Beautifully remodeled modern apartment with brand new appliances and furniture, a short walk to D.C.'s best attractions: The U.S. Capitol, Supreme Court, Union Station, National Mall and Smithsonian museums. You’ll love the historic walkable neighborhood and proximity to restaurants, coffee shops, nightlife, Eastern Market and public transportation. This is a private basement apartment, we live in the home upstairs. Ideal for couples, solo adventurers and business travelers.
Wonderful, modern English basement in a perfect location in the Historic District of Capitol Hill. This studio offers an ideal place to call home while you're in DC for work or for play.
The studio is a garden apartment beneath, and separate from, our 1880s row home. Located half-way between Eastern Market and Union Station, sightseeing, restaurants, and transportation options abound.
After a busy day touring or working in the nation's capital, come home to a beautifully decorated apartment, complete with WiFi, high-end appliances, new washer/dryer, queen bed, full kitchen and futon sleeper. Enjoy watching the 40-inch Samsung SmartTV with DirecTV, Netflix and Amazon.
Located within walking distance of some of the most exciting new restaurants on the East Coast, you may not want to cook a single meal at home. But if you do, make yourself at home in the open studio kitchen.
By big-city standards, the studio has a secluded feel on a quiet two-lane street. But if you aren't accustomed to city living, you should know that our street does see vehicle and foot traffic, particularly at rush hour. Honking and sirens are unusual--this isn't Manhattan--but don't be surprised to see cars and pedestrians commuting to and from the Capitol and other government buildings in our neighborhood. Given the prime location and pleasant sidewalks, walkers and joggers are also common. The house was built over a century ago. You will hear footsteps above and sometimes voices. From time to time you may hear our children. We want you to be aware of what row home living in the Historic District is like.
Situated between the Eastern Market/Barrack's Row area and the exciting H Street corridor, the studio is walking distance from two neighborhoods exploding with new restaurants and bars, and we are happy to tell you where you NEED to be eating.
We're six blocks from the Supreme Court, the Capitol, and the Library of Congress. The Mall is a beautiful twenty-minute walk, providing easy access to the Smithsonian's museums. We're a 12-minute walk (a little longer with luggage) or a five-minute taxi from Union Station (Amtrak and Metro Red Line), and even closer to the Eastern Market Metro station (Blue and Orange Metro Lines). We also have four Capital Bikeshare stations within a five-block radius, providing a great way to see DC.
- Flexible check-in with digital entry code
- TV with DirecTV
- High-speed Internet (WiFi only)
- Basic kitchen amenities
- Keurig coffee maker (pods provided)
- Iron and ironing board
- Half a block from dry cleaner
- New A/C and heater that you control
- Walk to the best DC has to offer
- Approximately half a mile from Eastern Market Metro (Blue/Orange Lines) and Union Station (Amtrak, Red Line)
- Six blocks from Eastern Market's restaurants and weekend open-air market
- Six blocks from H Street, DC's trending culinary and nightlife district
- Unbeatable neighborhood for jogging
- Surrounded by Capital Bikeshare stations
The basement apartment has a separate private outdoor entrance. There is no staircase inside connecting the apartment to our home upstairs.
Interaction with guests
We're around to help with anything you need but won't bother you unless you specifically request. We just want you to be as comfortable as possible.
Other things to note
Upon booking, please provide your telephone number if it's not visible on airbnb. The studio entrance is directly under the stairs that lead up to the front door to the house. We will text you the code to the key box on the door of the basement apartment. You will punch in the code, which will open the key box, where you will find the key.
By booking this property you are agreeing to all terms and conditions.
- You may use our parking pass to park on the street. There is a $750 deposit required to use it, which we will keep if the parking pass is not returned at the end of your stay.
- The owners of the property do not assume liability for the loss, theft, damage or injury (or death) to persons or their personal property. Guests agree to indemnify and hold the owners harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guests’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage/loss.
We love living in Washington D.C. because the city is so walkable and has great restaurants. We also love to travel, though we don't do it enough. We have two young daughters who want a dog, but we haven't gotten one yet. Maybe we'll start with a fish.