About this listing
GREAT LOCATION - AMAZING VIEWS AND SUNSETS
The apartment is in the heart of Vila Madalena, the nicest and safest district in São Paulo! The Subway, all the clubs, bars and trendy points in the city are a 10 minutes walk from here. Incredible opportunity!
The apartment has an amazing view of São Paulo. It has and a sundeck for sunbaths.
It has a new large fridge, water dispenser, stoves, coffee maker, fan, hot water everywhere, etc. You have your own router with fiberoptic, fast internet.
BEST LOCATION IN SAO PAULO:
Artistic house in the heart of Vila Madalena! The nicest district in SP! All the clubs, bars and trendy points in the city are a 10 minutes (maximum) walk from here. Incredible opportunity!
The house has a terrific view of Sao Paulo, is less than a 10 min walk from the Vila Madalena subway station, and a short walk to all the Vila Madalena bars, art galleries and night life.
It is perfect for a couple or a couple with a small child.
ECOLOGICAL, GREEN, SAFE AND QUITE:
You will have the entire third floor to yourself, with a fantastic view of Sao Paulo and complete privacy. The house is ecologically correct and was build intelligently:
- The entire house is very well illuminated, with natural ventilation.
- The rooms don't get too hot, nor too cold, as their roof have a 50cm garden layer to insulate (no Air Conditioning needed).
- The house has hot and cold water everywhere and is 100% solar powered.
- The house is extremely safe, with an electric fence, camera system and alarm.
- The house is surprisingly quite for an urban context as it is facing out of São Paulo.
- There are many parks nearby to take a walk or meditate.
- Since you are on the third floor, you'll have the best view of Sao Paulo, but also have to be prepared to take a few extra stairs... :)
- IMPORTANT: the house does not have handicapped access.
VERY BRAZILIAN, UNIQUE AND ARTISTIC:
This place was build by an artist, who likes nature, the great view and the carefully chosen location. You will have complete privacy, the place is very quite and ideal for creative work. And still, it is within walking distance to Brazil's hippest bars, art galleries and general night live (see below).
The third floor consists of one master bed room with an integrated bathroom (and much closet space), one complete and equipped kitchen (fridge, freezer, oven, stove, etc.) and one fully equipped laundry room (washer, dryer, hangers and additional shower) and all surrounded by a larger garden with sitting area (breakfast area, sling and garden shower).
The master bedroom has a suspended king size bed (futon) and additional mattresses, if you have a larger group. There is one complete bathroom (together with the master bedroom), one additional shower in the garden and one in the washing room. There is also an additional toilet on the ground floor, if needed.
The kitchen is fully furnished for any cooking needs and the laundry room is fully equipped for you to wash your own cloths, which you can use without any restrictions. There is a garage for up to two cars. If you have any problems, you can call our maintenance.
DECKS FOR SUNBATHING AND GREAT VIEW:
The garden and deck: Great for sunbathing or you can sit outside at night with a 270% view of one of the biggest cities in the world, sipping on a caipirinha or a glass of wine. Don't miss the tropical very colorful sunsets!
The house has a very friendly caretaker (Marinho), who resolves almost anything. If you have any language difficulties you can always talk to the first floor staff, a very nice Japanese/Brazilian video producer, who will kindly assist you. Enjoy your stay and make the most out of it!
The weekly or monthly rate is prorated across a guest's entire stay. For example, the cost of a 10 night stay will be calculated using 10 x (weekly rate / 7).
The house gets professionally cleaned and disinfected, all sheets and towels are exchanged and washed at boiling temperatures and all dishes re-washed by professionals, after each guest.
- Broadband internet point with router inside apartment (all fiber optics)
- Camera Surveillance
- Electric Fence
Full equipped kitchen. The laundry room is shared with the other floors and has a washer and dryer. Possible overnight and short-term parking, subject to availability.
Interaction with guests
Usually I interact and respond quickly through AirBnB, email, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or cell phone. There is a housekeeper, who lives behind the building for any emergencies. He can be reached using the interfone inside the apartment, dialing 22 or you can call him at: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), which can also be setup for (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN).
Vila Madalena is without any doubts the best neighborhood in São Paulo. It reflects Brazil's way of enjoying life. It is full of cultural events and sparkles with bohemian nightlife.
SURROUNDED BY RESTAURANTS AND BARS:
The house is very central, close to the Vila Madalena Subway station, next to many bus stations and surrounded by many taxi stands. There are local bakeries, coffee shops, bars, restaurants, all walking distance, most of them considered the best of Brazil! My favorite is Chez Vivi (very fancy and a bit expensive, but perfect to take your loved one for a special occasion) and 101 Cervejas Nacionais (where you will be find most Brazilian beers and many international brands for an accessible price and long explanations by the owner). Both are half a block from the house. Don't forget to visit the most bohemian bar (Mercearia Sao Pedro), which is two blocks away. If you alone, just grab a beer, stand on the side walk and start talking to any stranger. Most people speak English. If you walk further downhill, you'll get the super-crowded and crazy Vila Madalena crowds (about 3-4 blocks down), where you also find excellent restaurants! For vegetarians, you have a ver economic place 1min away (Restaurante Cereal Brasil) and a very economic bakery with great breakfasts (Padaria Rodesia), both on Rua Rodesia. The bakery also delivers food, including readymade meals. (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) Vila Madalena for more info.
(Wikipedia description of the neighborhood):
Vila Madalena is a upper middle class neighborhood of the Pinheiros district in the western part of the city of São Paulo, Brazil. The neighborhood is known for its bustling nightlife, and its history as a center of São Paulo bohemian culture and art. The neighborhood is filled with dozens of art galleries and studios, an eclectic mix of restaurants and bars and also boasts a series of impressive graffiti-covered streets and alleys.
10 minute walk from the Vila Madalena subway station (Green Line). There are many bus stops within 100 meters. There are several 24 hour taxi stands nearby and their phone numbers are listed at the entrance.
Metro: Green Line to Vila Madalena station:
- walk to the end of the bus terminal (about 50 meters)
- take a right on Rua Marinho Falcao for about 100 meters (including a few stairs through a corner park)
- take a right on Rua Harmonia and go all the way to Rua Rodesia (about 500 meters)
- take a right on Rua Rodesia and go to Rua Girassol (one block, less than 100 meters)
- take a right on Rua Girassol and you'll find the house half a block down on your left (less than 100 meters)
- take the 701A bus and get out at the Harmonia/Rodesia stop (ask the driver or collector)
- follow Rua Rodesia to the right of the bus stop and go to Rua Girassol (one block, less than 100 meters)
- take a right on Rua Girassol and you'll find the house half a block down on your left (less than 100 meters)
There are several Taxi stand nearby:
Girassol: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Harmonia: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Natingui: ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) - This one accepts debit and credit cards and is good choice for airport runs. Inquire if they accept your card and try to close a fixed price to the airport.
We do have bikes, that can be used by the guest.
From here you are five minutes away of São Paulo largest Ciclovia network (Faria Lima to Parque Vila Lobos and the Rio Pinheiros stretch all the way to Interlagos, following the river).
Access it through Mariginal Pinheiros, if you come from the beaches. If from come through Marginal Tiete, take Ave Sumaré.
Other things to note
The house is full of gardens and very artistic. It is also very quite, considering that it is in the middle of Vila Madalena and its busy nightlife. For long term renters can be used to cultivate lettuce, tomatoes or spices, which are planted there.
We have a bicycle, which can be rented for exploring the area by bike. There are several ciclovias close by (up to 42km cycling trails). The fee is USD 10/day, including lock + a USD 200 security deposit, which will be refunded upon return.
There are two parking spaces, which can be rented separately and only for short term guests. The fee is USD10/day. Please check availability beforehand. It is not suited for very big cars.
It is very important to keep the place clean and safe. Please read and follow the house rules carefully.
Neighbors and Safety:
1. Don't play very loud music at night, which could upset the neighbors. No loud music should be plaid with open windows after 10pm.
2. All guests should be announced and approved beforehand.
3. Don't bring home strangers, as Brazil is not the safest place (many Cinderella attacks).
4. Parties are strictly forbidden.
5. Long term tenants are allowed to have dinner parties of not more than 6 people.
6. Lost keys or remote controls will be charged U$100 each. For security reasons, we would have to change all locks.
1. Keep the place clean.
2. Long term tenants: Take out the trash on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday, if you stay more than a week.
3. If you like plants, take good care of them and give them water. :)
4. Smoking only in garden or terrace.
1. Call maintenance, if any problem occurs (they only speak Portuguese).
2. You can always call my company's staff, who works downstairs during business hours (they speak Portuguese, English and Japanese).
3. Email me any time to give you further assistance.
4. There are several posts throughout the house, giving more directions, such as, how to call a taxi, maps to the metro stations, how to use the toilet (Brazil's toilets are a bit different), etc.
1. Check-in time is 2pm and check-out time is 11am, unless if we make other arrangements. I can be flexible, if there is no other guest before or after.
1. There is a Laundry Room, with a washer and dryer. There is also an iron and ironing board and an area to hang up cloths. Please remove your cloths at the end of the day.
2. There are two parking spots on the premise. For long term parking, they would have to be rented separately. Please check for availability, if you would like to use them.
Filming or Comercial Use:
1. All filming needs to be approved and requires properly signed clearance forms. Student Films need to be accompanied by a teacher.
2. Images (still or moving) of the house and all its spaces (inside or outside) cannot be used without proper authorization. This applies to all territories (in Brazil or internationally).
3. All comercial uses of the house have to be authorized by me in writing.
Enjoy your stay!
If you liked the place, please don't forget to recommend it!
Thank you! Omid.
I am half Swiss and half American, produce music and recently have directed films. I have built a beautiful hi-tech artist community in the heart of Vila Madalena, São Paulo, Brazil, which consists of several very stylish, fully furnished apartments, recording and film studios. Every apartment has its own router connected to a broad band fiber optic connection. There is a very attentive house keeper, who will help you with the checkin/out process. I can be reached almost instantly through AirBnB.
Vila Madalena rocks! If you come to Brazil don't miss it! Don't forget to check my extensive Guide, which will lead you to the most happening places and interesting people in the Vila!