Modern and stylish and quiet apartment with 2 bedrooms, for up to 5 people in the Vatican area. An entrance with a modern sofa and an original armchair; a wide bedroom with a double bed and TV; the second bedroom has a double bed and a single and TV; a fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dining table, a bathroom with shower. TV, washing machine, air conditioning, wi-fi. The apartment is totally refurbished and very cozy.
The metro Stop is at a mere 5 min. walk; the entrance of the Vatican museums can reached also with a short 7/8 min walk from the apartment. The area is also full of restaurants and bars and supermarkets; everything you will need for your Roman holiday is at a stone's throw :-)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS APARTMENT IS REGISTERED IN THE OFFICIAL VACATION RENTALS REGISTRY OF THE ROME CITY COUNCIL. THIS MAKES IT OBLIGATORY FOR GUESTS TO PAY THE CITY TAX on ARRIVAL: 2 EURO per night per person, except the children under 10 y.o. and in any case for max.10 nights.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$14 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$946 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$3557 /month|
|Check In:||12:00 PM (noon)|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
The apartment was lovely, very well decorated and spacious. Everything we needed was provided. The location was also great, very close to a metro stop and many restaurants and shops. The best was how close it was to the Vatican, only a ten minute walk!
Some negatives were that there was no hot water in the shower. We emailed the host about it but did not receive a response in time so that was disappointing, and cold. Also, as outlined in the contract, there was a fee for checking in on a Roman holiday. Unfortunately since we are not from the area, we did not know it was a holiday and were caught by surprise. Additionally, the host was not very receptive to our complaints. Overall however, it was a pleasant stay.
The flat was fine, nice rooms and good location. A few "buts": the shower was difficult, almost dangerous, to get out of, one of the TV sets was not working and wifi weak and almost dead in the last couple of days (we stayed seven nights). No cleaning throughout the week. I stayed with a friend and the flat was great for both of us, can´t really see it for four people for more than three nights. Good for a couple with a child or two perhaps.
The management was rude and unhelpful after booking and in Rome. Someone called Angelo at the office had a huge disrespectful row with me over an iron (he claim it wasn´t included and refuse to facilitate one, it was included and in the flat at the end, so no clue) , he said he booked an airport transfer and didn´t so I had to look for an alternative when I arrive at midnight, despite a heat wave of around 30 degrees Celsius he refused to hand over the air conditioning controls, didn´t reply to phone messages or emails after making the reservation and paying, etc. Avoid this Angelo (Stefano we never knew, perhaps is the same person?) if you can. Shame on the flat owner to have them represent him
The review above only consists in lies and this can be easily seen if one reads it with attention. The reason why this man writes this is that, from the beginning, he aggressively asked for a discount, which was denied, as there was no reason.
So let's see all the obvious contradictions that demonstrates that he is lying:
- he says we denied an Iron, but then he admits there was an Iron; so why should I deny an iron if there is an Iron? Obviously just an excuse to say that someone treated him disrespectfully; but with some imagination he could have find a more credible excuse.
- now comes the best: he says we denied him the use of the air conditioning as there were 30 degrees Celsius! 30 degrees Celsius in Rome, in the evening, in November? Come on, this is so ridiculous, as this kind of temperature in Rome comes up daytime in July and August, for sure not in November, when we turn on the heating and during the night the temperature is around 12 degrees, as everybody can check on a weather website ; again he could have find a better argument to take a revenge for not having received a discount;
- he says that he was waiting for a pick-up service at midnight at the airport (with 30 degrees celsius in November!) when he checked in at the apartment 9.30 pm, where he normally arrived using the pick-up service I booked for him;
- me and Angelo (the key holder) the same person? Why? Again, whatever comes in mind to him just to to write negative things.
- no cleaning during his stay? of course not; nobody promised this and, as he should know, a vacation rental is not an hotel where daily cleaning is provided, unless differently specified. Also in this case it's obvious that he is just finding any argument that would allow him to disregard Angelo for refusing a discount.
- the shower is dangerous? please note that the apartment is brand new but whys should it be dangerous; of course he doesn't explain as it's not true.
Appartamento molto carino. Nonostanza lo stabile esternamente non sia tenuto troppo bene. Unico neo.. Il portiere troppo curioso.. A messo in imbarazzo un mio collega chiedendole dove stava andando e il nome della persona che aveva affittato.. Mi sembra davvero esagerato. Per il resto tutto perfetto..
We had a great time staying at this cute apartment in Prati as a home base. It's right around the corner from the Ottaviano metro station, but on a smaller street. The apartment was clean, comfortable, and quiet. We were in and out without a hassle. Coordinating our arrival with Stefano was easy.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.