**PLEASE NOTE: This booking is for the guest room only with a twin bed for a MAX of 2ppl**
ABOUT THE APARTMENT
• We are on a 4th floor of a walkup building with a secured video intercom system
• 2 Bedrooms (one master suite with a queen bed--occupied by the owners when the guest room is rented separately--and one guest room with a twin bed). We do have a super comfortable 5" thick twin sized Urban Outfitters bed roll we can provide to accommodate one additional person on the floor of the guest room (we have a max of 2ppl in the guest room)
• 1 Modern Bathroom (w/ full bathtub/shower and a hairdryer)
• Fully-equipped Kitchen (w/ dishwasher)
• Dining Room (w/ vintage table that seats 4ppl)
• Rooftop access with views of Manhattan
• Free (limited) street parking is available on a first come, first serve basis
Please email and tell us a bit about yourself before booking, thank you!
Carmen + Leo
INCLUDED IN NIGHTLY RATE
• Fresh linens and clean towels for each guest as well as mini shampoo/conditioner/soap
• Access to a shared bathroom with a full tub/shower and a hairdryer
• Rooftop access (FYI: absolutely no smoking inside the apartment--we are highly allergic!)
• Free high speed wi-fi is available (Note: we do not own a TV but we can provide you with our wifi password for streaming to your own laptop)
• Full use of all kitchen supplies, dish ware, oven, dishwasher and refrigerator (Note: we do not have a microwave)
• Personal space heater and/or air conditioner in the guest room
• There is a cleaning fee of $25 for stays less than 1 week in our guest room. We reserve the right to charge a $25/week cleaning fee for stays over 7 days.
We work for ourselves and in hospitality and are rarely home so if you are renting the guest room our interaction with you will probably be minimal. Carmen is a Concierge and does very much enjoy helping prepare guests for their trips before they arrive (ex. restaurant bookings, suggestions of special exhibits/events/attractions, etc. or just general tips/advice). Please reach out to us whenever needed. We are readily accessible by email or phone throughout your stay!
NEIGHBORHOOD & LOCAL SUGGESTIONS
• We live on the border of "Prospect Heights" and "Crown Heights" in Brooklyn, just east of Prospect Park (Brooklyn's version of Central Park) and a short 6-8 blocks from Brooklyn's Botanic Garden, the Brooklyn Museum and Grand Army Plaza (where Brooklyn hosts a Saturday Market)
• We enjoy both a quiet residential neighborhood with beautiful brownstone homes and a growing number of Manhattan-quality restaurants, bars, coffee shops and boutiques within a 2-10 block radius.
• NYC's famous Brooklyn Museum (just 5 blocks away) has a Pay-What-You-Wish entry daily (Note: their "suggested contribution" for adults is $12 and $8 for seniors/students but these are only suggested amounts)
• The Botanic Garden (also just 5 blocks away) offers free entry all day on Tuesdays and before 12pm on Saturdays
• We are equally as close to Prospect Park (Brooklyn's version of Central Park - both were designed by the same landscape architect) which hosts many great free outdoor film screenings, concerts and food festivals every summer: (website hidden)
• See our guidebook for a growing list of neighborhood services, new dining suggestions, coffee shops, bars, jazz clubs, and local shopping
• SUBWAY ($2.50/ride or $29/unlimited 7-day pass per person) :: We live closest to the Franklin stop with access to four express trains (2/3/4/5). These trains will get you to the Financial District/Tribeca in just 25-30 minutes, Soho/Greenwich Village in 30-35 minutes and Grand Central/Time Square in 40-45 minutes.
• BUSES ($2.50/ride, you can use your unlimited Metrocards to ride any MTA bus as well) :: The B44 and B44-SBS bus to Williamsburg departs right outside our building (with direct access to South Williamsburg in 25-30 min) and right outside the nearest corner store (across the street) is a Downtown Brooklyn-bound B45 bus which gives you quick and direct access to the Barclay Center/Atlantic Avenue Shopping Center/Downtown Brooklyn in less than 20 min
• TRAINS :: We are also a short 13-15 minute walk from the Nostrand LIRR train (this train takes you direct to Jamaica station/JFK Airtrain in 20-25 minutes for less than $20)
• CABS FROM JFK/LGA :: We live within a 30 minute cab ride from both JFK and LaGuardia Airport and these cab fares should be no more than $40-45 (one-way) depending on traffic.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$25 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$495 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1900 /month|
I give 5 stars.
Look no further if you are like me,
-don't mind the subway ride into the city
-want comfortable private room and the bed
-want more than just Manhattan, such as Coney Island, Williamsburgh, Brooklyn, etc.
About the hosts,
Carmen and Leo are great couple to hang out with, talk to, watch movies with, enjoy coffee with, ask about the city, and so much on. (what I did with them :-) )
I felt grateful to get to stay at their place.
Carmen and Leo have a lovely place filled with a ton of neat little touches to make your stay more comfortable. I've stayed at a half dozen places in NYC, both hotels and residences, and this one was one of my favorites.
Also, they will communicate with you every step of the way and make sure you're well looked after. I had a good feeling about staying with them from the very first email, and it really paid off.
I stayed in Carmen and Leo's place while they were on a trip and I didn't have a chance to meet them in person yet. Carmen was great and responded in no time to my questions, and left and extensive list of things to refer to when they are not there. Their place is super nice and clean, and the neighborhood is one of the best - unless you are more comfortable in thoroughly gentrified areas in Brooklyn which I'm not. Franklin ave has such variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes. It was easy to use the Franklin subway station every day too.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.