About This Listing
Since June 2009 we have welcomed Artists to the village of San Roque De Cumbaza, one hour outside the town of Tarapoto in the Northern Highland Amazon Jungle. San Roque is a beautiful, tranquil, peaceful, jungle village surrounded by trees, rolling hills and rivers.
We are now offering to travelers the opportunity to share this very special place. If you are interested in bird watching, trekking, or just relaxing in the natural environment then the Sachaqa Eco-Art village is for you. We are situated a five minute walk up hill from the San Roque village center, with spectacular views of mountains and forests this small walk is well worth it.
We offer a shared kitchen, basic but comfortable bedrooms, as we are striving to be an eco lodge we are only offering a dry compost toilet that is positioned outside, the shower is also outside. If you are interested in joining us at sachaqa e-mail me and I will send you a welcome letter with more information. Our website is
• No smoking or taking of illegal substances on Art Center grounds.
• Be aware that smoking tobacco in village public areas where there are children is not appreciated by local people: you can smoke tobacco at the Art Center but please use outside areas.
• To take advice from local guides before taking long treks in unknown territory.
• The studio will be respected as a working environment and social activities will take place elsewhere.
• To respect Mother Earth and be conscious not to pollute her rivers and limit the use of plastic bags, bottles etc.
• The use of hallucinogenic plants is at your own risk the Art center is not responsible for resident’s choice to take sacred plants.
• If you want to take sacred plants will have to abandon the art center by an average of 48 hours or a week depending on the case.
• Anything that is broken or lost belonging to the Art Center will be replaced.
No Reviews Yet
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!