About this listing
- One 36 square meter bedroom on the 3rd floor of a shared 6-bedroom house with A/C
- Your own private extra large bathroom with separate tub and shower, Kohler bathroom appliances
- New king size mattress and a sofa bed
- Towels, soap, shampoos, conditioner provided
- Tea, coffee and a bottle of water provided
- Very fast wi-fi with router for the floor
- Share of kitchen and living room (we have 2 kitchens and 2 living rooms)
- Lots of sunlight and greens
- A view to the city light at night
- a relaxing stay in Saigon for business trip (if you like a hotel standard with a much cheaper price tag)
- if you hate being surrounded by beggars and people trying to sell something, or paying for overpriced food and services being a tourist.
- if you like to host a brunch or dinner with friends in a cozy attic living room and kitchen all by yourself
Quiet and guarded neighborhood with a semi-private park on the river bank, but perfect for a small private party, meeting, business stay in Saigon. Previously rented out to expats only. Ideal location from financial district, downtown Saigon, only 12 mins cab ($3-$4), no traffic jam at anytime. easy access and breath taken view on the drive from downtown Saigon. 10 mins to Spa Authentic, one of the must activities in Saigon by Tripadvisor.
The nearby attractions: 10 mins taxi to restaurants, bars, Opera house, shopping center. Typical Vietnamese living scenes: outside of the guarded community, around the corners. (Food stands, street-side dinning: local beers, Pho - noodle soup) ATM and banking services steps outside the community.
Other things you can enjoy:
- Wifi internet throughout the house
- Cable TV in the living room
- 2 fridges (28 cu ft downstairs and 200L upstairs)
- Cooking wares
- Washer (feel free to wash your clothes)
- Water heaters (solar powered one so wait 2 minutes before getting in. It's really hot so adjust the temperature well)
- Air conditioners every room
- Bath towel, hair towel and hand towel
- You can use the kitchen fully stocked with cooking wares
1. How far is the house from the airport by taxi [25 mins] & how much is the fare? [approximately USD $15, take ONLY official Mai Linh or VinaSun, [or you could get charged up to $100 by rogue driver, and we cannot help you out of this situation]
2. How far is the apartment from the center also by taxi [2.8 km] & how much is the fare? [about USD $3]
3. Our flight takes us to SGN at approximately 24:00 or 1:00 in the morning. Will there be transport/taxi available at that time [Yes, taxis are 24 hours at airport] & how do we get in the house at such an early time? [if check in is before 11pm, a staff will meet you. After 11pm, you will have a pass code for a lockbox for the key]
4. We plan to go on a day tour of Cu Chi Tunnel or Vung Tau. Do you have any info on this? [yes, you'll have all tourist information so email me]
5. Our flight back home will be early morning, at 01:00 AM, which means that we will be checking out on the day before. Can we leave our luggage in the loft the whole day, while we wait to go to the airport later for our flight? [of course, you can store your luggage securely with us, and late-check-out is also OK if there's no incoming guest]
6. What's the weather like? [Saigon has 2 seasons: raining from May - Nov, sunny from Dec - Arp). But visit Vietnam confidently any time of the year, each season has its own special fruit, food, an cultural traditions]
7. How do I get a cellphone? You should have a disposable SIM card ($3-$5 for a week use) for your international unlocked phone, please let me know and the staff will pick one up for you. You can pay them there at par value. There is a telephone in the house.
8. Any request, just drop me a message.
TURN OFF all lights and air conditioners in every room when you leave the house.
- Absolutely No Smoking in the house
- No super loud speakers
- No live music (or equivalent of loudness) after midnight
- No unregistered overnight guests
- Children are more than welcomed but no pets at this point.
- Move back all furniture and placements to the exact same spot when we hand you the keys.
- All appliances and decor items will remain at the house. Please DO NOT move decor items around because some of them are fragile. Watch your children to make sure they don't eat or swallow small items or break them.
- Do not tape anything on the wall as it will pull out the paint and you may have to pay for repaint the entire wall (not just touch up because it won't work that way)
This was the second time in about a year that I stayed in Sao's house and this time we met briefly before she left Vietnam for the US and had a nice friendly chat. The house is in a nice, quiet residential area but still accessible to stores, restaurants and anything else you need in District 2. During this trip, I used Uber for transportation which made things especially easy, so I would recommend that option for getting around. I had to leave a few days early and Sao accommodated this request... Many thanks! cam on nhieu lam
Maisao's house is in a very quiet neighborhood, a good place to stay if you want to escape from the hustle and hustle of the tourist-y district areas. It costs about 90,000 vnd to 110,000 vnd (SGD $7-$9) for each trip to the city eg Cho Ben Tanh market. It costs 280,000 vnd (SGD $17) from the airport to Maisao's home but only 210,000 vnd (SGD $13) when we made our way from the home to the airport.
Arrived about 1.5 hours earlier but there was no issues - I called Mrs Ha who coordinated with Maisao's cousin the open the gate for us and showed us to our rooms.
The King beds in both rooms on the second floor were too hard for our liking and were of a different bed as compared to the photo. Wifi was good on the first day but there were some problems on the second day. There's coffee and water provided during the stay. Overall, the place was very spacious and a much better choice than hotels. :)
I stayed in this house for 2 nights. Maisao was very helpful via SMS and And her mother helped me every time. The house had a sweet smell all time. Because her mother grows flowers, especially her orchids was beautiful! I relaxed. I am pleased with the house and room. It was not only designed modernly but filled with magnificent furniture. It was a good taste. I liked her big desk I used everyday for working. Her wireless networking was stable. I loved staying the house and would love to come again.
Thank you Maisao and Mom!
We can highly recommend this accomodation! We loved our quiet and very nice room in Maisaos big house very much! After the long flight from Munich to Saigon Maisaos brother welcomed us very friendly and helpfull even late in the evenig. That was really wonderfull. Maisaos House ist perfect for everybody who likes to be next to the city center, but want to relax after a busy day in a quiet surrounding. We had really good vietnamese food in the evening not far from Maisaos house and we enjoyed the roofterasse for the sundowning few of the skyline of saigon. We' ll come back!
The room and house were absolutely gorgeous. Everything was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated (which was a very nice bonus:-)) Maisao was super easy to deal with and her family were helpful and friendly. We also really loved chilling on the roof terrace which has a great view of the skyscrapers of downtown.
Her place is in a safe neighbourhood, about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the main drag. The city centre is crazy busy and it was great coming back to Maisao's to escape the hustle and bustle. We loved staying here and would love to come visit again.
Nice stay at Sao's house. Its a nice break from the tourist-laded District one. Plenty of sunshine and rest. Highly recommended... cheers~
Sao is a good host. She is in California and the property is in District 2 in Saigon. I originally booked four days but had to extend another week and it was an easy process. The house is pretty new, around 4 years old and in a quiet neighborhood. The bedroom is very large (size of some studio apartments) and has plenty of sunshine. Her parents are ready to help if needed and drove over when I locked myself out of the bedroom, kudos for them.
Mostly its a splendid alternative to over-priced hotels. I stayed here while I was looking for an apartment. I recommend this lodging for a few days or even up to a week or so. I will recommend this for friends who may visit Saigon. Cheers and many kind thanks for the relaxing stay^^
This host has 28 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Maisao
World wanderer, currently living in San Francisco most of the time. Born in Hanoi, raised in Saigon, self-taught and schooled in US. I built this house in 2009 with a plan to move back to Vietnam, shipped a container of interior supplies to Vietnam from the US. The house is super airy and quiet, like a resort.
Ladies, enjoy the extra large bathroom and relaxing bubble bath. I usually took one past midnight after clubbing in the city, listening to Frank Sinatra.
My parents also are in the profile pictures are patrolling the house often. My dad is a research professor/diplomat. My mum manages a department at a private university.
City I love: San Francisco, Ha Noi, Saigon, London, Luzern, Barcelona, Bali, Hongkong
I typically have guests as business travelers, expats, celebrities, researchers, professors and dear friends!