About this listing
Exchange Cottage was once a telephone exchange that has been
converted into a cosy artist's cottage in the village of Kirkliston, which
lies approximately 10 miles west of Edinburgh. The cottage is a lovely
quirky place full of paintings and artworks.
It is very close to Edinburgh Airport (about 10 minutes by taxi).
To get to the heart of Edinburgh city centre you can drive or take a taxi (journey time is around 35 minutes, depending on traffic) or get the number 38 or 38A bus which takes about 50 minutes. In the other direction, the 38 bus goes to Linlithgow (birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots) and Stirling, with its magnificent castle.
My cottage is single storey with a vaulted ceiling. It consists of:
- A compact centrally-heated living/kitchen room with a sofa, dining table and chairs, and a Victorian fire surround (decorative only). In the kitchen nook, there is a wall-mounted electric oven, a gas hob, a fridge, a microwave oven, a washing machine and a sink. There is also a full set of pots, pans, plates, cups and other kitchen utensils.
- One double bedroom with a double bed, flat screen TV and a hanging area for clothes.
- A bathroom with a bath, toilet and washbasin and constant hot water.
In the village of Kirkliston there is:
- a supermarket (5 minute walk)
- chemist (1 minute walk)
- bus stop for bus to Edinburgh city centre (bus stop is 5 mins walk)
Plus take-away food places, library, pub and church.
You are also a 15 minute drive from the village of Queensferry with its restaurants and famous Forth Bridge that crosses the Firth of Forth.