very old Georgian house Very original with most of the character of the period when it was built. City Centre location, 10min walk =O'connell street( heart of dublin City), temple bar area( night life, pubs, restaurants= about 12 minutes walk)
This house is very old and one of the first Georgian house built in Dublin. This house is unique, it has preserved order inside and outside the house because it has period plaster features in the ceiling on the ground floor, first floor, second floor and on top of the walls throughout the house, it has high ceiling, single glaze, Georgian, huge windows, the rooms are big, the Local council wants to preserve the house for its original period features and want to preserve absolutely everything about the house even things we may think would be better with modern materials. This house was in derelict condition 3 years ago, I have saved the house and spent a huge amount of money to present it in the condition it is to airbnb guests :
- New, very large main bathroom with great water pressure, big golden bath and great power showers with unlimited hot water on gas.
- New plumbing system offering unlimited hot water on gas 24 hours and in huge quantity ( 500 litres of very warm water tank), a pump has been installed to offer very powerful showers and a great pressure for drawing the water in the golden bath in the main bathroom in minutes.
- Gas central heating with new efficient gas boiler, costing on average around 25 euros/ night for a group of 10 guests. This is only an estimation, it could be a bit less or a bit more depending on hours used and on number of guests.
Warning : this house is huge with high ceiling and no isolation and big Georgian windows, GAS CENTRAL HEATING IS A MUST in the winter months and is necessary to warm the house 2 hours before your arrival to make your stay nice and pleasant.
Estimation of cost : 25 euros / night in the winter, half of that in the summer months.
- 16 kw Wood- burner in the kitchen/dining/ living area which makes the place very warm and homely. we provide wood at cost price ( 5.50 euros/ bag of wood). It makes the living/dining/ kitchen area very warm and creates a great atmosphere in the house for our guests. I offer to have it lighted 2 hours before our guests arrival.
- Central location ( 10 minutes walk to o'connell street: heart of Dublin) ; 15 minutes walk to temple bar; 5 minutes walk to the Guinness factory, 15 minutes walk to the huge Phoenix park (707 hectares) with the wild dears, the president house, the American ambassador house, the zoo....
- Convenient big place for big groups, we can welcome up to 15,17 guests on a sharing basis.
All the beds are new and the mattresses are very confortable, linen is new, fresh and clean, towels provided.
The house is far from BEING PERFECT, BE WARNED. Nothing in the house is straight, nothing about the house is straightforward, the windows are from that time, every decision requires a specialist architect, this house is unique, full of characters. This house has been our house for the past 5 years, we have lived there very happily and love the fact that this house is a real life museum where our walls could tell you genuine stories of welcoming Irish people, farmers since as early as the 1700. I am now very happy opening our doors to AIRBNB GUESTS WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE who desire to experience a unique, different type of accommodation, who understand the challenges arising from being in an old building( no isolation, big volumes, high ceilings ) and APPRECIATE being in an old house with genuine history and character.
So far, to my surprise, my house has pleased many guests and have been enjoying the house greatly, I was not expecting all those bookings, the photos are accurate, when I will finish wallpapering the hallway, I will hire an airbnb photographer. it is not in my interest to hide anything or to have the wrong photos, all photos are accurate and real.
So that everyone knows, all is missing renovating now is a bit of painting, I would like to find a gorgeous wallpaper for the hallway and I am on my way to Milano in 2 weeks for it!
I really want to create a unique, beautiful, clean, safe and comfortable home for my guests. I am very grateful with the business that my guests bring and really enjoy meeting everyone. I want to give everyone a personal touch and intention. it is my very desire to make their stay a unique experience in Dublin and at North king street.
Guests have full access to the first, second and third floor, exclusive use for group of guests. There is no sharing of anything.
Non-smoking policy for the entire house.
smoking is fine in the small courtyard at the back.
Other things to note
I am very happy to welcome guests who have a genuine interest inexperiencing a different type of accommodation, understand and appreciate the challenges of old, historic,protected house.
• Check-in time is 4PM.
Minimum 2 nights booking for week/ends( Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday)
Minimum booking of 12 Guests per week/ends bookings.
Minimum booking of 6 Guests for the week ( Monday to Thursday booking)
Strict non-smoking for the entire house
Smoking is fine in the courtyard at the back of the house.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am so happy to be able to welcome guests from the world over and to be able to welcome big groups in the heart of Dublin city center:):), the house is old, circa 1675, far from being perfect but has so much to offer in term of genuine history, offering a different type of accommodation with old tick walls, high ceilings, big volumes, log fire...
I am an easy-going person, love meeting people from different horizon and
Will do my maximum to make sure that your stay together and in Dublin is great:):):):)
I am also very happy to re-organise the space more efficiently on a sharing basis to make it possible for bigger groups,
I am looking forward to meeting you in Dublin:):):)