About this listing
Wake up to the sound of parrots overlooking the rainforest in scenic Pichinlingue (Pirate´s) Bay in Acapulco! 3 bedroom, 3 bath recenly renovated 2 floor apartment, with large open partially covered terrace, jacuzzi, sofas and a wetbar on the upper floor, and living/dinning room plus kitchen on the lower floor. Counts with a separate service room with its own bathroom. Rate incudes hotel type service. Small 6 unit complex incudes common areas that counts with a swimming pool and a Japanese style outdoor grill.
The apartment has its own swimming pool as part of the common areas, as well as a private jacuzzi on our upstairs terrace.
The beach in front of the Princess Hotel is probably the best option, and is a 10 minute drive away. You can rent a small awning for about $300 pesos for a full day.
Access to the Camino Real Hotel with is pools and private beach, which is within the development where our apartment is, implies a minimum consumption of $600 pesos per day per adult and $300 pesos per child, in food or drinks, to use the pool and beach. You can use them to have either breakfast or lunch at the hotel and use the facilities, or snack by the pool or beach.
Another alternative is the Puerto Marques beach, which is also a 10 minute drive. You can sit at one of the little restaurants there and enjoy the beach. It is not as fancy, but can be an alternative. Probably all you would have to buy are some drinks and maybe some snacks.
There are two major supermarkets, a Wal Mart and a Comercial Mexicana, just across from the entrance to the Princess Hotel area on the main road, or costera, that leads to the airport. They are also 10 minutes from the apartment. Both supermarkets are within commercial areas with banks, starbucks, a movie theatre, and all sorts of stores. There is also a real nice upscale mall called La Isla that is further towards the airport and which is really nice to walk around in and has nice restaurants and a movie theatre as well.
You can travel to Acapulco by air or by first class bus service departing from the southern bus terminal in Mexico City. If using the bus, take the Estrella de Oro line to the Acapulco Diamante terminal. Take a taxi from the airport or bus terminal to the Camino Real Hotel, and the apartment is in the same gated community just before the hotel, in a small development named Villa Catita.
You can also drive from Mexico City on a four lane, divided toll road that takes about four to five hours. At the main toll booth approaching Acapulco, take the detour to the Airport and Acapulco Diamante. When you arrive at the main drag, or Costera, take a right turn towards Puerto Marques. Pass Puerto Marques and continue straight along the Escenica highway. Watch for the turn off to the right for the Camino Real Hotel about half way up the hill. Tell the guards at the gate that you are going to Villa Catita.
All guests are obligated to follow the following rules, with the purpose of helping to keep the facilities in good shape and to contribute to the harmony of the complex.
1. The use of the facilities of the complex are only for owners and their guests.
2. Proper bathing suits are required to use the swimming pool. Towels must be White, blue or striped in both colors
3. Only plastic glasses and dishware may be used in the area near the swimming pool
4. It is forbidden to introduce into the swimming pool chairs, cushions, benches, etc. Nor is it allowed to take common area furniture into the individual apartments.
5. The lawn chairs cannot be saved without being used for prolonged periods of time, and always should be used with a towel. The maintenance staff is authorized to remove towels and other objects that have been placed to save chairs, tables or other furniture in the common areas.
6. Babies are not allowed to use the pool without special diapers for this activity.
7. Pool hours need to be respected (8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
8. Service personnel are not allowed to use the pool and any security guards must remain outside of the common areas
9. Garbage must be placed in plastic bags that are tied shut in the appropriate dumpsters. They must not be left in hallways or in the parking areas.
10. Please don´t throw trash or other objects in the exterior and common areas.
11. Pets must be kept on a leash in the common areas and their waste must be picked up.
12. Clothes and towels cannot be hung from railings or placed in the terraces.
13. Loud music and rowdy games are not allowed in the pool and other common areas.
14. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the pool area.
15. Classes may be taken in the pool and common areas, as long as they don´t affect others.
16. Service personnel must wear an appropriate uniform
17. Any activity is forbidden that is illegal, disrupts the public order, or that is immoral or against good customs.
18. No smoking, eating or drinking within the pool.
19. Please only use the assigned parking space
20. Any damage to common areas will need to be replaced or paid by the person responsible.
Mis amigos y yo nos quedamos 3 días en el departamento de Kenneth, quien desde el principio fue amable y mantuvo un trato personal, atento y respetuoso durante nuestra estancia.
El departamento no sólo cumplió con nuestras expectativas sino que las superó: la ubicación es ideal, y el fraccionamiento donde se encuentra el departamento es privado y seguro, todas las comodidades necesarias para una estadía confortable fueron proporcionadas de forma suficiente y eficaz.
Los cuartos son cómodos, amplios y se encontraban limpios al momento de nuestro arribo, la cocina estaba abastecida de todo los utensilios necesarios para cocinar y poseía suficiente espacio de almacenamiento para nuestro super,un plus añadido es que la decoración del lugar es preciosa, ecléctica, ordenada y de toques orientales, además de que la terraza posee una vista magnífica de toda la bahía.
Reneé ,el encargado de mantemiento del área estuvo siempre al pendiente de nuestras necesidades sin ser invasivo , por lo que en verdad tuvimos una sensación de privacidad y pudimos disfrutar amplia mente de las instalaciones.
Si hay algo que señalar es que las regaderas tienen poco flujo de agua y por tanto cuesta trabajo enguajarse, no obstante dicho evento no disminuyó la excelentísima experiencia que nos llevamos al finalizar nuestro viaje, sin duda alguna es un lugar 100% recomendable.
La casa cumplió muy bien con las expectativas, la vista desde la terraza privada es maravillosa, se puede ver todo la zona de Acapulco Marquez y nos encantó, la recomiendo ampliamente. La zona está muy bien ubicada, es privada y segura. Tiene cerca zonas comerciales.
We had a great time in Acapulco and Kenneth's flat is just perfect. Specially the view from the terrace up to the sea is amazing! The caretaker René was always there for any questions and issues concerning the flat. And Kenneth was always very friendly and helpful with all questions we had (via mail/airnbnb).
Amazing! everything wonderful, the service, the facilities, beautiful apartment and the attention of Mr. Kenneth and all the team working there was perfect.
We highly recommend it...it is simply beautiful!!
About the Host, Kenneth
I am an educator involved in international schools for over 25 years. I was born and grew up in Mexico City and in California, and studied in Houston and in Philadelphia.
As a couple, we love to travel and explore new areas. Our vacation home reflects this, as it is decorated with objects that we have brought with us from our trips.