About this listing
Our sunny bedroom will be your home away from homes. We are a 5-10 minute walk from tons of shops and restaurants, and right on the bus line to go downtown. The room has every amenity you can imagine to make your stay as self sufficient as possible
We are Van and Heidi! We have a very lovely 300 sq ft bedroom in our upstairs that we completely remodeled just for Airbnb. We are a family of 3 with a baby boy (born March 2015) . However, our room is downstairs and across the house, and you cannot hear him at night!
The house is a beautiful 100 year old house in NE Portland. You are a 5 minute walk from Mississippi street & Alberta street, and only 2 miles from the Lloyd Center (The Mall) and the Rose Garden Arena. There is a brand new New Seasons Grocery Store that is only a 10 minute walk away. Not to mention, you can walk to many different restaurants (Peruvian, Mexican, American, Deli, Coffee, etc) in just a couple of minutes... as well as many shops and businesses. You are also right on the 44, 4 and 6 bus lines, and can get to downtown Portland in 10 minutes by hopping on the 44.
The room, as described, is 300 square feet and comes with all the accommodations you could need for a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. There is plenty of free parking in front of the house, and we also have a driveway you can use if you request it! Inside of your room you will have access to a Keurig coffee maker, a refrigerator, a microwave, an electric burner, a butcher block, a fireplace (electric heater), dishes, knives, and silverware. The room also comes with a 40" Samsung flat screen television, Direct T.V. (with HBO and other paid channels), very comfortable Queen size bed, full length mirror, Wifi, and a very nice air conditioner (in the summer). The room is as nice as any hotel room you will find, but much cheaper, and in a great location. However, unlike a hotel room, you will also have access to the rest of the house (kitchen, washer/dryer, fenced in back yard, downstairs bathroom, etc...) We tried to make the room as self sufficient as possible though, so you are able to stay comfortably in the privacy of your own room!
We try our hardest to use the upstairs bathroom as little as possible. We spend most of our time downstairs in our section of the house, and usually shower in the basement. We sometimes do bath the baby upstairs, but almost always when nobody is home! The bathroom is a beautiful tile and granite bathroom that was recently remodeled. There is an additional half bathroom downstairs that you can use. The bathroom, as well as the stairwell are located right outside of your room. We do have 3 cats, however, they spend a lot of time outdoors in the summer, or in our section of the house.
About us: We both are cat lovers, we watch Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, and I play piano. If you enjoy music, you are more than welcome to come play our piano in the main room downstairs. The locks on our doors are all electronic, so we will give you a personal entry code and you can come and go from the house as you please without having to worry about keys. We will also be more than happy to take you out and show you the town if you are interested.
In short, you will have:
- Microwave, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Electric Burner (In your room)
- Fireplace (Electric Heater)
- Lots of coffe options, refrigerator comes stocked with drinks (Usually water, sometimes cokes and orange juice).
- Direct T.V. With OnDemand & Movie Channels (HBO, ect...)
- Access to 1 1/2 Bathrooms
- Access to Laundry Room
- Access to kitchen if you need it
- Queen Size Bed
- Huge closet with hangers, storage space and chest of drawers for your clothes
- Air Conditioner for summer
- Fenced in backyard
- You can pick wild blackberries in our yard during the summer
- Oh, and access to 3 cats =)
If this sounds like your kind of place, and we sound like your kind of people, then send us a request =)
** Optional 2nd bedroom **
My 2nd bedroom is available ONLY to people who are booking the main bedroom. This bedroom is the purple and pink bedroom in the pictures above. Both bedrooms are side by side.
- Cost is $25 a night
- If you book both bedrooms you will have the entire upstairs (bathroom included) all to yourself.
- Bedroom is larger than it appears (156 sq feet) and measures 13X12 and has a very nice twin size bed, Wifi, 32" Samsung flat screen, Direct T.V. Antique Vanity and a Piano. Also has two windows, an air conditioner and central heating.
The laundry room also has a utility sink and a dishwasher, and we can put an electric burner in there for you to cook on, so if you rent both rooms you will basically have the equivalent of an apartment, measuring around 700 sq ft. I can even put up a cat gate to keep the cats out of the upstairs.
- Keep in mind, this 2nd room is essentially my dressing room... so my clothes are in the closet and in the drawers. If you are staying for more than a few days I may need to come upstairs and get some clothes out... But i will do my best to get everything out that i might need. Otherwise, you will have the entire upstairs to yourself! =)
- If you want to book both bedrooms, send me an inquiry and I will send you back a Special Offer that includes both bedrooms.
We live right off of trendy William's street, which has been nicknamed Bicycle Alley. There are 3 apartment complexes coming up just 1 block away, with retail on the first floor. Most of our guests spend the majority of their time hanging out on Williams, Mississippi or Alberta, but we are also a quick bus ride or drive to downtown. In the warm months of the year, Alberta has an event called "Last Thursday" that takes place on the last Thursday of the month. It's an arts and crafts fair that spans 15 blocks, and is an amazing site!
Be nice, respectful and hopefully have a love for cats =)
Our new electric heater fireplace, kitchen station with added burner, coffee maker, and pots and pans in the cabinets below