About this listing
Custom Architectural Mid-Century Modern home built by famed Sea Ranch architect Carson Bowler. Luxury home. River + Ocean views in every room. Large Coastal Garden. Village of Jenner. No smoking or pets, min 2 nights. Max 6 guests. County Tax #1210N.
Enjoy a coastal home owned by a writer and an artist/photographer. Our home is designed to provide you with views, natural light, large windows to bring the outside in and views of the night sky. Accented with Asian & African Antiquity's, Art and Photography. New contemporary furnishing. Updated with taste and your comfort in mind. Large library of books, music and videos.
The home is on 3/4 acre lot with a large coastal garden and pond. The architect designed two separate buildings (Main & MBR) with over 850sqft. of 3 connecting decks with views on every level.
The main building on the 1st level is an open floor plan that houses the living room with queen sleeper sofa, dining area, full bath with claw foot tub and a sleeping loft with two xlrg twin beds. It has large picture windows to bring the outside view of the coastal garden, river and ocean. Sit out on the deck to take in the Jenner estuary wildlife and watch our spectacular sunsets.
On the 2nd level is the a private Master Bedroom Suite. This unique building is designed to create a private space from the main house for those romantic evenings or write that novel or screenplay. It has a large shower room for two, writing desk, sitting area, vanity and bath. It includes a deck to watch the sunrise or sunset.
On the 3rd lower deck we have a hot tub and a outdoor eating area with a Weber grill with tables and chairs. It too has views of the coastal garden, river and ocean.
The coastal garden has easy walking paths between the variety of spaces each with it own unique color of flowers blooming. There are many places to sit and read. Our pond is a favorite spot for Pacific Tree Frogs to mate, lay eggs, become tadpoles and mature into frogs that live in the garden. Our mosquito fish keep the pond free from mosquito.
SONOMA COUNTY TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX
Sonoma county requires that we collect a 9% tax on all stays. This tax is not included in your rental price. It is collected when you check into the home. Our tax certificate is #1210N.
Age Limit: The home was built by an architect for an adult couple so it is not child friendly. Multiple level decks and separate sleeping buildings requires us to have a minimum age requirement of 8 yrs. old. Person entering into this rental contract must be 21 years or older.
Per county a maximum of six (6) guests. We have tiered pricing based on number of guests and costs. Additional nightly fee for more than 2 people. Cleaning discount provided to a single or couple.
Bedrooms: We have two bedrooms. One is in a separate master suite bldg with a queen bed. The second bedroom is in the main bldg and is a sleeping loft with two twin beds. Please Note: The sleeping loft is above and open to the main living area. The twin xl beds cannot be moved together to create a full size bed. We have a queen sleeper in the living room to accommodate two additional guests. We have provided an additional memory foam mattress to add that extra comfort when sleeping on the sleeper sofa. Luxury high thread count sheets provided. Down comforters, wool blankets and pillows.
Baths: Main home includes a full bath with claw foot tub. Private Master Bedroom Suite a vanity, bath, master shower room for 2.
Entertainment & Communications: Free US long distance phone service. No cell reception at home. There is cell reception in town. The only available internet is Satellite WiFi Internet. Internet is provided in blocks of data on a monthly basis so please no Internet downloads or streaming. Dish satellite television programs with HBO. Large selection of dvd's with blue ray players in main house and master bedroom.
Fully equipped kitchen and outdoor Weber gas grill on deck next to spa. Extensive cook book library to challenge or delight the chef in all of us. Kitchen Appliances: Thermodor Gas Range Stove with large oven, Subzero refrigerator/ freezer drawers, Bosch dishwasher, microwave, illy espresso machine, french press and electric drip coffee maker. Fully stocked kitchen with small appliances for baking, food prep and raw food preparation. High quality knifes, pots and pans.
Rental Info: Perfect for 2 to 4 adults. Can accommodate a max. of 6 people. Extra charge for more then 2 people.
Laundry: Washer & Dryer available for guests staying 3 or more nights. Iron and Iron Board
Heating/Cooling: Main House and Master Bedroom: Jotul Propane Gas Fireplaces
Parking: Off street Parking for (3) small cars or 2 large cars.
General: Sorry No Pets / No Smoking in buildings or on property.
2 Night Minimum except holidays. 3 Night Minimum Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day. 4 Night Minimum Thanksgiving, Christmas and 3 night for New Years.
Guest will be renting two separate buildings connected by three decks. They will enjoy the use of the home, decks, hot tub, outdoor dining area, and part of the coastal garden. You will not have to share this space. Side garden with a separate deck with two studio sheds is not part of the rented space. Guest will not have access to this area.
Interaction with Guests
We check all of our guest into the home and make sure they get settled. The home is unique and we want to make sure their stay starts off right. During your stay we respect your privacy. There is a separate area next to the main house with a separate deck and two studios. This is the owners art studio space that we access from a separate entrance. We available for emergencies. Please feel free to contact us during your stay for any additional recommendations on places to go and eat. We will check out the guest at the end of their stay. Guests must be ready at check out unless other arrangements with owner has been made in advance.
The home is located in the lovely village of Jenner by the Sea. It is located on the street near the Jenner Headlands and away from Hwy 1. It is an easy drive from our home to many places on the coast and inland. If you like to walk you can go into the small town of Jenner and have breakfast or lunch in town. Sit by the river at Cafe Aquatic and hear some great live music or rent a kayak. The River's End restaurant is known for its fine dining. It is popular so make a reservation early. The Jenner Inn's restaurant is open for lunch and dinner during the Summer. Jenner Gift store has local wine, cheese, art, photography and soveniers. Parking at the home is limited to please car pool. This is a residential neighborhood please keep noise down both in and outside of the home.
There is limited bus service to Santa Rosa and Gualala in the north. The great thing about this location is it is an easy drive to many activities and adventures. Only 35 minutes from Sonoma County airport. Sonoma Coast State parks has a variety of beaches and hiking trails. Armstrong Woods has coastal redwoods. Golf courses in Monte Rio or Bodega Bay. Wine tasting and farm tours. Walk into town for kayaking, restaurants or to sit by the river. Drive to Bodega Bay for sport fishing, award wining clam chowder or picnic on Doran Beach. Go to the village of Bodega for art galleries and scenes from the movie The Birds. Our home is the perfect jumping off point to your Sonoma Coast vacation.
Other Things to Note
You will be enjoying a home that lovingly care for by its owners. There is a real difference in staying in a home verses an investment rental. We are located in the village of Jenner by the Jenner Headlands. Area of Jenner located north of the village is accessed by miles of curvy roads. Our home is easy access to Bodega Bay and Russian River. Walk into town for breakfast or kayaking off the Jenner dock. The home was designed by an architect for adults. It is not suitable for young children under 8 years old. It has multi-levels decks, stairs, separate sleeping buildings and gas stoves for heat. Sorry we cannot make any exceptions. Because we live in our home when we are not sharing it with guests we cannot accommodate one nights stays. Minimum of 2 nights, 3 nights for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day, and 4 nights for Thanksgiving, Xmas and 3 nights for New Year. Sonoma County Transient Occupancy Tax of 9% paid by cash or check or PayPal during check in.
Sonoma County now has mandatory house rules for all vacation rentals. These county rules are identified with an * next to the requirement.
*Transient Occupancy Tax must be collected by owner or business for each guest stay. We are a single owner occupied home. Our tax is the lowest at 9% verses 11% required for a home managed by a vacation rental agency, inn or hotel. *Certificate # 1210N
*Quiet hours between 10pm - 7 am
*Sonoma County has a maximum overnight occupancy for vacation rentals shall be up to a maximum of two (2) persons per sleeping room or guestroom, plus two (2) additional persons per property.
*Maximum overnight guest for The Blue Lotus is 6 persons.
* On-site parking space at The Blue Lotus is3 compact cars or 2 large cars. There is no on street parking on Rock Point Drive.
The Blue Lotus Owner House Rules
You are renting our personal home and will enjoy the comforts of a real coastal home and not a over used investment rental.
1. The home is a non-smoking and no pet home.
2. Sonoma County Transient occupancy tax of 9 % is not included in the base price and paid for through your Airbnb transaction. The county tax will be collected when you check in by PayPal, check or cash.
3. Property: The property is furnished and includes Hot Tub, Weber Grill, 1 queen bed, 2 XLRG twin beds and 1 queen sofa bed with extra memory foam mattress, home theater, Exceed Satellite internet, Dish Satellite TV with HBO programming, Sub-Zero refrigerator, Thermador range, Microwave and Bosch dishwasher.
4. Rental Party and Maximum Occupancy: Your rental party consist of the number of guests agreed upon by both the renter and the owner at the time of your reservation. You may not increase the number of people in your party without the owner's permission.
5. House Cleaning Fee: Fee provides payment for a deep house clean, washing all bedding including comforter, towels etc. Cleaning services does not include cleaning small appliances, pots, dishes, glassware, flatware, stemware etc must be cleaned by guest and ready for our next guest. Our cleaning costs reflect a 4 to 6 hour deep clean including bedding for up to 4 beds. Our costs are higher than a rental business with full time staff. Cleaning Fee Discount for a party of two guests.
6. Term of the Short Term Lease: The lease begins at 4pm (the “Check-in Date") and ends at 11am (the “Checkout Date"). Please notify us 7 days before arriving if you need a late check in or check out time. Guests must be ready to vacate the premises no later than 11am.
7. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. *We do not rent the home for more than 27 days at a single stay.
8. Trash: Trash Shed contains 2 cans. We have limited trash service on the coast. Any trash that cannot be placed in the designated trash cans must be taken by guests.
9. We encourage our guests to enjoy the great outdoors and water sports like kayaking, surfing and fishing. Please remove wet shoes or sandals before entering the house. All wet bathing and wet suits can be hung on the hooks by the spa to dry. For surfboards use the garden gate and rinse and dry your surfboards in that area.
10. Grill and Spa area. Please keep this area clean. Help us keep the spa clean of debris by wiping your feet on the mat before entering the tub. Before you leave you need to clean the grill if you used it for the next guest.
11. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection.
12. The septic system is very effective; Do Not Flush anything other than toilet paper.
13. Guest agrees to hold owners free and clear of any liability for damage to self, members of guest's party or property, resulting from accident or injury, or loss of enjoyment.
14. Free calls within the United States. Guest is liable for ANY charges related to toll/long distance phone calls. Free HBO. Guests is liable for any additional Pay-TV charges.
15. Satellite Internet is provided in monthly blocks of data on the coast. Please no downloading, uploading or streaming. You may incur additional cost if you wipe out the entire block of monthly data.
16. The lost key charge is $25 per key and a $25 fee for reentry into home in the event of Guest lockout.
17. The Blue Lotus is a no pet home. Please help us keep our home safe for people with allergies to pet dander. Please note we reserve the right to add a charge if a pet was on the property.
18. The Blue Lotus is a no smoking home and property. If evidence of smoking is found in the home you will be charged for additional cleaning.
19. Power does go out on the coast on occasion. If there is a storm or power outage, no refunds will be given unless: The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations. Refund will amount to any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered
The owners are world travelers who appreciate diverse cultures, architecture, art and fine food. Interest are photography, antiques, farm-to-table dining, paddle along the coast, just sitting down and enjoy the sounds of nature.
We purchased this beautiful home and want to share it with others. We have brought this unique home back to its original Carson Bowler design. We live in the home when it is not rented.
We look forward to you visiting our home and the lovely town of Jenner, CA.