had nice contact with the dog
- he started with 1 night, but had no reservation for the next night. We were surprised that his luggage was still in the room the next day. Apparently he would stay with us, but he didn’t book the room. We had to ask upon his returning what he would do.
- Raul stayed all in all 5 nights, with an additional night on top, where we said it was possible, but that guests were arriving on the next day.
- the last day, Raul didn’t get up until 11.15AM, knowing that there would be new guests that day - we clearly said we needed time to clean the room.
- New guests arrived when Raul still was there - Raul stayed in our private area for more than 2 hours, searching for another Airbnb-room in Amsterdam.
- due to privacy-issues it’s just not done to make photos or videos without permission from the host
- there is no rail indeed, and we’re looking to install a rail, after the fall of Raul; of course we are concerned with the safety of the guests
- Raul didn’t indicate that he had so much pain in the days after his fall
- we don’t know where Raul gets his expertise to claim that the paint should be wrong for stairs (which is not)
- in the welcome guide is indicated, guests can use the fridge IN THE PANTRY, not in the kitchen, Raul didn’t ask or indicated that he would do so
- Raul was never supposed to be in the kitchen, like our ad on Airbnb states: we regularly don’t offer our kitchen for use. As we want to be accommodating to our guests, we would allow if guests ask to use the kitchen for something small. But we were very surprised and felt intruded in our privacy when we noticed his stuff in the fridge and it is definitely a step too far to be judged on this as this is no part of our airbnb-service ánd it wasn’t asked for.
- by the way: in the middle of summer it is very normal that there are flies flying around; there are special stickers on the windows to fight them
We’re sorry of not being a better match for Raul as an Airbnb-host.
We feel very sorry Raul fell of the stairs, which definitely had a negative impact on his overall review of his stay with us. Like we already wrote him in a private message, we hope he has a quick and full recovery and we will look for a solution.
The other things (fridge, cleanliness kitchen, …) are remarks of areas where Raul didn’t had to come, according to our house rules. Those house rules are very clear indicated in the online ad as well as in the welcome guide. He was the first guest that was so bold and impertinent to enter our private area without asking. Not cool.
Last but not least: it is also not cool to take pictures and make videos in our home, just to “backup his points” - as if he’s actively searching for bad points.
After having addressed different remarks in private message, we were surprised and pity that Raul felt the need to make a point putting everything out in the open.
Nevertheless we take the remarks into account and take necessary action to be better of service for future guests, learning from every experience.