nearby market is a gem.
I can't wait to go Palermo. Thank you Andrea!
L'appartement est propre, très chaleureux bien situé. Un lieu plein de charme dans un quartier vivant et coloré.
Un grand merci à Chiara pour l'accueil.
Die Casa die Bianca ist wirklich zentral gelegen und es sind nur ein paar Schritte zum Markt, auf dem man alles für den täglichen Bedarf erhält. Die Wohnung ist so wie beschrieben, es lässt sich gut kochen und sie ist geräumig.
Während unseres Aufenthaltes hatten wir sowohl einen Wasserausfall (was die gesamte Altstadt betraf) als auch die Gasflasche für die Heizung musste ausgetauscht werden. Chiara, eine Freundin von Andrea, die unsere Ansprechpartnerin war, da Andrea verreist war, war umgehend erreichbar und hat sich um alles gekümmert. Auch hat sie uns beim Ankommen mit dem Auto abgeholt, was aufgrund der etwas versteckten Lage der Wohnung super war.
Die Kommunikation mit Andrea im Vorfeld war sehr unkompliziert.
Ich kann die Casa die Bianca also nur weiterempfehlen.
– An AMAZING space with a really creative feel to it that is both modern and functional.
– The large area situated on two levels, makes this a very habitable environment and one in which it is easy to feel at home. This space “feels” lived-in – and not just a “rental”.
– The kitchen is excellently equipped with large, bright workspaces that are easy to clean and maintain.
– A very “social” space – with its top roof-terrace – it is easy to enjoy a sundown aperitif whilst overlooking the city.
– “Arrival” welcome was admirably undertaken by the host’s appointee who communicated everything there was to be known about the apartment as well as where and what to see in the City.
– One of the best spaces in which I have had the pleasure of being hosted: its a shame that there are not more facilities of this class, aesthetic quality and overall design excellence on the AirB&B books.
– Solid Front Door – good security.
– Interesting area with a street market for buying local produce.
– Most of what is worth seeing can be accessed by foot over a day and a 10 > 12 Km walk.
– The Lighting – With everything else in the space so “class-and-cool", it is unfortunate that the various light fittings do not support the “master aesthetic". I’m all for energy conservation: but in this case those unromantic fluo curly-wig bulbs are both ugly and lacking in empathy. Consideration could possibly be given to this as it seriously detracts from the otherwise overall amazing effect.
– The Shower: the lack of space makes every visit a contortionists exercise
– Parking. If it CAN be found, freely available in the street about 250m away from the flat – which is in a walking-only zone part of the Old City.
– Fourth floor – though there is a rachitic Cargo Lift available: when it works. With a temperament of its own, it may – or may not – (eventually) even come when called.
– Heating provided by a reverse AC/Heater unit and a couple of LPG-fired reflective heaters. Only modestly sufficient during winters for this apartment – which comes into its own, after all, as primarily a "Summer Affair”.
– The Electricity supply: I had to shlep down the four flights of stairs 3 times in 40 hours to turn the Electricity back on at the fuse box. Something not too right, there.
• Would I recommend this space..?
An absolutely resounding “YES”.
Andrea is a most amazing host, the best I have so far on airbnb. He is friendly, and very kind and does not mind going out of his way to make sure you have a wonderful stay in Palermo. He is a wonderful example of the warmth and kindness that Southern Italians are known for when it comes to hospitality. The apartment itself is beautiful with two wonderful terraces and a great layout. It is very clean and well decorated and has multiple heaters to keep you warm in the winter months. The area is very authentic Palermo, in a very local area where you can feel as tho you are from there rather then just a tourist. I always felt safe in the location of the apartment and thought Palermo is a very nice city. It is walking distance to everything you'd want to see.
I enjoyed my time in this apartment and would recommend it.
Appartamento delizioso e funzionale in una zona strategica: tutta Palermo è a portata di piede! Per chi ci arriva in auto, c'è un parcheggio gratuito vicinissimo. E poi, fare la spesa al mercato del Capo è un'esperienza! Grazie Andrea, alla prossima.
This host has 14 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews